High Placed Terrace
43 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

June stared down at the streets below. The people walking around seemingly small and insignificant. However it had a certain charm to it. You could see and watch as people go about their short yet long lives. A sense of superiority and inferiority entangling each other, giving you a sense of enthrallment. Although it would be even more thrilling if you would just lean a little bit closer to the edge…

“June! Dinners ready!” The shout of June's mother bringing her mind back from the sweet whispers of the void below. June slowly leaned back as she felt her body seemed heavier. Her mind, lethargic. 

“What was I just thinking..?” June whispered to herself, questioning her sanity. 

“Nothing much, you were just thinking about whether you should jump or not.” The smooth and seductive voice of the man behind her scared June stiff. 

She could hear her heart-beat rage in her ears, her throat dry as she tried to swallow. The mellow voice of the man continued to speak, even with June not looking back. “Do you wish to jump? Go ahead, it's quiet thrilling if I do say so myself~”

The man drawled, his voice containing an irresistible temptation. As the mans words echoed in June's mind, June could feel her mind growing slower and slower. Almost as if she was trapped in the dangerous but enticing web of a spider, her strength and will dissipating. With fear and desperation encroaching her mind, June couldn’t stop her body from trembling uncontrollably. 

“Scared? Then do you wish for me to give you a little… push?” Although June didn’t dare to look behind her, she could very well tell that the man was smiling. A cold chill seeping deep into her marrow. 

Soon June felt weightless. …She was falling.

Falling…

Falling!

Before she could open her mouth to scream, June felt a blunt and piercing pain as June realized she had fallen onto the person bellow’s balcony rail. Blood spurted from between her pale from fright lips, dying them an eerily fascinating crimson. Adrenaline pumping in her veins and bitter pain fighting for dominance, soon a new feeling entered the war. Hope. Dear, sweet lovely hope. 

June used all her remaining strength to hold onto the railing, trying her best to use her weight so that she may fall on to the floor of the balcony. However, before she could even get half her body onto the other side of the railing, the bewitching voice of the man once again resounded in her desperately hoping mind. 

“Nah ah ahh~” A beautiful and slender deathly pale finger swung back in forth in front of her twisted face, hypnotic but dreadful. June watched dazedly as the enchanting finger slowly touched between her brows. June continued to watch as the man applied more and more pressure, until she was once again falling into the abyss of despair and pain. 

Once again, sanity stealing and mind wrenching pain flooded her senses. June opened her dyed red lips to desperately scream her agony, hoping even if just a little, it could numb the pain. 

June watched with wide eyes as she gazed down at her stomach, her guts and blood intertwining into what could almost be mistaken as a lovely tender flower blooming from her stomach. Sadistic beauty, enchanting and thrilling. The taboo of it giving them a high no drug could give. Although June certainly didn’t feel that way. After all, how could she possibly find this beautiful? She found it absolutely surreal and terrifying! 

“Do you wish to die?” A white haired and white eyed man wearing a crimson three piece suit languidly walked towards June’s twitching and writhing mess of a body. The man had a dark grey shirt, black tie and vest. His pants and suit jacket crimson, matching June’s blooming flower of guts and blood. Although June didn’t have the mind to appreciate the man’s gorgeous beauty. 

June stared at the man with fear, overwhelming and oppressive fear. She should hate him to the very bone, but she couldn’t. She feared him far too much to even consider the possibility of hate or revenge. That’s if she could even survive. She was at this man's demonic mercy, a very gruesome mercy. He could either put June out of her misery, leave her be or torture her more. See? A very gruesome and cruel mercy.

“D-Die?” June repeated. She couldn’t make sense out of his words. All she could feel was numb pain and the coldness of her body as the warmth of her blood oozed out of her. Staining her clothes and staining the spear like tip of the fence. She had fallen on one of the edges of the fence, it had mutilated and mangled her stomach. Definitely not a clean cut, for that matter it couldn’t really be a cut. It was mostly just tearing and ripping.

…Very painful ripping

“Yes. If you wish to die, I'll torture you till you wish to live. I will let you bloom beautifully, bloom till you rot. Or… you may remain a pure and cute bud. Never to bloom and never to rot.” The man said with a polite yet sardonic smile as he spoke of morbid fantasies. 

“Li- Live. Let me live!” She hadn’t wanted to jump. She hadn’t wanted to die. She had only teased the thought, she would have never actually committed to it. She wanted to live! She was so young, she had so much to give and do. She hadn’t even eaten her adopted mother’s cooking yet!

She had a painful life? Yes, but she had just started anew with her adopted mother. She wanted to fall in love— to have friends and to go to school for the first time! She just… 

The man cut her thoughts just like the fence had cu- this analogy doesn’t work. 

The man opened his mouth, cutting off her words of regret. “I see.” The man said simply. 

June looked up at the man, thinking he looked awfully conceded and arrogant by looking down at her. Like he was trying to put her into his shadow. June allowed her dyed red crimson lips to hook up into a rueful smile. She felt this all absurd. But it had happened, she didn’t know how, but it did— and so easily at that.

The man smiled ruefully in response. However to June, it looked like a mocking smile. She feared him, she feared him greatly. So no matter how arrogant he looked, one glance of his would make June’s whole body go weak and shake with fear. Even if she were to get amnesia, she would definitely still unconsciously fear this man. That is again, if she can survive.

“You can, because you wish to live. As long as you have the will to live, you will be able to push through the gloomy and dark clouds above you; if there’s a will, there’s a way.” The man whispered, his words filled with unmatched sorrow and regret. If one was paying close enough attention, one could tell that the man spoke each word as if he cherished them. Treating this advice as a treasure.

Before June could process the man's words, June once again felt pain. Not a physical, but a mental pain. 

***

“Doctor! She's awake!” June heard the voice of a young woman shout as soon as she opened her heavy eyelids. 

Ah, she remembers. She had jumped off her terrace. She had promised with her adopted mother to start anew. But her mother simply had to go and die, huh? She couldn’t take it so she had tried to commit suicide. 

I wonder what that man had said? 

“As long as you have the will to live, you will be able to push through the gloomy and dark clouds above you; if there’s a will, there’s a way.”

…I wonder if I could live like that? Maybe I should try, for my mother if not for me.

June laughed sarcastically at herself before once again closing her eyes to sleep. She was tired, very tired. But at least she had hope. Dear, sweet lovely hope.

She fears that man, but funnily enough, he had given her purpose. Even if it was just a dream.

---

A man dressed gorgeously chuckled as he saw June awaken and once again fall asleep. “It seems that it worked. Now, continue to live a bright and full of hope life. Never to want to jump from that high placed terrace.” His words sarcastic and mean, however if one saw his expression, one could see how bitterly sorrowful he was.

“As long as you have the will to live, you will be able to push through the gloomy and dark clouds above you; if there’s a will, there’s a way.” He mumbled to himself, chewing over every word. 

Then, a smile bloomed across his face. A smile that couldn’t hide his emotions. He looked like he was about to cry. But he couldn’t. Not unless he was in the arms of that person. But that person wasn’t with him, at least not yet.

“Ah, I really hate dear, sweet lovely hope. It makes me continue on no matter how broken and stained I become. Ahh, whatever. When did I ever care, hmm?” 

After saying his piece, the man simply turned away and left.

Like how that man appeared suddenly and quietly, he disappeared suddenly and quietly; almost as if he never existed. 

____________________

T^T

2