[Vol.1.GodsOfAnotherWorld]Ch.08.First Night
2.7k 10 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After dinner was over, Nike retired to organize the night guard, as for Freya, using the strange argument that every woman has to prepare some things before going to bed, she retired.

Giving little importance to Freya's strange pretext, Raven retired to his own tent.

Raven's personal tent was a little smaller compared to the officers' tent, but its interior made him doubt whether it was really inside a tent. The interior floor was covered with beautiful carpets stamped with swords and shields. Numerous silver lamps provide illumination to the place with a warm magical light.

In the middle of the tent there was a huge wooden bed that looked like it had been taken from a fairy tale. While a small but luxurious wooden table, accompanied by two beautiful chairs, it gave the place a very different appearance to that expected of a simple tent.

Looking inside the tent, Raven let out a slight sigh as he shook his head slightly, those ostentatious furniture and luxurious decorations had been designed by him.

As with the General Class NPCs, players had design freedom with respect to several other things in the game. As long as they had the materials and design tools, which certainly weren't free, players could customize their own war flags, as well as the more mundane aspects of their castles and cities.

For someone who spent most of his days inside the game as Raven, that aspect served as a distraction as he waited for the opportunity to make an attack.

“Who would have thought I'd end up using this?” –one theme was to have created all that as a hobby, and another was to be forced to use such extravagant objects.

With no better options, Raven took off his clothes as he would have done in the real world, without convenient menus or team shortcuts. Taking off his flashy boots, as well as the rest of his team, no warning message appeared in his vision.

“I'm definitely not in CO...” –finally, being alone and not having to stick to a role, Raven felt the weight of his circumstances.

The possibility of being inside the game had already been totally discarded from his mind. The quality of the realism surrounding him was simply impossible for the VRID.

Although the idea of being in a dream seemed impossible due to VRID security measures, it could not be ruled out that the device had failed and would not have tried to wake Raven as soon as he fell asleep waiting for the data transfer. This was the most feasible possibility in Raven's mind, however, as time passed it began to become a deficient possibility.

How long can a dream last?

Wasn't this a dream too realistic?

In addition, dreams are usually based on information from reality. However, the names of cities, towns, gods and kingdoms that Raven had heard seemed unrelated to reality.

If this is not a dream... then...' –as he lay on the bed, Raven felt a chill run through his body when two new possibilities arose in his mind. Both possibilities were absurd, but wasn't all that was happening around him absurd?

Transported to another world under the skin of Raven Magnus and accompanied by his two NPC Generals and their starting army, this was the first absurd possibility that arose in Raven's mind. There were books and movies whose plot revolved around an event like this, yet they were fiction.

The second possibility that came to his mind almost stopped his heartbeat.

If the NPCs had ceased to be simple I.A. and could now be considered living beings, in that case, taking Nike and Freya as an example, who which would adopt their BIOs as an absolute reality, then he was simply another NPC that had come to life and whose memories and personality were information copied from the mind of a real person?

In a way that Raven himself could not explain, the second possibility was the one that most disturbed him.

In an unknown world and in a body that he didn't know if it was real or not. Until a few minutes ago, Raven hadn't even had a little time to think about his current situation. Being the constant center of attention for Freya, Nike and the rest of the NPCs, he had been forced to take the role of Raven Magnus.

“This body...” –Raven observed his own hands trying to determine if his body was real or not.

Raven could feel the air coming in and out of his lungs, he could also feel and hear his heartbeat. There was no doubt about it, that body was alive, but it was not an ordinary human body.

According to the memories about his body, or perhaps; about the real body of the human from which his memories had been copied, the physical condition of his present body, as well as his motor skills; they were very superior. The only possible comparison Raven could make was how to be in one of those exoskeletons that were usually used for heavy work, but without the uncomfortable sensation of being covered with plastic and metal.

In addition, his present body seemed to have engraved in each of his muscles the skills as proper handling of a sword and as well as handling a horse among many other things.

As for the skills of the game, in a way that could only be called "intuitive," Raven knew the steps he had to take to use them.

