With Me
67 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the days before, even though I was having a good time being with Judy and all, I still had many thoughts and problems swirling in my mind, leaving me unable to concentrate nor be truly relaxed.

But in the next couple of days, I was so happy and carefree, I knew that in just a few days I will be able to meet my family again, and even though there was a bit of nervousness from the thought of meeting them, it wasn't anything serious, after all, I was speaking with my mom and dad daily, I even spoke with Dan for a bit even though that was a bit awkward, I think it will be better for me and him to take face to face, that would be much better.

So when at the end of the second day the manager told me that she had already got a part-timer and that my vacation had started officially right than, I got excited and happy, yet there was still a few mixed feelings as I looked at Judy, who just smiled at me and nodded.

We didn't head straight home, instead, we went shopping first, Judy insisted that we should celebrate before I leave home and wouldn't accept a no for it.

We had celebrated that night, laughed, had fun, and cried a bit at the end.

"Hey, Sam.." As we were setting down after a bit of crying, I suddenly heard Judy's voice from next to me.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"After... After you return... Do you have a place in mind to stay in?" Her head was a bit down while she asked me.

I froze for a bit, I did think about that when I had time, I had no place to return to or stay in, and I couldn't stay with Judy forever, at least not like that...

So that thought did leave me in a bit of a conundrum, and I somehow didn't want to think about it right then, I was going to think about it more at home.

"I don't know... I don't have any plans for that at the moment." I answered.

"Then... Do you want to stay with me?" She added.

I did guess that that might be what she was getting at when she asked me that question, but hearing it from her still made my heart beat fast and my happiness jump through the roof.

"Do.. Do you mean it? I don't want to annoy you..." Even though I was happy I still asked hesitatingly.

"Yes, I'm sure, the place here is a bit small but not by that much, I can also speak with the landlord, there are other bigger apartments around here, we can move to them if you want to." It was clear that Judy thought quite a bit about that from how she explained excitedly.

"Then... Alright, I will be staying with you from now on I think..." I said with an embarrassed smile, trying to hide my happiness and excitement. Before I added:

"But we will have to share the rent." I wasn't going to accept anything else apart from that.

The rest of the night was spent talking about us living together and what we might need and other subjects before we finally fall asleep next to each other.

The next day, we woke up and headed to the station after having breakfast and getting ready.

This time as last time Judy followed me there, but unlike last time she didn't leave after I made it there, not that I asked her to. I wasn't going to get her to leave anyway, I was better than the last time, yes, but I wasn't going to push it, who knows how it would turn if I was left alone with my thoughts.

"How are you feeling?" A hand was put on mine while I was lost on thoughts.

"I'm good, a bit nervous only," I said jokingly.

I mean I was a bit nervous, but it wasn't anything intolerable, and I still had the heart to joke around.

"Good, and don't worry, everything will be alright, your parents are just as excited and nervous about this as you are." She told me.

I knew that actually, I had been in close contact with my parents all these few days after all and truly, they were just as excited and nervous over this, and it made me a bit calm knowing that they were like that.

"Yeah, I know." I smiled.

We waited for a while longer, just chit-chatting about random stuff and passing time till the bus finally arrived.

I stood up and as I did my heart started beating faster and faster, just as I started panicking a bit, I felt the now familiar feeling of a soft, warm hand held mine, calming me down a bit.

"Don't worry, take deep breaths and don't overthink, everything will be alright..." She whispered to me gently.

The more she spoke the more my heart calmed down and the more I relaxed.

"I'm.. I'm alright now, thank you." I said after a bit while releasing a deep breath.

"There's no need to thank me, what's important is that you're alright." She smiled at me.

After that we headed towards the bus, standing next to it, I turned to Judy who gave me an encouraging smile and nod.

I nodded to her before taking a small step and putting my arms around her, bringing her to a tight embrace.

Judy was surprised for a bit, but she soon returned it with one of her own and held me close.

We stayed like that for a bit before I had to step away.

"Take care of yourself and be sure to call me a lot, ok?" She said.

"Yup, same to you." I smiled.

"Yeah, don't worry." 

"Then... See you later Judy... I will miss you." I said quietly.

".. I will too.." She said, her voice breaking a bit and her eyes a bit watery.

Seeing her like that, I couldn't control my self, I too felt my eyes turn watery and a lump on my throat.

And just like that, with both of us crying, I went home.

5