Between the Snow And The Eaves
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Would you like some tea?"

If one goes through a small alleyway, under the snowy sky, and up to a small door, one could find Old Liu's tea shop. The door lay under the traditional building's eaves and above the snow laden ground. On the left and right of the door, one could find a pot filled with small, well kept bamboo plants.

Through the door, what welcomes you is a warm environment and the calm aroma of tea and herbs, as well as the fresh scent of bamboo. Simple and filled with folklore ornaments lay strewned about, just waiting for a chance to tell you it's stories. 

Out of all things in this tea shop, I think Old Liu has the most to say though. After all, this may be called a tea shop but it's mostly just a place to relax and talk. Talk of both sorrow and joy, silly and solemn tales. And if you would like, you could also listen to the ramblings of Old Liu. 

Sometimes, you could see stray cats and the like hanging about his shop, some shy while others bold. You see, Old Liu adores those fluffy little things, his heart goes soft at just their cute little meows. So if you like, you could maybe take one home. 

Now, let's listen as Old Liu talks with his usual company, Shen Qiu. Shen Qiu, a young and full of life man was once only that of scrawny, dirty skin and bones when Old Liu found him. The poor boy was abandoned by his parents and was taken in by a kind old grandma who died just a week ago when he found the boy. With Old Liu's soft heart, he just couldn't ignore the boy. So, like how he would take in stray cats, he took in in the boy. 

Now enough with the past, let's focus on the present.

"Came to visit? Black tea right?" The forty year old, Old Liu laughed as he spoke. 

"Yeah." The stoic young man just nodded coldly, his eyes the opposite of his demeanor. 

"Ha! Okay, well, what is it you want to talk about?" Old Liu asked as he took out a black tea set with beautiful red flowers blooming aross it.

"Nothing in particular." The young man watched as Old Liu deftly began making tea, his movements swift with practice.

"Oh. Well then, would you like to talk about how your bamboo plants have taken over my shop?" Old Liu joked as a soft smile bloomed across his face.

Shen Qiu also couldn't help but let his lips quirk up before joking back, "They have just only now started taking over?"

With an exaggerated angry face, Old Liu yelled, "Only now!? They have long since covered it!"

Shen Qiu snorted out of laughter before giving a brilliant smile to Old Liu. Old Liu, who currently looked like he had recieved the best present had to sip his tea to calm down.

As you can see, laughter and simple joys are the best when spent with another.

-FIN-

Author dearest has something to say!

Wow. Old Liu and Shen Qiu are the true joys! Bamboo apocalypse! 

1