The inkblot
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ink blot. This is not a real novel. It's just an inkblot with a shape, a blotted shape. The end. Did you also know , Andrew Jackson, during the presidential election of 1824, had no noteworthy political reputation. even though he was senate and had served the Congress transiently.  Even after that, he had the most votes among the four candidates. Unfortunately the 12th Amendment requires House of representatives to choose among the top 3 candidates in accordance to electoral votes, not the most voted. Therefore, Adams won with support from Clay.This enraged the Jacksonians, and more enraged when Clay was made Secretary of State and came to call this election the corrupt bargain. By the next election two party system emerged supporting either Addams or Andrew Jackson. These were national republicans and democratic republicans. This sparked a large hatred between Jacksonians and Adams supporters with each accusing the other's candidate of either embezzlement or murder of militiamen. With Jackson winning the rest of Federalists' support, He won by a large margin. The significance of his victory is that it displayed triumph of the commoners over the privileged, like a champion of democracy. It was also declared by Jacksonians, that "the age of the common man" has arrived.

Just ignore this. And as you can already tell, I am writing this for fun and mean comments so I can improve myself and pass my literature course. Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments and reviews

0