ch 23 – Hotel
60 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sumiko, let’s go.” He said to Sumiko and she also nodded her head. They began their climb up the mountain to their destination but the path was filled with freezing snow. Their legs were cold as Ice after they crossed the river. The path was narrow and they were walking helping each other. eventually, they finally reach the bottom of Kalan mountain, and it was time to climb to the top. A small steep path can be seen as it was made by some kind of animal. It was already one week since they started their journey, and now it’s near the end but the mountain was quite huge. They look at each other eyes and hike up the small path. It was already evening and the cold air felt like it was passing through their very souls. They were determined to reach their destination, so there was no turning back. The wind started to get even stronger like it is going to fling them away. It was an icy wind filled with snowflakes. It appeared as if the fast-moving wind was white in color. Due to the wind, they couldn't continue to go upward and it was already getting dark. So, Izoke looked for a place to stash themselves for the night. The mountain was only filled with snow and big rocks, there were no trees and plants. You can say it was a dead mountain. Izoke and Sumiko are already in the middle of the mountain so, they can’t even return or to go upward. Suddenly Izoke saw what appeared to possibly be a small cave which was a few meters away from them. Izoke pointed out that cave with his finger “Sumiko let’s go there.”

“Oo-o-ok” she replied shivering.

Both of them went there and looked inside, it looks small from outside but when they entered the cave it was quite big. It was about the size of one hotel room. There was nothing but rocks. Suddenly a rock fell from the top of them and a deep male voice came from the cave.

“Welcome to Kalan Hotel”

“If you want to stay here then click Yes, if not then click NO.”

Izoke was confused with the voice and Sumiko was busy with her grinding her teeth because of the coldness.

A notification popped up in front of Izoke eyes.

*Do you want to stay a night in here? Cost per night is 65 gold coins.*

Yes

Or

No

‘What the heck, 65 gold coins…Is this some kind of royal hotel?’ Izoke thought in his mind but he doesn’t have any option. So, he taps the Yes button with his freezing bare hand.

“Pay the bills on the Rock” Same voice.

‘Rock…oh you mean this.’ He replied by looking at the same rock which fell just a few minutes ago. Izoke takes out a small leather bag from the inventory. He used some of the gold coins he earned from hunting the Orc. He took out the gold coins with his hand and threw 65 of them at the rock. The coins inserted through the rock like the rock was just a mere illusion. To confirm that Izoke hit the rock with his right leg by force.

“Ow Ow” he screamed.

It was not an illusion but a real rock.

The Voice came again.

“Please enjoy your stay.”

Suddenly the cave started moving like it was an earthquake. A bed, sofa, chimney fire, and some packet food appeared in front of their eyes. The whole cave structure was transformed into a beautiful room and it was bright because of a bulb. The temperature of the room began to rise rapidly and it was warm. Sumiko was also shocked because of these changes, mainly because she doesn’t know that this world is just a game, anything is possible in here. The hotel was made in order to stay the night for the player and there were only about 3 of them in this mountain. We can say they were quite lucky to have found one.

“Woah! Sumiko isn’t this awesome?”

“Yes, it is.” Saying that Sumiko sat on the sofa and her leg also started to heat up. Both of them were feeling really good.

Izoke looked towards the food which was near the firewood. He went there and picked out some of it that looked good. There were some Chip bags, ramen, and water. Izoke got confused because those foods were from the real world and it can only found in the hotel of the game. He struggled to get the chip bag open having never seen one before. He used to much strength and ripped the bag clean in two. Chips flew about everywhere and most became pieces that stuck to Izoke. Izoke's antics elicited a giggle from Sumiko, "Heh".

Finally having figured out the trick Izoke used his two hands to gently pull on both sides of the puffed bag. It opened with a gentle "fwoosh" and with it came a sweet aroma. He takes out one of it and put it in his mouth. The salty-sour cream and onion chip crunched in his mouth. The sensation was new and exciting to Izoke. Then he went near Sumiko and offered her some of those. She also really enjoyed the taste of the chips. They ate all of the food even the ramen without pouring any water. They didn't have any hot water to heat for the instant ramen. The fireplace didn't have a real fire but some kind of low-temperature heating magic.

They went to sleep. Izoke slept on the sofa and Sumiko on the bed. The sofa was also quite comfortable.

4