Chapter 6 – Hotel
189 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey, check out this quest. We can get 100 gold coins each. It will be a lot of money.” Yuuto exclaimed.

“Yes, but it is hard to kill it. We would also need four people. The dragon before was only level 30 and we couldn't even scratch it. So, by comparison, this is impossible,” Haruki replied to Yuuto.

“Hmm, but if we have Izoke we could still win,” Kazuo added.

“No, I can’t go with you. I have my own plans.” Izoke replied to them

“Please help us Izoke, just one more time. My sword was destroyed last time and that reward can help me buy a way better one.” Yuuto requested.

“Yes, Please,” Kazuo said bowing his head.

Izoke shook his head from side to side telling them no.

“Please help us one more time Izoke!” Haruki said to Izoke while giving him the "puppy eyes" and puffing out her lips. The expression was the cutest and saddest looking thing he had ever seen.

Looking at her... He couldn’t help but decided to join them. Just this once, Izoke told himself.

“Ok Ok, Just one more time. We will go there tomorrow and then that’s it, ” Izoke said taking a deep breath. A long sigh followed afterward.

All three were happy hearing he accepted. A few of them even jumped about merrily. “yes!” Kazuo and Yuuto Shouted.

Taking the quest from the board and then going outside of the guild house, they were excited but Izoke fell somewhat empty. In his heart and in his mind, he thinks, “The villagers are getting attacked by that filthy monster! I should help them. I'll have to risk my life but at least I will also level up from it.”

“Ok, then we will meet here at the same place tomorrow and go to the Rumen village for our first quest,” Kazou said to all the members including Izoke.

All replied with, “Ok”

“So, we should all log out and get some rest. We three are from the same school and have homework to complete. You should also log out and get some rest, bye” Yuuto said to Izoke.

After that, they all farewell to Izoke and logged out of the game. To Izoke it appeared as if they simply disappeared into thin air. Vanishing from his line of sight. Izoke was also thinking there wasn't any button named logout in his tab. Looking at his tab there was no sign of a log out button. What am I even doing, Of course, there will not be a logout button! Izoke thought.

He then decided to go to a hotel to spend the night. There were many hotels in the town which was mainly built for the players to stay in. The purpose of these hotels had apparently caused some ruckus in the "Real World". The virtual world experiences allowed sensations to be felt and people could anonymously hook up with others here with little to no repercussions. They definitely wouldn't have to worry about STDs. Izoke was completely unaware of this because he only knew that NPCs just use them to rest while traveling. He was completely unaware of the reputation these hotels had.

Walking down the street Izoke found one particularly good looking hotel. A hotel named “Celadon Midway”. He entered the hotel and went to the manager's desk. He asked, “I want to stay the night, is there any rooms available?”

“Of course, we have rooms available. It will be 20 silver coins for a day. Is the room just for one or two?” A young lady replied to him with a smile.

"It is just me," Izoke answered unsure of why people would get double rooms.

"Alright! Here your key," The girl answered seemingly pleasantly surprised by his answer.

“Ok then, Can also I have some food to eat.”

“yes, just sit at the table in the dining room. What do you want to eat?” The manager instructed Izoke while asking what he wanted.

“Get me anything from the dinner menu. I'm not picky,” Izoke answered her.

Izoke went and sat at a table in the dining room. He picked one by the window where he could see the sun setting. After a few minutes, The manager lady brought The food he had ordered. It was Chicken stew with a loaf of bread. Izoke started eating the stew. It had been a day since he had eaten anything. So, he ordered another loaf of bread too. The stew was very delicious and hearty. The gravy was just the right amount sweet, savory, and salty. It was just the right amount of spice in it too. What a gourmet might call "Zesty". Izoke scarfed down the food like a ravenous wolf.

He has to eat in order to survive, unlike those regular players. Izoke had withheld from eating the whole time he was with those Newbies. They would have thought it strange if he ate many times a day when it was unnecessary for players to do so. After he finished eating his food, He went to the manager's desk and paid 41 silver coins. The food was 20 silver plus 1 for the extra loaf of bread. Staying at the hotel was 20 a night. He had plenty of money earned from slaying the dragon. So Izoke wasn't being stingy.

10