Chapter 4
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Can I go now?" 

It felt stuffy remaining here. Besides, this douche already told me were to go next. He probably deals with my "disrespect" on a daily basis. I don't think he cares about my hurt little emotions seeing how disinterested he was in me. 

Either way, as an Earthling, I value my privacy and wouldn't be happy with someone putting my private thoughts on display OH MY GOODNESS, HOCKEY FREAK, FREAK, FREAK, FREAK, WHAT'S HAPPENING!

WHY CAN I STILL LISTEN TO MY WORDS OUT LOUD AND WHY CAN'T I CURSE. STOP LOOKING AT ME WITH THAT AMUSED SMILE AND MUTE IT. COME ON, DO IT ALREADY!!

Fine, who cares. I will just seat here and won't think of anything embarrassing, like NO !NO !NO !NO PINK ELEPHANTS, BOOBS, MY SMALL P- AHHHHH!!

I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY, PLEASE TURN IT OFF, PLEASE STOP WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING!

.....

"Sigh, it's always wonderful to play around with arrogant brats, so satisfying. Ok then"

Did it work? Oh yes, thank goodness it stopped. What was that all about?

"You can't curse in here, that vulgar tone grates my ears. As I was saying,....um,....yeah. People who come here have died, for the most part, and are waiting for their trial or next direction."

Next direction?

"Yes, you remember directions I told you?  Just a right at the end of the hallway. Now follow it and leave the room. Chop chop"

....Now I see why I didn't like this guy despite his saintly demeanor. Forget about it, I probably won't ever return here. I stood up once again calmly, and with that same speed, I probably to the door without thinking of turning back. This time, regardless of any weird noise, Sensation or thought, I will not turn around. 

It doesn't matter that I can still here the muffled sounds and that dial tone, actually it feels like it's been going on forever. Never mind.

After respectful closing the door, I immediately ignored the smile that appeared on his face as the door was an inch close to wall, and it feels like he wasn't smiling at me. Must be my imagination. Even if it isn't, I don't care.

Fixing my eyes on the beautifully decorated long carpet that gives off a strange vibe, I noticed it stretches out the a slightly dark and gloomy end. Why didn't I notice this when I first came in? Oh I remember now, I followed behind that douche but I wasn't able to see ahead as he blocked my sight for some reason, always slowing down as I did and moving left as I also did. Probably read my mind the whole time. What a scumbag.

Still, what a strange phenomenon. It is obviously just a hallway, I can verify it is from the doors appearing on the two sides, the soft hanging chandelier and tunnel look it has. Either way, even a child would know to run in the hallway if she saw this one. But what is this primal fear I'm getting. Like a desolate beast waiting to swallow me whole the moment I step into it's territory.

Nothing will happen if I stay here so I might as well move. Ugh, wait a minute. Why do I have to move? It screams danger proceeding ahead, and since I'm already dead, there's no reason to be....deader, yes. I feel like I will face true death or whatever if I move ahead. Yes, why am I stressing myself over this?

Lowering myself to the ground, I felt the softness of the carpet and rubbed my fingers together for any dirt. Yes, this will do. 

At that moment, I sat down, then even decided to lie down while bending my knees upwards. While placing my forearm at the back of my head, everything suddenly turned quiet. The shouts from the other rooms stopped, the dial tone remained but the muffled sounds felt a bit slow, like a yawn of a sleepy tortoise. As I lay there on my back, I totally ignored the absurdity of it and looks I got from the people walking past me. All of them entered into the beast's mouth I call the fog and were never heard of again. Except the staff always returned to pick more people from front of the hallway. They were in pairs, with a suited person in the front while followed by a casually dressed individual in the back. I didn't get to examine their faces the first time since I was just as confused as they were before being told I was dead. All I realised was that the people in the back gave me weird looks while the guys in the front(maybe staff) totally ignored me, not even sparing a glance. Are they confident that I will proceed into the fog? How laughable.

All I did was relax my nerves and stare into the abyss and the abyss stared back at me. It was a calm standoff, neither of us backing down. Obviously I won the the contest in the end, until it dawned on me that I was having a stare down with mist. No need to feel embarrassed since nobody can judge me for this. I have never been relaxed before, I fell in love with this feeling. I chuckled a bit before deciding stop.

I stood up calmly the next moment, the shot forward like a bullet, I had no time to waste. I don't how how long I've got. But there was no time to waste, I felt it. A tightening in my chest and pain all over, but I had to run to the end of the hallway before it disappeared. Everything felt like a blur, then the next moment I faced a terribly high wall, reaching a tall end I can't even fathom. Except I had no time for that a twisted the knob on the right and entered.

"Oh, you have arrived! Well, it must have been tough on you young man. Seeing how tired you look. Now let me tell you a story HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO THE WINDOW FOR?"

Ignoring whatever that woman said,I noticed a window that peeked my interest. It was tiny and about 20 meters in height. I didn't care much about the window but the ambience inside gave me a peculiarly familiar feeling. At that moment,I decided to take a quick peek inside, only to see the most astonishing sight I've ever seen, I don't think I will ever forget it. 

