Honeyed Candlelight
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yun Xi, how do you feel?" A man asked warmly, his voice like a mellow breeze. Yun Xi could hear the sound of russling paper, the smell of old books wafting gently towards him.

"Alright." Yun Xi responded lightly. The warmth of the crackling fire melting his tension, and melting all restless thoughts. His body didn't feel listless, no, it felt relaxed. As if he was being embraced by a familiar warmth.

"And your eyes?" The man asked again, his voice blending in with the calm and comforting ambiance. All Yun Xi could hear was the lullaby like noises that seemed to sound almost lazy, and also made him feel sleepy.

"Also fine." Yun Xi replied in a sleepy and dazed voice, truly too comforting was this room and this person.

"Good~" Zhi Liang said with a slight lift at the end, obviously in a better mood after having his concerns be put to rest. 

As Yun Xi drifted between dreams and reality, he could hear the soft taps of Zhi Liang's footsteps. After a pause, Yun Xi felt the gentle caress of Zhi Liang, this careful and affectionate touch made Yun Xi's sleepy heart fill with a honey like sweetness. Although he couldn't see him, he could also tell that Zhi Liang's heart was also warmed by the fire. 

Just like Zhi Liang had once said, honey and the warmth of the hazy orange light of the fire, truly was very comforting, especially when he was being accompanied by the person he loved.

-FIN- 

Author dearest has something to say!

Yun Xi is blind, so what I wanted to do was to build a warm and comfortable place with touch, sound, and smell. Of course, I also did so with the help of the nostalgic warmth of his dear and sweet like honey lover! Fun fact, author isn't the biggest fan of honey, but Yun Xi is!

1