Side Chapter 2: Origin
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   The Goddess shrunk to the size of a human and began walking closer to me, I could feel the warmth and comfort each time she took a step closer to me.

“Salutations, Mika, Hero from another world. I am the Goddess of Light, Qydona. The one who summoned you.”

 

   Whoa… she’s so beautiful… covered in this light aura-like veil all over her body.

“Hehehe… Thank you for the compliment, Hero.”

 

“Y- you can read my mind?!”

“Of course, I’m a deity after all.”

 

“Oh… right…”

   Why am I even surprised? This is a fantasy world after all, duh…

“As you’ve heard from my followers, our world is in great peril once more. The Demon Lord that the 2nd Hero, Jack slain has risen once again, planning to cause calamity upon our peaceful world. O’ Great and powerful Hero, would you kindly aid us to fight against them?”

 

“… I…”

   I want to help them… but… can I really do it? I- I only know martial arts and I’m nowhere near an expert at it…

“Not to worry, Mika the Hero, I shall bestow you strength and wisdom for your upcoming clash against those horrible demons.”

   The Goddess began lifting the light orb she’s holding. The orb then shines and shoots out a beam of light upwards and moments later the beam came down and basking me in it. I felt a surge of power as the beam of light continuously basked me in it. A short while has passed and the orb cuts the stream of light.

   Whoa… that was awesome..! and… my body feels lighter…

“With the power that I’ve bestowed onto you, no mortal will ever contest your strength and willpower. One more thing.”

 

   The Goddess closed her eyes and started concentrating with both of her hands, slowly gathering light from around the place, creating a sword. The sword’s smooth and sharp blade is emitting light as it is covered with a light aura, the hilt is colored white with a lion symbol engraved into it.

“This is the Lightbringer, a sword most suited for a brave and courageous hero such as you.” The goddess said as she gave me the sword.

 

   I took the sword that the Goddess created. The handle feels comfortable to grip and I feel the same warmth when I feel it with my hands.

“This is amazing and all, but… I don’t know how to use a sword…”

   The only ones that I have familiarity with are daggers and staves, not to mention I practice using them only for the artistic value of my martial art…

“Need not worry about that, the power that I’ve bestowed into you also includes the previous heroes’ techniques and arts. You will soon remember all of their battle styles in combat.”

 

“Really..? that’s insane.”

“Now that my deed is done, do you have any questions you wanted to ask?”  

          

   Ask… oh yeah! Dian!

“Y- Yes! You are the one who summoned me here, right? Do you know where my childhood friend is?!”

   The goddess looks a bit puzzled as soon as I asked that.

“My apologies, Hero. I don’t know what you mean. The only one I summoned to is your brave soul and no one else from your world.”

 

“W- What?! B- but… he was beside me when we walked home! There was a light circle on the ground below us and I don’t know what happened to him!”

“Calm yourself, Hero. It was not my doing to drag your friend into this world. What do you last see of him before you got summoned onto this world?”

 

“I saw him lifted from the ground… and there was this purple mist surrounding him, devouring him as I tried my hardest to reach his hands…”

   The goddess was in shock and dreaded soon after what I said, pausing for a moment as she mutters to herself.

“Purple mist..? it cannot be… we already caged him, how is it possible..?”

 

“I- is something the matter, Goddess Qydona?”

“The purple mist… is the sign of the God of Void, Kh’Thazal… but how…”

 

“God of Void..? wh- what is that?! Tell me!”

“… you deserve to know, Hero…”

 

   At the beginning age of this world, there are but 4 Gods and Goddesses. The Goddess of life, Ordea, God of Night/Darkness, Yvmos, Goddess of Light, Qydona, and finally the God of Void, Kh’Thazal. Each God and Goddesses have their duties with their forming of the world of Gaia.

   The Goddess of Life creates all living beings and breathes life onto Gaia, forming lands, oceans, and mountains across the world, The God of Night creates the dark and controls the moon, The Goddess of Light shines light upon the world and controls the world’s sun, and finally, the calamitous God of Void, Kh’Thazal creates chaos and havoc upon the world and is destined to erase Gaia, turning it into nothingness.

