Chapter 3: Rewards
137 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

King Anglius Numidicia will be remembered as one of the greatest kings in Numidician history. His conquest to unite Numidica is an epic story. The king is still sharp as evident in the clarity of his eyes. His presence alone silences the entire room. The hall is an echo of times past when ancient rulers preferred steel and stone, gigantic statues of past kings and heroes circled the throne room. The deeds of mighty individuals are displayed in the only techno piece allowed in the throne room, the Theater. The holograms depicted King anglius slaying enemy champions and generals. But now, Deimos can see that the strength of his father is slowly leaving him. The man that led legions is slowly weakening as Father Time takes his due. No longer the Conqueror he once was.

"Rise, my son." King Anglius says. Out of all the king's children, Deimos resembles the king most. The golden hair, panther-like eyes, and bronze skin tell-tale signs of a pure-blood Numidician royalty honed through millenniums of gene enhancement and forced natural selection.  

Deimos knows as soon as he walks in the room that something is amiss. For one, most of his family is present which never happens as they hate Deimos, especially Queen Atonia and her brood. Even the reclusive Mordred is here.

"Herald." the king prods. The herald came forward with a letter.

"Here before you, your Majesty, is your youngest son, Deimos Numidicia, Third Prince of Numidicia, Conqueror of the Seven Isles.  Slayer of the pirate menace. Protector of Numidician seas. Captain of the Argus and the Blood Sharks." The herald stops.

"Great achievements, my son." The king smiled, reserved for his favorites.

"All in your name and glory of Numidica, your Majesty." Deimos bowed.

The king stood up and stepped forward to make a proclamation.

"As your reward, you will be granted the lands you conquered to rule in the name of Numidica and protect our sovereignty against foreign and domestic. I hereby declare with the full authority as King of Numidica the title of Duke to my son, Deimos Numidicia."

Stunned silence.

The great hall is quiet as the imposing statues. The first to clap is Grendell followed by his children then others reluctantly started to do the same. Even Brutus, with his cold hate for Deimos, claps. The king’s words should never be questioned, to do so would risk your neck. Any form of disobedience is fatal. Deimos wanted to protest but held back his tongue. Instead, he bowed to his King.

"I hear and obey, my King. I am grateful for the honor. As a loyal Numidician, I will offer my life to do my duty."

 

The King nods and says "Now that the territories are yours, what will be its name?"

"I wish to name it, Delos, my King."

The temperature in the room drops as the king went silent. A heavy silence ensued between Deimos and Anglius as the King tries to intimidate his young son into discarding the name but Deimos stood strong against the strong presence of his father. Delos was his mother’s unspoken name.

"Very well, by the decree of the king, I hereby name you, Duke of Delos." King conceded.

A sigh of relief spread across the room.

"My son, you have become a fine man." King Anglius said as he clasped his giant son on his broad shoulders, built for war. Out of all his children, Deimos is the physical freak of nature. Gossips even say that Deimos is a Geneborn, birth through genetic science.

Let the rabble chatter. He is my son. The king thought.

"Now, I have a request for my grandchildren to remain here for a fortnight until my Nameday. I hope all of you heed my dearest wish. Kailina and Deimos, as my youngest children, may I bother you to accompany your nephews and nieces?" The king requested.

Young Kailina steps forward along with her maid and bows "It would be my pleasure, your Majesty."

Deimos's heart ache as he sees the poor younger sister Kailina for the first time in years.

"I will be happy to accommodate my brethren, your Majesty." Deimos answers.

 

 

 

 

5