Chapter 7: Introductions
50 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I saw the car pulling up to the front entrance.

She must be here.

Like I expected, a maid came over to announce her arrival. I started walking towards my mother, and she took my hand as we descended down the stairs.

When I reached the bottom, the first thing I noticed was her subdued green hair. It was reminiscent of green tea, similar to my  current father's hair, but with a different shade. It's funny how hair color can indicate if people are related. This world is peculiar in way, reminded me of those anime shows where only the protagonist has normal-colored hair. 

"Oh, Mariah. It's been such a long time since we last met. You've grown into such a beautiful lady," Lucila said warmly

"Thank you, Aunt Lucila. Is this little Anna?"  Mariah asked looking at me.

I smiled gently at her and nodded my head.

"Nice to meet you too Anna, I'm Mariah," she greeted me with a kind smile.

"Now, Mariah why don't we change location. For today, class will be held in the recreational room, but later on, we'll have a dedicated room set up for the two of you" - Lucila informed us

Mariah nodded in agreement and followed along to a separate building. 

***Recreational Room***

The recreational room was situated east of the main building, within the sports complex. To ensure our safety, all activities were conducted inside the mansion. As a result, I never really had the chance to explore the outside world. 

"Now that we're here, I'll be heading out so the two of you can start getting to know each other.  Today's class will be short, but if you two feel like you want more time, just tell let us know" Lucila said before stepping away. 

"Okay. I'm sure Anna and I will have a fun time today," Mariah reassured.

As mother walked away, I noticed that we weren't completely alone as there was someone posted outside the room. 

Sigh

How overprotective they are. 

"Well, I'm Mariah and I'll be your tutor," she introduced herself.

"Hellwo! I'm Anna," I responded cheerfully.

"Now let's get this class started,"  Mariah said with enthusiasm.

As soon as she said that, she pulled out wooden blocks and stickers from her bag. From there she instructed me to start arranging the different blocks by shape and as a reward, I was promised the stickers. 

This is a easy task 

I quickly finished arranging the blocks and looked up for her reaction. It seemed like I had completed the task too quickly, as she wore a surprised expression.

"Wow, you arranged them faster than I thought. I guess I'll have to change my plans," Mariah commented, pulling out a piece of paper with a list of activities for the day.

"Since you already know your shapes, I'm assuming you know other things. Anna, do you know the colors?" she asked. 

"I...um...I like to draw rainbows," I responded. 

"Great! Well, I have a coloring book and crayons for you to use," Mariah said, handing them to me. 

Hmm, it seems that I should hold back to match up to the skill level of my age. 

With that in mind, I started coloring, deliberately making some mistakes like crossing over the line. 

It seems that I made the right decision. We continued with a few more arts and crafts activities until my mother returned, saying that our time was up.

As our tutoring session came to our end, I couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement bubbling within me. This is just the beginning of my plan to slowly reveal my true academic prowess. I knew there was so much more I could accomplish, and with each passing session, I would inch closer to my goal. 

As I bid Mariah farewell for the day, I couldn't wait for our next session. Little did Mariah know, she was about to be my cover so I could slowly reveal myself. From the innocent sweet child people view me as to the quietly determined prodigy destined to surpass all expectations. In my previous existence, there were many things I couldn't fully embrace - knowledge, hobbies, and the simple joys of childhood. But know, I yearned to immerse myself in the wonders of this world. 

***Author's Note***

Sorry for the late update. I actually had the draft all ready months ago. However with school and life, I was kept busy. Another thing to note is that my writing style did change once again. I got feedback concerning how I wrote the dialogue in previous chapters and decided to change it. 

In addition, as I came back to the draft, I realized how much mistakes were in it. Don't worry since this time, I'm not publishing things right before sleeping on my phone this time. I'm making sure to check my writing from now on. 

Also for good news, school is gonna be over in 2 weeks for me so expect more frequent updates during summer. 

2