ch 14
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Rembley Stolsworf POV*

Clenching the energy stones in his hands, he thinks of the skill mapping.

You have 4 uses of the skill "mapping lvl 1".

The skill mapping can be evolved to "mapping lvl 2(water) with 3 energy stones(water)"

Do you want to evolve the skill "mapping lvl 1" Y/N?

 

System, what is the meaning of water written in brackets next to the skill level?

The skill "mapping lvl 1" would evolve to level two but have much higher efficiency in water due to the nature of the energy stones used to evolve the skill.

 

Evolve mapping with 3 energy stones and store the other as ente.

Congratulations!!! your skill "mapping level 1" has evolved to "mapping level 2(water)".

1 energy stone(water) will be stored as 1 ente(water).

 

So will 1 ente(water) be more efficient to use water skills?

Affirmative. Using ente of same nature reduces the expenditure by 10%.

 

Activate Mapping.

You have 0.1 ente left.

 

Wait, mapping is not a water-based skill, right?.

Affirmative. But it's cost is reduced by 10% as it is more efficient in water due to being evolved using energy stones(water).

 

He feels the energy flow through his body as it moves and gathers in his head, suddenly a 3-d space is projected in his brain with all statises and anglerfish in it, moving slowly and patiently in the surrounding.

He further notice a grid with x,y, and z-axes as it divides the map into cubical sections with each line on the grid having marks at equal intervals with numbers allocated to them allowing me to pinpoint the locations of all the statises, He see a little menu icon at the bottom right and thinks of clicking it.

*click*

The project in front of him suddenly minimizes and becomes a miniature model of its self. He starts to see many icons representing many tools that he had remembered seeing in his past life,

Something immediately clicks in his mind as he starts to assign the cardinal directions, and assigns the enemies with red, allies with blue and building with grey and He further assign with his position with a glowing light and the map in front of him transforms as it is filled with blobs of red, blue and a huge grey to the distance,

He hurriedly opens a text box and starts noting down the statises locations and thinks of saving it. He releases his concentration as the projection disappears, but the locations are still left hovering in the space in an imaginary box.

He looks at Mr. Torko and sees that he is ready with what looks similar to paper but is clearly waterproof and seems to be made of some sort of skin seeing its glistening shine and finds him to be catching what seems to be like a needle on the back of a porcupine.

"Mr.Torko would you really be able to calculate all the angles of incidences and refractions needed for all the statises?"(Rembley)

"Ah, don't worry just give me the cardinal directions of the statises, their positions on the x,y, and the z-axes, also give me information on how you have marked the units on your map so that I can get an accurate idea of the layout"(Torko)

"Ok, if you say so"( Rembley)

He starts to dictate the locations of all the locations of the statises, when he notices that the words which were written by Mr.Torko were glowing and proceeds to go to Mr.Polo as soon as he's done with telling him the locations

"Were you able to convince the people in the statises"(Rembley)

"Tough luck, It seems people are iffy about your idea, many are raising concerns if it would even actually even work"(Polo)

"Hmm, do they have like any leader figure among them? "(Rembley)

"Yes"(Polo)

"Then could please give me info about him, preferably his likes, dislikes, his personality, his family conditions, his ambitions, his political standpoint of view, stuff like that"(Rembley)

"Hmmm, Let's see he loves money, He acts like a good Samaritan, but is a sly bastard, in reality, He only helps people when there is profit for him in it and conceals that very carefully,

The only reason I know about that is I have been observing him since we don't have the most amicable of relationships, But he is very charismatic and is able to lead the voices of the people, He enjoys a great position among the people because of his Samaritan like deeds and charismatic personality.

As for his family, he doesn't have a wife but does have an adopted daughter who suffers from terminal illness, He never misses an opportunity to boast about her as to how strong his daughter is mentally despite being in her condition,

As for his political standpoint, he really doesn't care that much, but seems to admire the king a lot, so much that he keeps on blabbering on how he wished he had a job in the palace so he could see His Highness face every day...guess that's about all I know"(Polo)

Hmmm ,money,palace,daughter,illness ,I guess I could give him some monetary reward for cooperating with us after sorting out this mess,Since this is a huge situation the king should give me some money to save his face, Now, next onto his daughter, I could convince him that I could get her the treatment for her illness with the kings help, but for the last part.

How should I make him stay in the palace Since Polo said people like him live in the outskirts and all the people in the statises belong to the outskirts, He must be similar to Polo in terms of his body.

No way in hell are hybrids gonna allow people like polo to get a job with responsibilities in the palace, and there's no way the hybrids would allow a person like polo to roam around in their midst, So the only way is to give him a minor job in the palace, but even so I can't guarantee the hybrids won't refuse this offer, and the guy might also find out that he won't be able to get a job in the palace due to the hybrids during the negotiations,

So If I promise to get him a job that has money in it and has him work for the palace while not angering the hybrids ,I should be able to able to convince him ,hmmm what kind of job has money in it ,has to work for the palace while necessarily not requiring to be in the palace for long and work outside the palace even if they went there?

ah....A tax collector,yes I could make him a tax collector in the outskirts since he has a good rep with the people the collection rate should go up and its not like I'm making him the head collector moreover he can embezzle some money from the tax money to satiate his greed, Since the tax from a small part of the outskirts mont be much I don't think the hybrids would care much. Alright, the pieces for negotiation are found.

"Polo would you able to get him to approve and convince the people if I give you some pieces to negotiate with"(Rembley)

"Ah, sure"(Polo)

"Alright, here's the plan listen carefully "(Rembley)

He tells Polo about his plan and the pieces used in the negotiations and leaves him to his devices and goes to Siti

"Can you act as a relay between me and Tychen Dolphania?"(Rembley)

"Ok"(Siti)

Alright time to talk with golde...Tychen

0