Inside there was a cloud, and actual cloud! Where in a moving plane or something? What suprised me the most was the fact that I could see the ground and the people all the way from the clouds.  Is this how gods feel while looking at mortals? What a weird thing to say.

Anyway, it was dark but I could still notice two figures standing together. There were clouded in a fog, therefore I couldn't notice anything they were wearing or notice accurately what they were doing.  In next moment, the person at the front pulled out a huge cylinder. He started pressing it a couple of times, but then punched it one more time till it lit up.

This gave me a creepy vibe, seeing how they were obviously covered in fog but I could discern their genders and actions. Another surprise came after.

The gentleman in the front pointed his cylinder at the front which opened up the ground. Like a speeding snake in water, a crack appeared to slither in the ground, till it reached a distance away, then started to travel upwards. It gave off a monstrous feeling, like it isn't supposed to exist in this world. What in the world, was happening?

As soon as the crack reached the clouds,it dispersed into multiple yellow bright cracks, forming a lightning web in the clouds. The very next moment, a slightly pressuring light appeared amidst the lightning web and brightened up the evening while dispersing the clouds. I didn't know what was going on at all, and was starting blankly at the whole situation. Except, something woke me up from my stupor. 

It wasn't the constant shouts from the woman behind me, but the menacing smile I got the moment I tried to peek at the gentleman infront. Before I could get a clear look, as if he could feel my gaze, he turned in my direction and gave me a beaming smile tainted with all kinds of malice and overwhelming pressure. That feeling caused me to fall on my butt and made me realize what was happening.

"WHAT'S WITH ALL THE SUPERNATURAL SHIT GOING ON?"I screamed. At that moment, I turned back to the woman sitting behind the table in this office looking place. As if suddenly noticing me, she turned her head from the papers Infront of her and said.

"Oh, you're back? Just ignore whatever you just saw and listen. As you already know, you are already dead and.....what now?"

Suddenly she frowned upon looking at me. I don't know if I just offended her or something but she doesn't look pleased at all. As if suddenly remembering something, I felt like a almost forgot the reason I ran here. It's that feeling, that chest tightning feeling. I didn't want to lose it. 

The constant beeping sound followed me till here. I hope I don't loose it too. I know this is my only chance, and I have to take it. As I turned ahead, I then noticed the woman has turned her frown upside down and also gave me a beaming smile. At least it wasn't as scary as that fellow's in the small window. 

"Oh, I interesting. Now I know why you rushed here.   " Spoke the woman again. I didn't have time to notice her, because I saw a candle being thrown in my direction. It was an ordinary looking candle, the kind that spilled wax as it melted and was thumb sized. As I tried to observe it, I felt no sensation of the chair I was on. This begiled me but not as much as I thought since I realize what was happening.

I was sinking into the chair, slowly but gradually. I realize everything else was becoming a blur, and I gained a feeling that I would never see this again. I had to etch all this in my sight since it might be the last time I see it,till i scrutinized the worst the woman was mouthing to me.

It was, " see you soon."

But, I didn't care about the meaning behind that. A shocking and painful feeling enveloped me, that I had no choice but to open my eyes. 

I noticed a bright light infront of me, that was being pointed to my face, I heard the muffled sounds again, this time more clearly. The beeping also changed, and this time it was loud, too loud that it hurt my ears but it was different. It was a ding ding ding ding. I feel like I know I it from somewhere but I can't recall. Nevermind, I felt at peace and relieved the next moment while falling asleep. 

I had succeeded.

....

"Hehehe, what was that? I feel like you know. You must tell me. You know how I get when I'm curious."

"Wait till I put you in your place, chicken brain. Why do you always get morbidly curious for every little thing? How does your little brain even hold in all that information."

Annoying as always, this insidious little asshole always gets me in trouble with the boss. It's like he can't keep his curiosity to himself and always provokes everybody. I don't know how he became like this. it's not like it's my fault.

That eye that appeared above the clouds, why does it feel familiar?

 Oh, yes. I remember. Hahaahahahahahhahahhaha

"Hehehe, have you gone crazy too. Let me give you some pointers then. Destroy, crush, cause chaos and hehehe"

SHUT UP, I'm not crazy like you. I was just happy to see that eye broke out in my most happy smile.

"Hehehe, although I'm crazier than you, I can never replicate that insidious smile on your face. Always gives me chills. See? You even scared away that space eye that I was curious about."

"Nevermind that trivial stuff, let's not hold up our friends, the gifts are starting to get heavy."

"Hehehe, me too me too, they must now have expected what suprises we have for them. I will make sure they never forget. hahahahaaaa"

.......

AHH, my head. What is going on? Why am I all bandaged up.

I remember now, I was in an accident, and I was brought to the hospital for an emergency surgery.

I don't know why but I can recall waking up in the middle of surgery with a painful shock. I guess it was a defibrillator. Turns out I almost died huh. Or maybe did, I don't know.

Why can't I remember anything?

0