Chapter 82
2.7k 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 82: Qilang cut his sleeves?* What do we do?

T/N: 'cut sleeve' = gay

When Wang Qilang's fleet appeared outside Nan Yang City's gate, the soldiers guarding the city were stunned.

It took a long time before a captain came out of the city gate and exclaimed to the Wang family's servant, "May you allow us to see Wang Qilang?"

As he spoke, whoosh, hundreds of heads leaned in and watched.

Wang Hong opened his carriage's curtain.

He smiled, calling out as clear as the wind, and as bright as the moon, "It's me."

As soon as the two words were uttered, there was a burst of shouts of ecstasy on the city wall. The captain shouted excitedly, "It's really Wang Qilang. It's Wang Qilang, open the door, open the door quickly!"

Amid his shouting, the heavy iron door began to open.

Wang Hong's carriage took the lead.

But when his carriage came to Chen Rong's, it suddenly stopped. Under everyone's view, the ecstatic and expectant eyes up and down the city wall, he called gently and affectionately to Chen Rong, "Darling, let's go."

His voice was not low.

It was enough for people near the city's gate to hear, and even if they didn't, they saw him smiling gently to the person in the carriage.

Whoosh, for a moment, all eyes turned to Chen Rong's carriage.

When they saw the Chen House's sign on the carriage, they couldn't help clamoring.

No one knew that Chen Rong had her hands twisted together. She bit her lips, flushing, seeming to be seriously ill. She depressingly whispered to Old Shang, "He did it on purpose, he must have done it on purpose."

The old man, tired, did not answer her words.

Chen Rong glared murderously in Wang Qi's direction, turned bitterly, and murmured, "Fortunately, you're not driving the carriage, otherwise, my-my reputation, not even tatters would be left of it."

The old man wearily replied, low and hoarsely, "Milady has gone through life and death with Qilang. Even if just a concubine, he will respect you."

There was approval in his tone.

Chen Rong gave Old Shang a hard look and twisted her hands. Because she was so angry, she glared at him again and turned her back to him.

The convoy began to enter the city gate.

The news that Wang Hong's fleet returned safely to Nan Yang shocked everyone. All the pedestrians on the left and right side of the street ran their way, even store owners closed shop and swarmed in. Those living in big residences also hurriedly opened their gates and shouted, "Wang Qilang is back, Wang Qilang is back!"

The words 'Wang Qilang is back' resounded through the streets.

At first, when Chen Rong saw hundreds of onlookers on both sides, she still thought of finding a chance to leave the Wang fleet when no one was there.

However, in the blink of an eye, the number of onlookers changed from hundreds to nearly a thousand.

The streets were becoming more and more congested, and footsteps kept coming from all around.

Chen Rong's face paled, her lips trembled as she shouted to Old Shang, "Old Shang, we can't leave. What do we do?" Her voice had changed, she was so anxious that she was about to cry.

Old Shang saw that she was anxious, and he murmured, "I will go down and have a look."

As soon as he was about to leave, Chen Rong grabbed his arm and shook her head again and again. "Old Shang, you can't go. Here in the Wang fleet, only you and I are outsiders. As soon as you go, I will be revealed, and my reputation will be as good as gone."

When he saw this, he hurriedly asked, "What do you want to do, milady?"

Just as he inquired, there was a burst of screams and cries of ecstasy from outside.

Chen Rong thought for a moment, then saw Old Shang, and hurriedly lowered her voice to call out, "Bring me a gauze hat."

There was a lot of noise outside, and Chen Rong's voice was not loud, no one could hear her clearly. Helplessly, she coughed and had to call again.

After a while, a servant approached. "Milady, what can I do for you?"

"Bring me a gauze hat, ask for a thick veil, for my old servant to use."

"Yes."

After a while, a gauze hat was stuffed into Chen Rong's hand.

Chen Rong took it and put it on Old Shang, earnestly telling him, "Old Shang, no matter how many people there are, you must protect this hat, don't let anyone see you."

He hoarsely replied, "Don't worry, milady."

Just then, several girls' cheers came together, screaming, "Impossible. How could Wang Qilang have a darling?"

"I don't believe it, I don't believe it."

"Let us see."

"Who is she? Yes, show us."

Amid the shouting, the mixed sound of footsteps came from all directions and surrounded Chen Rong's carriage.

