Chapter 11 – Meaning of Courage
174 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Izoke remembered that he has “Lesser heal skill” himself. He activated the skill to heal himself but it was slower than Haruki's skill. It also seemed to consume way more energy. So the power of a skill depends on how high the skills level has been trained through use and the level of the player. Izoke rationalized.

“Izoke look!” Kazuo screamed while trembling.

Izoke turned his vision back towards the monster. The Orcs leg and eye were regenerating. It was almost fully recovered. Izoke has mostly healed but was in no shape to practically solo such an unstoppable monster. The thing was practically immortal and If his health hits zero will die for good, unlike his comrades.

“Izoke, we can kill it by destroying its core, look at the glowing in its chest. Once it started regenerating it revealed its core! it’s in its heart!” Haruki shouted pointing at the Orcs glowing chest.

The Orc suddenly sprinted towards Haruki like it understood she just revealed its secret. The feral beast salivated intending to eat her. Regrowing a limb must consume a ton of calories causing the monster's instincts to take over.

“Ahhh” Haruki screamed.

Izoke deactivated his healing skill and sprinted to save Haruki. Izoke remembered his family who was killed because he was not strong enough to protect them. The villagers he wasn't here to help! His hatred at his enemies and his own weakness! The demonic sword's blade took an even darker hue and Izoke felt his speed increase. The Orc was about to snatch up Haruki with its hand and eat her but it stopped. Fear is a powerful instinct, one the orc had rarely felt but something told it to be very afraid. Something behind it was a greater predator!

The Orc flourished around and put its arms up in front of its face and chest just in time to block Izokes slash. The glowing sword cut deep into the orcs arms scraping against bone.

Izoke's power and speed went up thanks to his sword. Izoke was unaware that it would aggro any enemies towards him causing him to sometimes be outnumbered and possibly leading to his death. It would occasionally cause a fear status on enemies to offset this but the sword loves conflict and death. It would seek to create enemies where none had been. As powerful as the sword made Izoke he was left at a disadvantage that the beast could heal as fast as he injured it and would not let him near its core.

There was however one attack Izoke had that would slow healing but he could not use it in front of other players.

Haruki struck the Orc in the back trying to create an opening. The Orc kicked back a leg slamming her pinning her between its foot and a tree. She didn't die because healers have a skill that prevents their whole health bar from being fully depleted by one attack. The effect, however, puts the healer into an immediate unconscious state until another player saves them.

"Self-Destruct!" Kazuo shouted the name of a sacrificial magic skill in hopes it would defeat the beast and save his comrades.

The Orc ripped a medium-sized tree out of the ground and batted Kazuo far away when he rushed it.

Kazuo died either by exploding from his skill or the impact of the tree. Regardless his body blew up!

"You're a clever mother Fricker huh? Well, I got something you'll never see coming!" Izoke said darkly.

Izoke activated [Acid Howl]

"AHHHHH!"

The beast screamed in agony, "Grahh!"

"That's right, I'm a monster too!"

Blinded and in immense pain, Izoke attacked the Orc from the back. He rushed up its back left side while jumping into the air. He stabbed in between the kidney and underarm area that is an opening to the heart. With Its Core destroyed it Died. Izoke Picked up an unconscious Haruki in his arms. His own health depleted further by acid howl was rapidly recovering.

"What a mess," Izoke said looking around at the destruction of the woods caused by their battle.

Izoke examined a series of notifications.

Level up x10

You have reached Level 30

 

Quest completed

Slay the monster

 

Demonic Sword would like to consume the "Orc's spirit".
Yes
or
No

 

11