   The primordial age of Gaia, the world was littered with The God of Void’s monstrous creatures that he formed, creating catastrophic beasts such as The Black-Scaled Dragon, The World Devourer Leviathan, and The Gargantuant Mountain Lizard.

   Delco, the man who was chosen as a Hero by the Goddess of Light upon his birth. The 1st Hero managed to take down Kh’Thazal’s catastrophic creations all by himself. The other Gods and Goddesses were well aware of The God of Void’s calamitous acts and caged him, leaving him in the plane of nothingness for eternity, keeping him away from world destruction.

“… and to think that there was a purple mist by the time I summoned you…”

 

  T- That’s ridiculous…

“So, what you’re saying is…”

“I’m afraid your friend is also sucked into this world without my knowledge… by the God of Void…”

 

   N- No…

“W- We’ve got to find him then! W- who knows what that God will try to do to him!”

“You’ll have to postpone your training for the invasion… finding your friend is now your current objective, Mika. Close your eyes and I shall transport you back to the castle.”

 

   I soon closed my eyes again, my mind was filled with flashes of him throughout my life.

   Dian… oh god… please let nothing horrible happen to you…

  

 

 

 

   I soon opened my eyes and I’m back in the castle, now holding the sword that the Goddess created in my hands, my body is covered with a faint light.  The room soon filled with chatters as the Bishop wears a joyous expression on his face.

   I’ve got to tell everyone about this!

“So a new Hero has been blessed by the Goddess, the world shall-“

“Bishop! Change of plans. The Goddess ordered me to find my lost friend.” I said as I sheathe the sword in a scabbard beside my belt.

   The room suddenly goes quiet with all the people looking puzzled after hearing what I said.

“W- What?! What happened? What did you converse with the Goddess?!”

“There’s no time to explain! Prepare a horse, I’ll find him myself if I have to!” I said as I hastily make my way towards the exit.

   I almost lost you once..! I don’t want to lose you again!

“L- Lady Mika, wait!” Anderson said as he stood in my way out of the room.

“Out of the way, Anderson! I have to go and find him, please!”

   If I don’t… he’ll-

“Hero! Heed my word for a while..!” Said the Bishop as he catches up and stood in front of me. “King Arge has ordered us to provide you with everything that you need… we don’t know what you and the Goddess conversed, but if it’s an emergency, we are willing to help.”

“Okay, so give me a horse then! We have to find him!”

“W- We were planning to provide you with our best soldiers in a party, we have the protege of the 2nd Hero’s Wizard party member who can use a teleportation spell to towns everywhere in this world. I’d say it’s better than riding a horse!” Anderson said.

“Teleportation..? that kind of magic exists here?”

“Yes! I- I'll gather all of your party members, Lady Mika, so don’t charge ahead yet!”

   Anderson then hurriedly went on his way to gather all of my party members, I decided to wait in my room, overwhelmed by the unexpected turn of events that just happened.

   God… why did all of this happen… out of all people why me and Dian… we are just highschoolers, 2 normal highschoolers… on our way… *sniff* back home… why is it when it’s the moment where I confessed to that *sniff* dense idiot… not fair…

 

   Why is his stupid voice in my head..?

 

 

   Shut up… you moron… you’d be crying too…

 

 

   Dian… I’m lonely… I’m scared… I don’t like it here… I just want to be with you… hold me…

Knock Knock

 

“Lady Mika… are you in there..? I’ve gathered your party members.”

“Y- Yeah..! *sniff*, I’ll be there in a moment!”

   Why am I even crying..? come on… he’ll be fine, right..? nothing will happen to him, right..? he can run away really fast… so there is nothing that I should be worried about…

   I take a deep breath and trying to relax, I soon stood up and walked to a mirror in my room and I saw myself, with tears streaming down my face and with an upset look on my face.

   I look horrible… all of this just because I’m worrying so much about that dummy… I know he’s probably fine… but my feelings are saying otherwise…

 

 

 

   You always say that when we were kids whenever I’m having a bad day…

   I wiped my tears from my face as I put up a smile on my face.

   *sniff*… yeah… you’re right… I do look better with a smile on my face, Dian. I shouldn’t worry too much about this. I know that I’ll find you, so you just wait!

0