Arc 1.3 At the Top of the World
7.3k 2 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Ou WenYan's departure, Tian Xi and Gu Yuan were left with an awkward silence. There was honestly nothing for the two to talk about, and Tian Xi was worried about her first task and wanted to ask 001 what it was all about. 

Tian Xi was just about to get up off of her stool and walk away when Gu Yuan spoke up, "Age."

Brows raised as she glanced at him with interest, Tian Xi rebutted with a snarky remark to exert her dominance, "You get minus points for asking for a woman's age before stating your own. Gu Yuan." Tian Xi winked provocatively.

Yet Gu Yuan remained stoic, "34."

"25."

Silence again.

[Host...]

"Gu Yuan." It was Tian Xi's turn to call out. Well, whatever. More points for me, I guess.

"En?" Gu Yuan's deep gaze was forever stuck on Tian Xi's flawless pair of bright brown eyes.

"You..." Tian Xi narrowed her eyes slightly as she focused her attention onto his impeccably sculpted face as she suddenly felt her body start heating up uncontrollably. She stumbled as she clutched her burning chest.

"Tian Xi!" There was a slight panic in Gu Yuan's deep voice.

'Fuck me! I been drugged! Since when!! How!!! System!!!!'

[Host. System tried to tell you just now that something was wrong.] 001 tsked.

'Bruh, why didn't you tell me when I took the drug?? Where the hell did it come from anyway??!' Tian Xi fumed, feeling wronged by the system. Wasn't he supposed to be there for the sole purpose of preventing things like ingesting poison? I'm filing a complaint about a faulty system!

[Host, sometimes events from the original plotline cannot be avoided. This gets more serious as the level of the world rises.] 001 justified himself flawlessly, shamelessly.

Gu Yuan kept an appropriate distance with his arm holding Tian Xi up against the counter. He had on an unpleasant scowl as the air was a few degrees chillier than before.

"You were drugged?"

"Mm. Seems like it. Fuck." Tian Xi smiled wryly. She actually had no intention of avoiding the drug in the original plotline at all. It's just that now that she was drugged unknowingly, there was inevitably some chaos in her mind.

[Host, the drug was in that bottle of red wine.] 001 cautioned. This was not a good thing. He could not even detect the drug at all. Why was that?

'You trying to tell me Gu Yuan drugged me?' Shit. He's a stud, but I don't know about drugged sex.

[Host, you will feel good. Drugged sex is reportedly very satisfying.] 001 chimed reassuringly, but of course, Tian Xi could only cough a mouthful blood at his offhanded remark.

"Gu Yuan, you..." Tian Xi glared at the man whose aura was now freezing with a large frown on his face as if he wanted to kill whoever had the balls to drug the beautiful and noble Tian Xi. She rolled her eyes. Keep acting, bruh. I already know you personally poured this bottle of drugged wine for me.

Actually, Tian Xi's first thought was that the bottle was originally filled with aphrodisiac by Ou WenYan. If one were to follow a normal train of thought, it could be said that Ou WenYan was the culprit and Gu Yuan accidentally ended up as the scapegoat since he just happened to appear and beat Ou WenYan to the bottle. However, because Tian Xi had the system, she was confident that even if she were drugged, she would at the very least know when and what kind of drug she was taking.

But this situation!

001 could not detect the drug at all. This led Tian Xi's thoughts to the packet of pages--the info sheet. Maybe Gu Yuan was another host who neutralized Ou WenYan's drug, then proceeded to use a nontraceable one from the system store...but that would mean that Gu Yuan already had points and was, therefore, a veteran. Fuck! Bitch! We'll see who can act until the very end, you sick bastard.

Since you dared to drug me, you will take responsibility!

"The bottle had an aphrodisiac...?" Tian Xi mumbled with heavily furrowed brows, crystal tears were hanging off of her long lashes as she enticingly bit her red lips to suppress her heated moans from escaping.

"En," Gu Yuan didn't seem to have noticed any abnormality with Tian Xi's character. He was standing ramrod straight as his two strong arms held Tian Xi, who was seated on the tall stool, against the bar counter to steady herself.

Tian Xi's body was getting hotter by the minute. At first, it was a very gradual heat. Now she could feel it rising at a noticeably faster pace as she parted her lips and couldn't stop herself from letting out a seductive moan as she panted for air. 

She glared at the empty glass in front of her as if she wanted to toss it across the room like it was her most detested enemy, then she looked aggrieved towards the cold man holding her up.

"We should leave here," Gu Yuan suggested expressionlessly. Actually, his heart itched at the sight of her tear-filled eyes and stubbornly biting her own pair of plush, red lips. He was already holding back his physiological reaction below with great difficulty.

Before Tian Xi could voice any retorts, Gu Yuan had already picked Tian Xi up from her seat and held her in an upright princess carry, heading straight towards a guest room on the second floor.

50