Ch 25 – Despair of Sumiko
82 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Iyahhhhhhhh!” Sumiko screamed from inside the wreckage of what was once her home. It was the worst screeching and most heartbreaking sound Izoke had ever heard. The sound of a girl losing the last family she had left.

Izoke entered the wreckage after her to check on Sumiko but he expected what he saw. The house had burned down to its bare bones and it was visible from outside. The burnt corpse Sumiko was balling over was not a surprise after seeing the state of the town. Even burned and cut by a sword Izoke could recognize the old man who had been Sumiko's grandfather.

Izoke had respected the old man. He was an intelligent and kind old fellow that was so charismatic that people wanted to follow him. That was why he was in charge of the village even though his age was getting the better of him. The was a silent rage in Izoke that lingered and boiled in his gut. It grew worse yet when a notification entered his sight.

Would you like to view the streaming clip left by player Todo?

YES

or

NO

Izoke angrily pressed yes with a mental nod.

The scene before Izoke eyes was horrendous. First Todo himself bragged about his skills and technique saying, "look how fast my Npc slayer technique leveled me up to first place!"

Then he knocked on the door to the elder's house demanding entry. The old man answered calmly with respect and etiquette. Todo repaid his gesture with a sword through the chest. As Todo continued his massacre throughout the village he laughed gleefully. The whole village looked like a hell made real. All the young women were abducted for some probably perverse reason. One beautiful mother who was abducted watched her husband and child murdered. Izoke started to cry, his cold eyes were getting fogged up. He tried to wipe tears with his hand but it was not stopping. Izoke looked at that mad creature and truly believed that if either of them had no soul it was that beast.

Then Todo pointed saying, " Looks like this method is no good anymore. Npc's are mostly low leveled and this whole village only netted me one measly level. See you all next time on my channel butt nuts! TODO OUT!"

Izoke heart burned with a fury he had never experienced before and his eyes blacked out seeing that scene. What he saw was dreadful: there were bodies everywhere and even small children were not shown mercy. He had lost his parents and seen people killed but the old man was his friend and he had seen it! Worse yet was it had been Sumiko's grandad. Despite how he tried to distance her Izoke knew he cared for her immensely.

Watching her hold the old man's body lying on the ground and sobbing hurt him and yet he could not look away. The image burned itself into his eyes like how Todo had burned down the village. A blade was used to kill him, and some of the blood had seeped deep enough into the house's foundation to survive it being burned. Mostly the game was designed for a realistic experience so, blood was there for NPC even in unorthodox situations that require vast calculations.

“Grandpa! Oh, Grandpa why?” Sumiko cried holding his remains.

Izoke was devasted, he wasn't sure what he could say to her. He went outside of the house and walked beside where the whole village was.

 

Why? Why? WHY? they were all innocent! Is killing their hobby? First my village and now even Sumiko's, why is it always the Todo M0therrf@ckre? We also feel the pain the same pain as you f**kers and this world is ours, not yours! Izoke shouted internally enraged.

“haha haha haha,” Izoke start to laugh like a psychopath.

A group of three people was coming from the distance. They were searching every corpse to see if there were any valuables left.

“Hey look at him.” A guy wearing a black face mask said pointing at Izoke.

“Is he a psycho?” The tallest of the group questioned.

Seeing Izoke three of them went there. “hey man, what’s up. Are you crying because you were late?”

“Haha, f**king crybaby,” The third guy with a big scar and way to bushy eyebrows chuckled rudely. way.

“Are you with the ones who did this?” Izoke asked them as his hand rubbed over his face. his fingers were separated and he did so and his tense fingers almost looked like claws. Worse yet his expression was outright demonic and feral.

“Oh, you mean the Todo group? Well, we were but they don't give noobs a fair share so we left their group. If you want any of the young girls though you can contact them. Even though this is a game, you will still feel good when you use them.” The tall guy chided not taking the hint from Izoke's expression that he was not in a friendly mood.

“You are all the same,” Izoke exclaimed as he removed his tears to reveal glowing orange eyes.

“Huh…”

Izoke's anger summoned the cursed sword into his hand. Once again Izoke was blinded by the wolf curse but something was different. He could feel the black aura of the sword as if it were a part of him. An extension of himself that covered his whole body and the sword. It was like he could see the world in slow motion as he knew where everything was and all his other senses were heightened. This wasn't free and in part, Izoke knew it too. Izoke's anger fueled the sword and created this effect but in doing so the sword's curse grows without restriction. Someday it would outgrow him and then consume him. That is if it didn't get him put into an early grave first. For now they weapon protected its master and played its role well but Izoke wondered how long this would be the case.

In one of his hands there was his sword and in the other was his new weapon. It was his enchanted revolver that clicked with lust to claim blood and kills of its own.

“Wait, man …”

Izoke didn’t give them any time to say anything else. He slashed one guy's head apart from his body with the sword and used his gun to launch a thunderbolt skill and blast the remaining two of the players. It pierced them like fire through thin paper and similarly cauterized their wounds. There was no sign of blood but three of them disappeared like a glitch because they were players.

Warning: You are now a red player. Now, there will be a bounty to kill you. The more you kill other players, the bounty gets higher.

 

Title acquired: Assassin of Player

 

Hmf, Red player. Ok, I am a red player, I am gonna kill every player who messes with NPCs, and I am not gonna be a coward. Mostly, I am gonna f**k that Todo to eternal death! Izoke thought as his sword seemed to hum with glee.

5