Chapter 1: A Normal Day
175 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi, all! this is my 1st attempt at writing a novel. Writing is one of my newfound hobbies to pass time. You see, I've always been interested in the isekai genre ever since it gets popularized in LN, mangas, and animes, and I have so many ideas in this head of mine and decided to write a novel for the very first time. Surprisingly, I don't read that much but I like writing.

Psychological and Fantasy are my two favorite genres in a story, I think the idea of exploring the human psyche is an interesting thing, so I made the MC a tortured soul who wants to find his inner self.

The names that the MC and his childhood friend I used are from my country, I was a little bit confused making that decision because Japan is the one that created the isekai genre and a lot of isekai based LN, mangas, and animes usually have a Japanese name and sometimes English and American names. I'd totally use a Japanese background for the characters but I'm not an expert with Japanese cultures and I'm afraid that I'll get something wrong, so I compensated by using my country's background for my characters :p

On a side note, I apologize if some of the wording is a bit weird, English is not my first language and I'm still studying it to further improve my grammar and dictionary skills :)

Criticism is very much welcomed and appreciated y'all!

 

   There is nothing I hate more, than getting up from bed in the morning, getting off my bed, went to the bathroom, brushing my teeth, then take a bath. This is the course that I do for over 12 years, repeated over and over again. You know, it’s like insanity, doing the same thing over and over until you get a different result, but guess what? It’s still the same.

 

   After I finished my daily routine, I then wore my uniform and check my backpack.

“Diaaaan! Hurry up and eat!” Shout my mother angrily.

“Yes, Moom!”

   I sprinted to the dining room with vigor.

“Sheesh! What took you so long?!” Said my Mother while prepping breakfast on the dining room table.

“Well, sorry mom, I was just searching for my math book…”

   My mother may sound scary, but she’s a very caring person. Even when I’m in a difficult situation, mom took her time to assure myself, making sure that everything is okay with me.

“Mika’s already waiting for you at the front door, you know.”

“What?! She’s waiting?! This is bad!” I said as my movement quickens.

   The person my mother mentioned, Mika. I called her by the nickname, Ika is my next-door neighbor. We’ve played together ever since we were little, we even went to school together, from kindergarten till today. She’s my best friend. Ika reached the red belt in the Pencak silat martial art because she’s trained since she was 12 years old. I also get saved a lot by Ika whenever a bully tries to pester me at school.

   I then ate my breakfast in a hurry, trying to finish it in less than a minute.

“I’ll excuse myself mom! Mika will be furious if she waits any longer!” I said as I struggle to fix my attire.

“Hooo? Play safe, ok, Dian, hehehe.” My mom said, wearing an amused expression.

“Wha- what do you mean by that, mom?!”

“Oh, nevermind, it’s nothing. You may want to hurry up though, your girlfriend is waiting.” Said my mom with a satisfied look on her face.

“Mooom! Mika is NOT my girlfriend!”

   I then sprinted to the front door, when I open the door, I saw an annoyed Mika, crossing both of her arms while tapping her feet to the ground.

“DIAAAAN!” Mika yelled on top of her lungs, even nearby pedestrians looked at our direction, wearing both terror and surprised expression on their faces.

“I- I’m sorry Mika! Please forgive me!” I said as I immediately bow my head over and over to beg for mercy.

   Mika then berated me with some verbal abuse. She’s a pretty brutal person if she gets mad. I once heard a rumor that even scary thugs fear her when she unleashes her killer technique.

“Hmph. I’ll forgive you for now… but if you make me wait again, I’ll never, ever forgive you, okay!” Mika said with a pout, blushing slightly.

“Thank goodness I didn’t get slapped…” I whispered in relief.

“What was that? You want to get slapped?” Mika said, preparing her mountain shattering slap.

“No! That’s not what I meant! Forgive meeee!”

   After the crisis was averted, Mika and I walked on foot to school. We didn’t use a bike because there is this one time where we got stuck in traffic for 2 1/2 hours and got late to school, traffic happened 90% of the time we try to go to school. Safe to say that I don’t EVER want to use bikes to school ever again.

   After an exhausting run to school, we finally reached the front gate of the school, still open and we’re seconds away from being late.

“Haa… haa… we made it…” Mika said as she catches her breath.

“Yeah… what a miracle…”

“I wonder whose fault was it that I’m already running out of breath first thing in the morning…” Mika said as she sharply stares at me.

“I um… I said I was sorry…”

“Hmph! Not to mention P.E is my first period of today.” Mika said as she pouts and looks a little bit annoyed.

“I- I'll make it up to you! How about a pudding..?”

   Mika paused for a while.

“… Fine…”

   She then looks at her watch.

“Oh, crap! P.E is about to start! I’ll see you at the usual place, Dian!” Mika said, then she sprints towards her class.

“…”

   I guess I’ll have to survive school again today…

Time Skip: Afterschool

   Sigh… that was pretty rough… I think the Science teacher had a bad day…

   As I head to the usual place where Mika and I usually meet after school, I saw her and a couple of other girls talking to each other and seems like they’re having fun, I felt a little nervous and considered walking home alone, not wanting to disturb Mika’s time with her friends.

   Mika then noticed me from a distance and talked to her other friends, I saw her getting embarrassed towards her friends and then she quickly walked to me with her red face.

“H- Hey, Ika…”

“L- Let’s go already! Geez, you took longer than I expected, you slowpoke…” Mika said as she pulls me while she hid her red face.

“S- Sorry… the Science teacher made us experiment… twice…”

   As we exit the school gate, she then unhands me and then we walked normally on our way home.

“…”

“…”

“You didn’t forget, right?” Mika asked.

“Forget..? forget what?”

“The pudding, dummy!” Mika said, looking annoyed.

“O- Oh yeah! Of course, I remember that!”

“You really want me to hold a grudge against you, huh?” Mika said as she cracks her knuckles and unleashes her dreadful aura.

“Eeek! Sorry, I’m sorry, Ika!” I said as I beg for forgiveness to Mika.

“Geez…” Mika sighed as she crosses her arms and looks away from me.

   Things went silent as we continue to walk towards our own homes, I thought that Mika is probably still angry at me and I don’t want to talk to her fearing that it’ll make things worse, but I noticed that she is glancing at me intently, making me a little bit nervous and pretend that I didn’t notice her glancing at me.

“Hey, Dian,” Mika called.

“W- What is it Ika?”

“What do you think of… me?” Mika asked as she looks down at the ground, blushing faintly.

   What? What do I think of her? I’m surprised she even ask that. She behaves like a tomboy… her appearance is also the same. Hair as long as her neck, a bob cut hairstyle, jacket tied to her waist, and the top button of her uniform is… opened…

“I don’t think there is any difference..? you are still you,”

“N- Not that, you dummy! I- I mean… my appearance… do I look… different..?” Mika said, her face looked away from me as her entire face reddens.

   When I look at her again… she actually looks pretty different. Her face looks a little bit cuter, her height is the same as my shoulder… is this really the Mika I know since we were little..?

   When I think about it, my face reddens as well. I’m also reluctant to look at her eye-to-eye… what am I supposed to answer her?!

“Dian..?” Says Mika, beckoning me with her now sweet and gentle voice.

“M- Mika! I-“

BOOM

   Before I get a chance to finish my sentence, a big, white, shining ring appeared below the two of us, followed by a loud explosion-like sound.

“Wha- what is this?!” I say in a panic.

“Huh?! Diaaan!” Shout Mika, scared, and desperately tried to grab my hand.

“MIKAA!” I shout back at her, trying my hardest to grasp her hand, but my sight started to fade away, and all I can see, is darkness.

3