Devil’s Proof
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Devil's proof, while there is evidence to prove it, a lack of evidence leaves no room to disprove it.

What could be considered the Devil's proof? Well, it's mostly the supernatural. However, I would like to bring another such example that has nothing to do with the supernatural. Although it's not truly the Devil's proof, after all it's real. But that is just my claim after all.

What I would like to bring to the table is my own story. A story about Eliot, a world weary man and Keith, a man who had been deeply traumatized by his past. 

This story was supposed to portray a love between these two, one about healing and finding closure. Finding comfort in one another. 

Here is a passage in the POV of Keith: Although Eliot was not like the blazing sun that could light up the sky like I had always wished for, he instead was like the soft, warm and hazy glow of a fire. Although it couldn't immediately brighten my gloomy and somber world, it could still bring a comfort that no dazzling sun could. He brough warmth and a safe place that I could rest and confide in without worry.

Another passage in the POV of Eliot: Keith to me is like a beacon of light. A beacon of light to bring hope and to guide me in the world I thought to be a silent black. Even if following this light made my silent world chaotic and storming, I would still choose to follow his light. He brought me hope, he brought me color, but most importantly he brought me into the light. 

However, by the time it was publized, it was suddenly changed into a friendship. Their love and feelings changed. Their kiss? Now a hug!

As you can see, I am tired. 

Instead of having their relationship as something that can only be speculated about, I wish for it to shine in the light. 

But I guess there is a reason why it's called Devil's proof, huh?

***

Author dearest has something to say!

Wow. You see, author dearest wanted to write a little something about when creators wanted to show a relationship that's not hetero, and it gets censored. Of course this is not always, but it happens. 

0