Arc 3.2 Ruler of the Night
3.8k 2 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Tian Xi will be addressed as Cecily from this point onward)

Outside of the decrepit house, savage barking and bloodthirsty growls accompanied the pitter patter of the pack's steps against the dirt ground. From the sound, Cecily could infer that there were at least four dogs out there; seven as the maximum.

They probably figured out that someone had encroached onto their territory through their keen sense of smell because their steps became lighter and less chaotic as they neared the building.

Drawing her sword from the back holster, it faintly rang as if anticipating its first kill in her hands. Truthfully, Cecily had never even killed a living being before and realistically speaking it should have been much harder to adapt to the current situation, but the original body's instinct to kill and hate was resonating with her own morality and started to affect her impulses and temperament in the face of her mortal enemies.

The steps of a wolf nearby from the front caused Cecily's eyes to darken and her smile deepened. Her grip on the dark sword tightened and she calmed her breathing with considerable effort. Unknowingly, she was trembling. From fear or excitement, she no longer knew.

She was seated leisurely on the old wooden bed when a large ash-brown wolf abruptly barged in and snarled maliciously, baring its fangs in all its glory towards her smooth, thin neck. Cecily bent backward against the bed so that she was lying on her back as she swung the sword upwards swiftly across the gigantic beast's chest, eliciting from it a sharp whine as it quickly withdrew towards the door that it had entered through and heightened its guard. Its growls were full of warning and caution as its eyes gleamed and watched her every breath and motion for a sign of weakness.

Suddenly, she heard the area behind the bed begin to crack and she hastily rolled off the bed and jumped to the side a few feet away from the wall as it exploded, scattering the debris all over the room as a larger and bulkier tan wolf with many scars spanning across its muscular body pounced towards her direction with its deadly claws. Before Cecily could counter its offense, another wolf jumped into the room from above and she inwardly cursed the ceiling for not existing. The ash-brown wolf from before was also ready to attack her at any time.

As if she had done this a million times, Cecily dodged the tan wolf by leaping to the side towards the injured wolf, ignoring the new addition to the free-for-all brawl.

Best to get rid of them one at a time.

Rather than thrusting the sword into the brown wolf as she was too far away and that would give it too much time to dodge, Cecily threw her sword straight into its head, piercing it and killing it instantly with the blood splattering all over the floor and area around its corpse. Then she turned around immediately performed a back kick with the concealed blade in the heel of her boot. The 6-inch silver blade was stabbed cleanly through the unsuspecting tan wolf's chin and when she retracted her left leg it sliced its snout open as it cried out in pain. Before it could sober up and raise its head to retaliate, she immediately executed an ax-kick with the same left leg and silver blade onto the top of its head and straight into its brain.

Not forgetting the other wolf that was enraged at the deaths of its comrades, she dodged its incoming chomp that was aimed at her neck by bending her knees and punching it in the gut with her right fist at the same time slicing its stomach open with the 3-inch retractable silver blade within the knuckles. Due to gravity, its blood spilled downwards all over herself and turned her into even more of a ghastly sight in the eyes of the werewolves.

The wolf yelped and howled to gain the attention of its peers that were waiting for the show to finish outside of the building, not believing it possible for a mere human to be able to take on three of their kind at once. Before it could finish its last cry, Cecily had already run to pick up her sword from the brown wolf's corpse seamlessly severing off the wailing wolf's head.

The Sword of Oblivion sang and whistled menacingly as Cecily swung the blood off of its black and lustered blade. Under the moonlight, the girl's eyes and the amethysts shone brightly and nobly, surrounded by the gruesome corpses of the three werewolves who had been proudly wagging their tails just moments ago. This was the sight that the werewolves outside had witnessed when they all entered the building.

Overcome by their uncontrollable fury, the four wolves immediately dove in for the kill simultaneously, unaware of the deadly weapon in the girl's hand. Releasing the breath she didn't know she was holding, Cecily waved the dark sword in a circular motion instantly slitting the throats of the four wolves, who were incredulous even as they bled out on the ground. Their eyes were filled with unwillingness as they laid in their own pools of blood.

[Wow, host! You're so strong ah!] 001 was shocked since most people didn't dare to draw so much blood so early on in the competition especially if it was their first time.

Cecily suddenly brought her right palm to her forehead; she was having a terrible migraine. The original body's inherent loathing of the werewolves had temporarily overtaken her own soul for a while there but she finally got it back under control. Her breaths were harsh and labored, but aside from the mental problems, she had not suffered any injuries throughout that fight.

'Seven wolves, 350 points,' Cecily inwardly calculated. She wasn't too worried about being overcome by the original body's instincts. It would honestly help her get rid of the werewolves easier. Unfortunately, she still had no confidence in using the chain whip. One could only imagine her attempting to swing it around only to entrap herself and pierce her own body with the connected dagger.

After cleaning herself up, Cecily asked 001 for a map of the kingdom so she could head to the capital city and kill the corrupt king. She didn't want to reconcile and reclaim her name and rank yet as that would implicate the family should things go wrong. Finding the successor to the throne wouldn't be a problem.

001 immediately complied and a holographic map was displayed in the top right corner of her vision with a bright red exclamation point marking her destination. There were gray exclamation points marked along the rest of the map that signified the locations of various wolf packs that she could destroy along the way.

With her destination pointed out, Cecily immediately set off from the abandoned village in determination, unaware of a profound gaze from afar.

"My liege, it seems this pack has already been taken care of by the Lavandula. Where should we head to next?" A shirtless large man with highly defined 8-pack abs and long, unruly fiery red hair kneeled and reported respectfully to his king.

A low and seductive chuckle leaked from the black-haired man's thin lips, his own 8-pack abs on display in all its glory framed by his fur coat under the dim moonlight as his golden eyes gleamed and slitted pupils constricted in interest, "Follow her. We're heading to the capital."

.

.

.

A/N: Actually, this was the first time I have ever wrote an action scene. I made the 1k word count but damn, it was tiring haha! Also, it shouldn't be hard to guess which king this is based on their last names, haha! So, here is the image.

.

.

.

Hugh Noir of the South

Hugh Noir of the South

41