Chapter 10: Village
58 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   She said we’re close to the village, but… It’s been about 2 minutes and we’re still in this forest… are we lost..?

“Hehe! Don’t worry, Dian! Just a little bit further.” Garcia said with a warm smile on her face.

“O- okay…”

   After a couple of walks, I saw a forest clearing ahead of us, shining brightly from the sunshine.

“Ah! Here we are!”

   Garcia started to sprint towards the clearing with a happy expression on her face.

   We’re near the clearing and finally got out of the forest.

“!!!”

   Whoa…

   I see a small village with a scenic view of nature. Old farmers are hoeing the soil, little kids playing together, and an old lady sitting on a wooden chair in front of an old brick house. 

   There are not many people here… well, that’s to be expected of a small village…

   I saw an old man chopping a log and he noticed us coming out of the forest. The old man suddenly abandoned his hatchet and hastily ran towards us.

“GARCIA! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN TO?!” Yelled the old man as he puts both of his hands on Garcia’s shoulders.

“I-… I’m sorry… dad… I went too far and...” Garcia said with a guilty look on her face and on the verge of tears.

“You…” Said the old man as he looks down.

   The old man unexpectedly hugged Garcia passionately with tears running from both of his eyes.

“!!! Dad…” Garcia said with a surprised look on her face.

“More importantly… you’re safe… I don’t want to lose my most valuable treasure…”

“Dad… dad, I’m sorry…” Garcia said as she hugged her father back with tears coming out from her eyes.

“…”

   Is this what it feels with a father like this in your life..? the only one I have in my life is only Mika and… mom… I hope everything’s fine over there, mom…. I’m perfectly fine, you don’t need to worry about me…

   Garcia’s father took notice of me and seconds later, he stopped hugging Garcia and wiped his tears, then he walked towards me.

“Now then, Who might you be?” He asked as he stared at me intimidatingly.

   Garcia’s father stared me down, he’s a lot bigger and taller than me.

   If he decides to punch me, I’m sure my head will turn 180 degrees…

   Garcia ran towards me and then stand in front of me.

“D- dad! He saved me from a goblin attack! Please!” Garcia yelled angrily.

“Oh..? is that so..?” He said with an impressed face.

“Pardon my rudeness… I was so worried about what happened… I…” He said with a guilty look on his face as he bowed his head apologetically.

 “Ah! You don’t have to apologize! It’s all good! Really!”

“But still… I act horribly towards a person that saved my sweet daughter, the least I have to do is to apologize. If you didn’t save her, I’d have lost Garcia…”

“Dad…” Garcia said, wearing a sad face.

“… alright, I accept your pardon. Please raise your head…”

   Garcia’s father raised his head and then reached his hand to me, asking for a handshake.

“My name is Garren, Garren Stein. The head of this small Milton Village, and Garcia’s father. What’s your name, O’ savior?” Garren said with a friendly face.

   I reached my hand, returning a handshake with Garren.

“My name is Dian, Dian Subagja. Nice to meet you, sir Garren.”

“Hahaha! Drop the formalities, son, just call me Garren.” He said with a big smile.

“Hehe… I’m glad things are settled peacefully.” Garcia said with a warm smile and a blush towards me.

   Her smile is so wonderful…

“Hehehe… OUCH!”

   I felt unrivaled pressure from the handshake, then I see Garren smiling at me with a killing intent behind his kind look.

   I- Is Garren trying to tell me something?!

“Oops! My bad, I was just measuring your strength! You’re pretty weak for someone that saved my daughter from a goblin attack, huh? Haha!” Garren said with a laugh and a wide smile.

“Daaaad! Don’t mock him! At least he saved me!” Garcia said with a pout and an angry look on her face

   Garren unhands the handshake.

“Ouch ouch ouch…”

   Garcia quickly tends to my crushed hand.

   Holy arm grip… I thought my hand was done for…

“Hahaha! That’s not what I mean! Even if you’re not that strong, you managed to kill a creature such as a Goblin! I’m impressed more than anything!”

   Am I really that weak..? then again… I am fatigued as hell…

   Garren puts his hand on my shoulder.

“I don’t know how I should repay your deeds. Come to our house, we’ll talk about your reward.”

“I- I…”

   Do I really deserve to be rewarded..? even if I refuse the reward and continue my search, I’m sure I’ll blackout with this fatigue I’m having… I should really be careful with my Mana usage in the future. I’m in luck that I was offered rest in Garcia’s house.

   And importantly, the “reward” that Garren said… to be honest, I don’t want to be repaid, but It’s a loss too because I really don’t have anything of value in this world… I hope the reward that Garren offer is money. I don’t even know the currency in this world… the shape, value, and all other important things of the currency… I’m pretty sure the money I have doesn’t have value here…

“I’ll accept… and I’m really worn out… thank you…”

   I’m getting a bit dazzled by this heat…

“Very well. Come, you should take a rest first, you look like you’re about to pass out at any point now, Haha!” Garren said with a laugh as he points me to his house.

   Garren heads to his house ahead of me and Garcia.

   Garcia then unexpectedly hugged me with the happiest expression.

“Yes! Thank goodness, Adam!” Garcia shouts as she continued to hug me.

   W- Wha- What?! Why is she suddenly-

“A- Adam..? who’s Adam?”

“Oh! Umm, forget I said anything! Let’s go to the house, Dian! You’re tired, right?” Garcia said clumsily with a face that reddens by the second as she let go of the hug.

“O- okay..?”

   What was that..? I was shocked when she did that so suddenly, also… who’s Adam?

   Garcia then shyly held me by the hand and leads me to her house.

“C- come on already!” Garcia said with a brimming red face.

“Ah! Okay, okay!”

   Maybe she mistook me for someone else..? 

0