Chapter 10
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Being mind-blown, he didn't when he had stood up and pointed his finger at the flame in the man's hand. His finger was trembling and his mind shaken. He tried to speak but all that could come out of his mouth was a stutter. He spoke with amazement in his eyes.

"What's with that David Blaine s**t? Is this some kind of illusion? How are you doing this?"

After hearing his words, the security guard shook his head sideways and decided to dispel his distrust. All of a sudden, the soft crimson flame that was dancing on his hand suddenly started to float up, leaving its home and towards Gambit. One could see the air being distorted around it, seeming to fuel this fire but not expanding it. Like a graceful lady walking among the crowds, it moved gracefully and unhindered towards the face of the astonished man. It was at that moment he started to feel the temperature on his face increasing. This made him finally realize that it wasn't an illusion but it was truly happening.

He suddenly had an urge to move out of the way lest he got burned by this magical flame. However, before he did, the flame suddenly disappeared and the heat seemed to disappear the next moment. This weird situation gave him chills and made him shudder all over. 

"You don't have to be scared. It's just a little trick."

What little trick? Blaine wouldn't claim to do this! As this thought ran through his mind, he felt the urge to run away from this place. It was uncomfortable for him to come into contact with something this unexplainable. However, realizing this trend of thought, he felt ashamed immediately. Why would he be so scared of reality that he has to run back with a tail between his legs? At most, his perspective on life will change a little and this won't hurt him. Thinking about this, his mind suddenly became clear at the moment.

"I'm impressed. I thought you would start shouting how this isn't happening or that I'm a demon. It seems your mental fortitude is stronger than the norm. Now, do you wish to learn about magical world?"

"Yes, please."

After replying to the guard, he sat down and readied himself for the info dump of a lifetime. 

"As you can see, this is fire orchestration. It requires one to use the mind's pneuma and using that awareness plus the physical control of the elements present in the air to ignite a fire but still control its movements with your pneuma that's been awakened after an interaction with currently spinning space strings. Basically it takes an orchestra of different works to create this moving fireball."

His mind felt muddled and confused by the information, he could understand the words but when put together to form a sentence, he got lost. 

"So you mean wibbly wobbly then a fire came out. I will understand that later. My issue is, how is possible? Has it always been like that and have I been ignorant all this while?"

The middle aged security guard replied with some amused in his tone.

"You have some interesting ideas in your mind but the truth is, this world wasn't always like this. Everything was normal until a thousand years ago. While we humans were busy with the usual crusades, wars, slavery and having a fun time. All of a sudden, something strange happened. It was a kind of majestic pressure that came upon the entire world. Many people thought it was their respective gods and spirits descending on Earth. It was a horrifying time for many people across the world. Some started to repent, others thought the ice walls were about to collapse and flood the world. Some just ignored it while others despaired completely, living a luxury life by spending all the money they have saved up. After all, they thought it was the end of the world while merchants worked ten times harder since peoples were no longer restrained in their spending capabilities. Kingdoms almost fell as chaos swept the entire world. That event lasted for a week."

As the security guard was talking, Gambit couldn't help but think of how it was during those times, nobles afraid of the desperate rebels since they no longer cared about their lives. The chaos, the number of victims and causalities. He could only think of how the world seemed to be on fire and no hope was left in the world anymore.

"Well, it was pretty chaotic back then. Of course, this event lasted for only a week since after only five days, a voice swept across everyone's mind. It was in a language never heard of but everyone could hear it. It was like a voice of god to the people on Earth and its prestige was endless like a tide over a broken dam. The voice was kind but full of mockery at the same time, sweet but full of malicious intent, loud but it didn't disturb anyone's mind. It felt natural like the winds blowing but terrifying like an earthquake."

As he was listening to this man, he also felt curious as to why he knows this information since it was a thousand years ago. Obviously there wasn't any recording devices, unless it was written on a scroll. But who would believe random words on a scroll by those raconteurs aren't factual. As the the middle aged man guessed his thoughts again, he replied.

"I will tell you why later. First, let me continue my tale. As soon as the voice enters everyone 's ears, or mind for that matter, some scary words were spoke at that moment,

' you actually dared to harm me to this extent? I will let your hometown known despair and then swallow this little star field of yours. Then you will know the consequences of offending me.'

It was these words that terrified everyone to the core and nobody dared be presumptuous anymore.  Even those who thought they were about to transcend nirvana or enter heaven also felt despair at that moment. This didn't last long due to the next words that were spoken."

Feeling that this was the crucial moment of the story, Gambit suddenly perked up his ears and his eyes seemed to brighten more at that moment.

"Another equally majestic and prestigious voice also swept across the entire world. This voice was more cold and aloof but it lacked the maliciousness of the previous one. Also it felt gave off a more secure feeling. Like the warm tone of a mother but hoarse and lacking in emotion. These words were then spoken,

'third input achieved, requirements completed.'

It felt strange listening to those words those words that the world quieted down in confusion. That was followed by terrified voice that was completely different from the previous malicious and arrogant tone.

 'No, no. It can't be! How is this possible! That's the....the..... the freakin fourth-'

Without waiting for the now scared voice to complete its sentence, other strange words followed the emotionless voice,

'Fourth orchestral string activated. Summoning the dao"

0