As for his mind, an aspect that to his displeasure seemed to reinforce the possibility that he himself was another NPC that had come to life was the complete absence of a certain psychological condition that could well be described as a curse, agoraphobia.

It was a condition caused in him by the constant harassment he had suffered during his university days and which had only intensified after graduation.

Humanity has cursed me –said Raven.

It was this curse that forced Raven into confinement.

As for the virtual environment, he was not completely free. Something like interacting directly with another human in the game caused his breathing to shake and his pulse to increase, the VRID detected these anomalies and performed an emergency shutdown.

Because of this condition, Raven only interacted with other people in forums and through old writing chat systems. Such peculiarity in one of the only 13 active players of Conquest Online, caused many rumors in the network.

Raven Magnus is not a person, he is an advanced artificial intelligence –there were those who said something like that, and as absurd as it may seem, given Raven's efficiency and capacity that had forced the other twelve players to form alliances to contain him, many were the ones who believed it.

However, Raven did not currently have the symptoms of such a condition; he could interact perfectly with others. Therefore, in the absence of such a notorious condition, it was inevitable that he thought that such a problem had been removed from the data copied from a supposed original Raven in a premeditated manner.

Was he the real Raven, or was he really just another NPC in whose mind the memories of an original Raven had been copied?

As he thought about it all, Raven closed his eyes and his consciousness faded for a few minutes.

"Nii-sama! Nii-sama!"

"What happens Freya?"

In the depths of sleep, Raven was forced to open his eyes when he heard Freya's voice and felt a slight weight on his body.

When he opened his eyes, Raven was completely surprised to see Freya sitting on him. Much of Freya's soft, pale skin was exposed and only a little of it was covered by sensual black lingerie.

"You're so cruel for have slept without playing with me, Nii-sama "

As she said those words, Freya swelled her cheeks with disgust.

"What do you mean? But before that, what are you doing here? "

Raven was really confused, until a few minutes ago he was asleep and now he had a beautiful girl dressed in provocative lingerie sitting on their waist.

"Nii-sama is so clueless, of course I'm here to do my nightly duties."

In a provocative manner, Freya slid his fingers over Raven's bare chest and brought his face closer to Raven's face.

"Wait Freya, we're siblings, remember?"

"Nii-sama is so cute when he gets shy!"

"T-this is no time for jokes"

"Who's kidding? I love Nii-sama and I'll become his wife, it's very natural to play lovers"

Before Raven could make another objection, Freya sealed his lips with a passionate and deep kiss.

Boldly, Freya's small, wet tongue made its way into Raven's mouth. Raven's mind went blank when a warm pleasant sensation of pleasure that he had never experienced before flooded his body.

"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, Raven-sama."

Nike's voice made Raven's mind work again, yet whether by the will of his own body or Freya's passion, Raven was unable to free himself.

"Freya-sama what is he doing?" –Nike was very surprised and somewhat angry at the scene she found as she entered Raven's tent. Without wasting any time, Nike removed Freya from Raven.

"Why are you meddling in my intimate moment with Nii-sama?! What are you trying to do, Nike?!"

"That's what I should ask! Freya-sama, why  aren't you in your own tent?!"

"Hey! What nonsense are you talking? Nii-sama's arms are my only bed!"

As Freya and Nike engaged in an intense discussion, Raven was trying to recover from the great shock of that kiss; this was his first kiss after all.

"My duty is to stand beside Raven-sama at all times!"

"You are only trying to seduce Nii-sama!"

Freya stripped Nike of the white robe she wore, revealing a set of white lingerie.

"Th-this is just my pajamas! B-but... if Raven-sama wants it, I..."

With her face visibly red, Nike offered a bad excuse for her daring attire.

Thus, with Raven completely stunned by what happened with Freya, and by Nike's bold attire and clear intentions, the discussion between Freya and Nike lasted until Raven did not remember how he ended up with Freya sleeping on his right arm and Nike on his left arm.

The first night in a strange world was not an easy one for Raven; however, to his fortune or misfortune, the night did not seem so long.

38