MCS – Gossip Rag
52 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“YOU!!”

That damn human freak was here again. This time he was sitting in a tree, reading...something. Well, whatever it was, it was probably terrible. No one as terrible as him could possibly have good taste in literature.

“Yo, Monkey Girl.” He didn’t even look away from his book. So terrible!

“That’s the last time you’ll ignore a demon like me, Human!.” Goku leapt to the tree and quickly began to climb.

“I’m sure I’ve told you this before, but the name’s ‘Yuri’, not ‘Human’”. He's paying attention now, so that’s a step in the right direction. Where did his book go? “Or at least I think I did. You demons all start to blur together after a while.”

“Who could you have possibly seen who-” Stars. Goku was quite suddenly on the ground again. It took her a moment to realize that the human’s book was on the ground next to her. Right beside her head.

“Lousy story anyway. You would think that a place full of demons would have better material. Demons really do have just awful taste.”

Goku let out an incoherent scream. She jumped to her feet and once again scaled the tree, moving faster than before.

“What I really need is some sort of newspaper. Or a magazine? Something to help me keep track of this place. Plus, Demon drama is pretty much guaranteed to be hilarious.”

When Goku reached the human’s branch, he was standing on it facing her. He had removed his jacket while she climbed, revealing surprisingly narrow shoulders, and help it like a matador’s cape between his arms.

“Jokes on you!” Goku threw the book at the human. He easily deflected it with his coat. “Maybe if you weren’t so freaking HORRIBLE you could have asked! Practically all I do is write reports and messages for Dai-Sensei!”

Goku lunged at the human but was deflected nearly as easily as his book had been. She found herself once again at risk of falling from the tree, but held on with her tail wrapped around the branch.

“In that case, you should really consider writing something.” The freak actually sounded happy! “Even if it’s not that useful, I would kill for something interesting to read.”

He jumped and the branch cracked.

Why does this keep happening?

With the second jump, the branch broke free. Goku had just enough time to see the human grab the next branch above him before she was in freefall. By the time she was on her feet again, he was gone. Probably off to harass another demon. But he had left something behind.
A piece of paper was pinned to the tree by the broken branch. Goku quickly scampered up the trunk a third time to retrieve it.

Remember, it’s Yuri

“Yeah, well, it’s GOKU, not Monkey Girl!!”

0