Chen Rong was so scared that she almost screamed. She hurriedly turned to Old Shang and asked, "What are we going to do?"

Just then, Wang Qilang's handsome frame appeared outside Chen Rong's carriage.

Although she only saw him through the curtain, Chen Rong firmly had his physique in her heart. She clenched her teeth and glared at him. "Wang Qi is so vile. If he really stops me from marrying someone else," Chen Rong cursed with tears in her eyes. "I swear, I will haunt him. I will make it so difficult for him to live that he will never marry anyone else for the rest of his life."

She cursed quietly. Amid the screaming, yelling, cheering, it was too low.

However, as soon as her voice fell, outside the curtain, Wang Qi said, as beautiful and gentle as water. "Who is my darling chiding so angrily?"

His voice was also very low.

However, unlike the others, Wang Qi's voice was penetrating, and even in such a noisy environment, his voice reached Chen Rong's ears.

It was strange, Chen Rong looked so angry that she could have jumped and bit him, but as soon as his voice was heard, her anger was halved. A shame and vague expectation gushed in her mind.

She pressed down the emotion she should not have and was preparing to reply to him when a girl shouted, "Wang Qilang, we love and admire you. We get dizzy just from looking at you. But you said you have a 'darling' out of the blue, we can't believe it, you have to get out of the way and let us see your darling." The last word was gnashed out.

As soon as her voice fell, dozens of girls shouted, "Wang Qilang, let us meet your 'darling'!"

As they spoke, they rushed up again.

The girls' power was crazy. In the blink of an eye, more than a dozen Wang servants were shouting fervently, but their momentum continued unabated.

Chen Rong was looking eagerly at Wang Hong. Although she knew full well he would not, she still hoped he would say something. The girls would only go away if he opened his mouth.

While she was eagerly looking at him, she heard Wang Qilang sigh and order the driver to leave.

This was simply atrocious.

As soon as he left, she would be like a sheep in a tiger's mouth.

Just when Chen Rong was sweating with anxiety, several small hands climbed onto the shaft of her carriage.

There was no time to hesitate.

Chen Rong clenched her teeth and reached out, taking Wang Qilang's robe. She put it on, leaving only her eyes uncovered, aimed at Wang Qilang and jumped.

In the hustle and bustle, she jumped out of the carriage.

Her charge startled everyone, and for a moment, the Wang servants stopped, and so did the girls' rush, and even Wang Qilang, who was about to leave, turned his head and looked at her in amazement.

While they were struck dumb, Chen Rong rushed like an arrow, and in front of everyone, she flawlessly jumped into Wang Hong's carriage and rolled into Wang Hong's arms.

Chen Rong's clothed hand reached out and pulled down the carriage’s curtain.

...

The voices died out.

Even the scholars who came in a hurry, and the young onlookers, stopped talking and stared blankly.

A long time after, a girl's sobbing broke the calm.

"Wang Qilang, there are so many girls in the world, how could you learn from those people (T/N: gays) and cut your sleeves?"

As soon as her voice was heard, Wang Hong froze.

Then several more girls cried. They hoarsely said in despair, "You call a man 'darling', and give him the clothes you wear. Wang Qilang, how could you?"

"Even if all the men in the world cut their sleeve, you should not, Wang Qilang. Qilang has cut his sleeves. What are we going to do?" This was said by the girls' leader.

Her voice was so sad and desperate that it reached the hearts of all the girls around her. As soon as she said this, they burst into tears.

Outside, sobbing, all the girls began to retreat in despair.

In the carriage, Chen Rong, with her face nestled in Wang Hong's arms, could not help giggling.

Hearing her laughter, Wang Hong bent his head.

Chen Rong could not see his face, but she did not have to look at it to know that he, a talented man famous and admired all over the world, must be depressed.

While biting her lip, she chuckled, "Wang Hong, Wang Qilang, do you regret a little now? Are you upset? Lost? I warned you, but you didn't listen. Have you learned your lesson now?"

Her voice was triumphant.

As she expected, Wang Qilang remained stiff and did not refute her words for a long time.

Chen Rong was extremely proud, when Wang Hong suddenly whispered into her ear, with a bewildered lilt, "Ah Rong, I just called you ‘darling', and you're lying in my arms, holding my waist. On the battlefield, it can be said you couldn’t help it, but if you do this now, then what?"

As soon as these words arose, Chen Rong froze.

T/N: Please let me know if there are any mistakes.

6