10 Understanding Eachother
813 12 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Warning to anyone who has parent issues or trust issues with family this chapter will be covering some heavy stuff and some of this might be a little heartbreaking to you. You have been warned.

 

<Tokito POV>

  My hands on my neck, I try with great difficulty to stop Calamity from choking me.

In many different tones of women and men voices it starts yelling at me, "Listen here you dumb little twit that thinks himself a survivalist! You've no idea what you're doing, much less ask decently smart questions, which could've avoided half of the situations you've gone through  today.  At the beginning of the day when making camp was fine, but then you didn't pay attention to where you were touching and grabbed the Blue Vine Cobra. Then you have the audacity to not even try to negotiate or make a single deal in obtaining a Gandua fruit! Not only did you miss an opportunity to raise skills in taming, deal making, or wish system pricing! You didn't even think about using any elemental magic or create attacking skills. And in that perilous situation, you didn't try to think for yourself on how to get out of it! We intentionally suggested a wish you shouldn't do yet at your level, hoping that you'd have thought of a way to escape the Fire Jaded Tigon by yourself! You could've wished for its senses to be dulled for a few minutes or for it to be stunned, and it would've worked because your luck is way higher and the consequences would've been small. Escaping using camouflage would've been all you needed to do, but no! You wish for a ginormous herbivore to appear instead! Any other creatures or monsters that popped up from that wish should've killed you. In fact, there was a higher chance to be swept down the stream by a huge mutated Tanto or trampled by many smaller groups of herbivores monsters. Instead, by some miracle, a Golden Sand Hiphon arrives in the nick of time saving your keister, decides not squish you to smithereens, and want to be your tamed. You've had the luckiest day to somehow stay surviving and possibly gain a powerful ally, but you want to say no!"

Calamity's voices start getting lower, slowly loosening its grip on my neck. Keeping my hands on the necklace, I search for a latch, but to no avail. I keep myself prepared in case the god starts chocking me again. Calamity continues talking to me, but in a single neutral calmer tone of voice.

"We don't know whether to laugh at your stupidity or cry in worrying at how many chances you have been letting go. Do you not yet understand that this is another world and that you can no longer place your survival logic here. Have you yet to come to terms with everything or do think in the back of your head that this could still possibly be a dream."

 

I regard my current, then respond. "I don't know Calamity.... I've yet to process anything yet. Plus I'm simply following instructions of the books and documentaries I've read in the past year. Part of me understands what's going on, but at the same I'm trying to not think about it. Besides I'm just an energy gate for you."

"Tokito, you might be our energy conduit, but we still think of you as our son. Not all gods and goddesses can have children like humans. We're created from the thoughts and emotions of the many different life forms across time and space. We are powerful, but even we can't do everything. We're a type of god, who have children by either combining our energy with other gods or leaving energy in remote spaces so that it may gain awareness, such as we have. However, if we forcefully erect a race by ourselves, only mindlessly destructive monsters will be born. Especially since our energy is compatible and adopting you through sad means, you're the closest existence we've had to being our child...."

I stare down at Calamity, do you truly see me as your son..... or am I just being tricked into pacification. My aunt, the only family I had left, didn't really care for me. She just took me in, gave me the minimum care so she'd be paid by the court system. She, along with those bank robbers, are all money greedy people who deserve to rot..... Being a god, you won't care about material wealth, but there's still that motive for me being here.... I'll watch how you act. Please don't betray my trust.'

 

.......

 

Then a certain hippo/elephant, forgotten in the background, chose to intrude.

"........This is all a very sweet and touching moment, but can you please give me a name? Also, please don't make it whatever you've been thinking of when you go hippo elephant creature. I'd like a strong, but elegant name. Also, don't forget our slithery little friend, who's still unconscious. It's for the best you dealt with it to level up."

 

Both me and Calamity stare at the hippo/elephant thing and give it the 'seriously' look. "Did you seriously interrupt my first intimate conversation with my son you b********" 

 

<Author- "yeah I just did that">

 

After Calamity lets out a spew of profanities at the Golden Sand Hiphon it decided its name in my place.

"You'll be henceforth named Berry. You don't deserve a cool name, heck it's already a privilege a god is giving you a name." 

 

 

With those last few words, Calamity said I should sleep soon, closes its eye for the night.

I finally muster the courage to speak after an eternity, "Ummmm, that could have been much better (or maybe not, it's hard to say). Well Berry, I'll kill the snake then go to my tent. Please watch my clothes so they don't burn, Goodnight!" and that's what I did for for my first day on Sultra.

24