Chapter 3 – Savior
215 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was another day in Fantasy Collusion. Another Slime Wolf fell to the strike of a Holy Sword slash.

Title Acquired "Solo Hunter" bonus +1 to all stats.

This bonus is doubled while the title is set as active and not part of a party.

"Nice!" Izoke cheered. He set the title as his active since he currently had no others. Monsters got drastically more difficult to fight the higher level they got. From what he had learned "Solo Hunter" was a hard title to acquire. Most players claimed the easiest way to obtain this was mass killing NPCs. Izoke's mind had briefly gone there before thinking he may need this title. Right before shaking his head and correcting his thoughts, I will not become like them just to stop them.

Examining his stats Izoke monitored his energy bar. Izoke became aware of this green bar that appeared under his Hp bar after reaching level ten. Fantasy Collusion just used energy for magic and martial skills instead of Mp/stamina bars. Players seemed to love the genius simplicity of it. Just two bars to keep an eye on during combat.

Izoke also took note of his current level. I am level 18 now, so... soon I'll have to move into another area, Izoke thought as he was suddenly disturbed by a girl's scream.

"Ahh, No!!! Help me!" Screamed the shrill and feminine voice. Izoke was torn whether to help or not. NPCs would not be found out here against such powerful creatures yet his heart wrenched at the thought of leaving this girl to her fate. Even though she won't die from this can I'll call myself a man if I turn my back on her? Izoke asked himself. Deep down Izoke knew the answer because he ran towards her pleas for help.
"Damn it, I hope I don't end up regretting this!"

Thirty minutes earlier a team of rookies was headed toward their first hunt in the "Ruins of Grass". This place is full of small grasses and dangerous wild beasts. There were three players on their team.

One was a mage, a swordsman, and the last was a Healer. The mage was a man with long fringy hair. His eyes were dark black in color and it looks like he is just a 16-year-old boy. He had a long Mage staff of rosewood and on the top of it, there was a shining blue crystal. His name was "Kazuo" and his level was 9. His skill with magic was still at the novice rank.

The swordsman was a guy with really long Black hair and he was wearing full plate armor. He looked like he is in his late 20s and had a funny looking smirk on his face. He was equipped with a normal claymore sword and a small kite shield. His name was "Yuuto" and he is level 12. His skill of the swordsmanship is at initiate which is the stage above novice.

The last one was a healer, A girl with a flawless face and long blue hair. She had one stray hair that seemed to not want to stay down. This hair sticking out above the others giving her an extra adorable factor. Her eyes were green like peridot and she looks like a 16-year-old lady. Her name is "Haruki".

They headed toward Ruins of Grass in order to hunt down some of the monsters there and earn some money while gaining EXP. They had no idea what they were getting into. Areas in fantasy collusion that give higher rewards also have higher risks. After walking for a few hours, they reached the Ruins and they looked for monsters. There were some "Scaled behemoths" that roamed around the area. Scaled Behemoths were just large beasts that resembled a dog and a lizard combined. The beasts had fairly high defense and even higher Hp but with a healer and mage on their team success was almost guaranteed.

The three of them co-ordinated to kill the Scaled Behemoths. The mage used ranged attacks to pull the beasts to them and the swordsman used shield bash to aggro the creatures before they could reach the mage. Several rounds of this occurred with success but after pulling and killing another behemoth there was a frightening roar. All the behemoths started to run away in almost every direction. Birds also took off from the ground making a quick retreat. Suddenly a loud growl could be heard from behind them. They turn around, only to freeze in fear. Shaking from head to toe the party took in the image of the Boss monster before them. It was a big nasty Dragon, Its length was at least 20 feet long. It had scales brown in color and on its head were two gigantic goat-like horns. Its razor-sharp teeth resembled that of sharks yet there seemed to be little barbs on them as well. This would make it hard for prey to flee and death caused by this creature would be horrifically painful. Players could resurrect but they still felt pain as if it was real. The boss creature opened its mouth salivating and painting at the newbie party. Its noxious breath from the rotted meat of its previous victims made the group gag. The barbs in its maw seemed to keep bits of its prey around long after their demise. Analyzing the creature revealed It was a level 30 elite.

Those three started to come to their sense realizing their only hope was to fight and flee simultaneously. The mage started to cast a spell.

"Oh, Holy Saint! Give me the Power of Fire," the mage shouted while chanting a spell. He cast a bunch of fireballs toward the dragon through his Mage's staff. It had little effect as dragons are fire-resistant. Seeing this, the swordsman ran near the dragon and tried to slash at its left hind leg but his sword broke in two. The dragon then swung it's tail and hit the swordsman on his head flinging him on the ground before the mage. That attack was so hard that he was severely injured. With a concussed status the man would not be getting up soon. Immediately after his injury occurred the healer ran to him. She tried to heal him but the dragon started to approach them. By failing their attack, they were so scared that they didn't even have the courage to keep fighting and none of them wanted to abandon the others. They simply gave up hope that they could make it out of this.

"Swish!" Sang the sound of a one bladed sword.

A guy appeared in tattered armor wielding a cheap-looking sword. The three-players didn't even hear his footsteps until he was right beside them. He was a 5.8ft tall with crystal clear blue eyes and long black hair. His skin was smooth and somewhat pale. He was only equipped with light armor that looked like it had seen better days. If one knew what damage from acid to leather looked like they would know the cause. It was none other than Izoke himself.

Although the new player who came to their rescue seemed strong he appeared to be under-equipped for the enemy he faced. The three newbie players tried to convince him to run away.

"Don't go near the Dragon, it will kill you" Mage tried to warn him by holding out a hand. Izoke just smiled back while looking at her. This was the girl who screams had reached his ears. Getting closer to the dragon Izoke easier his sword to strike. The dragon interrupted his attempt by blowing blue flames through its mouth at him. Izoke just barely managed to avoid the flames by jumping left going into a roll. Izokes desperate maneuver saved his life. Izoke again faced toward his opponent. The wingless dragon was level 30. "I guess I will still be able to handle it," he mumbled to no one in particular.

Holy Sword Activate, he thought internally. A neat discovery Izoke made was that player did not have to speak a skills name out aloud. They could think of activating the skill and hide their skills identity from others.

A white glowing aura surrounded his sword. It was the same skill he copied from Edara back in town. While slaying the Slime Wolves, he has practiced many kinds of attacks through the sword.

After activating the Holy sword skill, he ran toward the dragon swift like the wind.
The dragon was launching its fire breath at him. Its blue flames were consuming the environment around them. Izoke approached the beast in a zig-zag pattern making it hard to hit him. With his zig zag technique, Izoke dodged every flame stream.

"Madan Slash," Izoke said as a lie. He would not give them his skill's true name. The sword started glowing like a lighthouse and he jumped toward the dragon. He slashed the dragon's head apart and unlike the Slime Wolfs, this killed the creature. Its head parted like a severed cheese wheel falling into pieces.

"uhhhhh" The dragon's body convulsed and moaned like corpses often do.

Title acquired

Dragon Slayer

100+ EXP and 5% increase to dragon monsters while the title is set as active.

Level: +2 You are now level (20).

After reading the second blue tab screen that appeared in his eyes Izoke said, "Woah! I am now level 20".
Dismissing the level up prompt Izoke read another one.
Summing creatures

Slot (0/1)

Level 50 needed to take a beast spirit as a summoning creature.

"What?!" Izoke said in shock while momentarily forgetting he wasn't alone.

13