Chapter 3 The Road Ahead
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A expense looking carriage covered in black paint was driving forward in heavy rain, as people passed by they noticed flicker of a candle within. Inside the carriage sat Zark reading a book on different races, the book was made by one of leading military commanders during the hight of the UTZ Union. "Why do they have to rename things so much, can't they not change the names of the creatures every decade?" The driver of the carriage heard his muttering and simply chose to ignore the weird young scholar. Zark knew he was going to get a 'castle' at his new territory, in reality it was just a old military base made from anything. Some bases were made into mountain sides using mud walls, others were simple villages renamed. He knew that in his area he had a population but no people, officially non humans can't be recognized as people. This leads to many weird situations, sometimes a racial fight will break out with humans and the non humans. Sometimes at worst it can go into full scale revolt, either they simply call in the military to genocide the non humans or somehow end it with dialogue. Zark heard reports from others that the wasteland areas were known to hold vast amounts of non humans with very few humans, the only reason there were no issues with that status quo is the slow method the Federation used. They used a method of total information control to ensure that the populace of the world only knew half of everything, for instance it was reported that in the inner regions of the Federation the non human are non existent. This was simply false in every way, they were there but in the slums waiting to killed for the peoples entertainment. Somehow the Federation created lies that if the non humans follow every rule they will be set free, everyone turned a blind eye to non humans plea for help. Every time a non human learns the harsh truth about the extermination plan they try to cause a revolt, it only end in genocide of the non human populace in the city to ensure the lie is spread as a truth. They even sometimes will take them out of the slums and put them in high positions for a year to show it is possible to win but it is all just propaganda, this is where a certain issue begins. The one not in the city see through the propaganda too easily, so they are met extermination upon notice of their existence. So even tho the war is over there still is battle being fought  daily everywhere outside the cities, even more so in the areas far out. Zark knew at least this much from the academy, they trained all their students with modern info so they are not left in the dark when they leave the academy. The academy was shut down because they didn't follow regulations with information, they didn't burn all the books on non humans instead made them mandatory to read for their students, they didn't destroy old maps to censor the old world's former borders, and most importantly of all they didn't teach their student to kill every non human on site. Yes the student were obviously cold blooded to non humans but far less then members of the military and especially the city people who stoned them to death for fun. Zark was perhaps the only one who didn't care about these matters, he only cared for the money involved in it all. He associated with the people who hunted down non humans just to make more money and when that succeeded he went and started opening stores of every kind. Eventually his greed in the city got him on the bad side of enough people, he had to slowly stop the business life and go deeper into academism.  Sitting in his carriage Zark was wondering if his latest plan will turn out well, sell all his investments and become a landed noble with high title. The current title was Baron but that can change easily with the sign of a pen. He bet everything on this, there was no turning back. He got his father who was a fellow merchant to get in contact with a high ranking federation official, in exchange for all his investments he made during his time at the academy he will become a landed noble. The land for his title was a waste land in everyone eyes, it was located in a region known for having few if any humans and was covered in hostile groups. His plan was to become a noble who owns not just part of the region but the entire region, while everyone else hid from these hostile places he chose to charge in. In almost everyone's eyes he was near suicidal, a human going into a hostile region with no army and only a carriage. Zark sat at bench in the carriage wondering if he find enough info on non humans in this small collection of old books, his plans all hinged on these old books.

0