17 Leaving the Jungle & Fighting the Past
430 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The second Tokito steps across the barrier borderline, a notification rings off.

Ding!

[ You have left the high Nature spirits barrier!]

Ding!

[ Your wish skills have leveled up! Random Wish lv 4, Chaotic Random Wish box lv3]

Ding!

[The Wish Price Rules has acknowledged your transaction and will not punish you with karmic retribution]

Ding!

[ Congratulation! Your first wish transaction was with a higher spirit! You will be given +15 lck as both parties received items beneficial from the trade! The Wish Pricing rules will keep watch of you from now on!]

Not paying attention to the notification, Tokito runs ,tracing back the path he ran to escaping the Balbas.

"Calamity speak to me, please!? What the heck just happened!?"

Calamity's mouth pops open then breaths out heavily; opening and closing it like a goldfish. After massaging its mouth, Calamity sighs in relief, "Tokito calm down. First off what you went through was only faintly serious, but could have been much worse..... The Balbas were technically a test of sorts. Berry would've intervened if you became too injured, but you chose differently from our expectations."

Tokito halts for a second to stare at Calamity, too tired to care though he frowns then continues to run towards camp.

"You were supposed to stop in front of the sand sea and duke it out, but you ran for the jungle instead. Berry couldn't intervene without letting himself be known to you and the Balbas, but then you got injured. He would've saved you if you hadn't ran into the high spirits barrier. The minute you did though, he lost all trace of you as the barrier blocked his senses from seeking you out. The only reason this jungle hasn't been flattened is because your tamer link together still exist. As for me, I couldn't do anything as a high spirits barrier is similar to holy ground." Calamity finishes as we reach camp.

Tokito shook up, yells, "That's so messed up! I could've been killed or brought back as their emergency food! What would you do then!?" Tokito glares harshly at Calamity, then at Berry's back coming into view as he enters camp.

Calamity becomes silent as Berry sensing his tamer, turns to face an upset Tokitos. Knowing the tiny one would be ruffled by his ordeal, Berry attempts to appease his anger.

"Tiny one, I guess the mean eye has told you what we planned. I'm sorry for pushing into that dangerous scenario, but know that we never meant your life to be in peril. Had you faced the Balbas, after 5 minutes I would've up snuck up behind you to scare them away. Never in my wildest imagination would I have thought you'd run into the jungle! This test was to show how much stronger you since arriving to this jungle. It was an encouragement boost if you will."

Tokito losing some of his anger, but not all of it, packs everything that wasn't already in his chaos space. Finishing, he mounts Berrys' back then tells him to head West.

Calamity stunned says, "wait, Tokito we should head sou-"

"No! I've followed your orders since we've been here and you push a horrible test on me out of nowhere then expect me continue to do as you want like its nothing! No matter how good the intentions are, what you did was a really sh*ty move! I might still listen to some advice, but we're going to do what I want for a while, and I want to go West!" Tokito exhausted from his outbirst, lays down.

Berry, now understanding how Tokito feels, moves westward towards the jungles borderlands. Tired, but not sleepy, Tokito decides to question Calamity, "How did you get those hulking blue gorillas to camp?"

"We didn't especially help the Balbas as much as you think we did. We simply fell a few trees on their side, which they used to make a bridge... that was all Berry by the way. In fact, you lead the Balbas to yourself with that fire of yours. It was very easy to track since you always kept it lit; the smoke was practically used as a (I am here) sign. Like I've said to you before, for a survivalist, you choose make stupid actions that should've killed you by now. This test was to show you see what to prepare when setting up camps in the future."

Astonished, Tokito emotions derail from hearing what Calamity said. Ashamed, ask, "What did you mean 'you couldn't do anything since we were in the spirits barrier' ?"

Calamity hesitates for the first time in its existence.

"Remember Tokito, although we're a god, the necklace on you can be considered our finger nail. The rest of my body's still in the spatial rift and cannot aid you without facing dire ramifications. In an area of a higher beings, both of our energies clashed and mine obviously lost. This small piece, could've easily been destroyed and nothing you did would be able stop the spirit. Which is why the piece had to be very still and hide in your chaotic aura."

Suddenly, Tokito remembers what Calamity whispered to him.

"Why did you tell me to eat a leaf then? Wouldn't that upset it to hurt you or me?"

Giving a quizzical look, Calamity goes on to say, "Part of me was hoping the spirit would've denied the wishes and stay asleep, but I was incorrect in my assumptions. The spirit wouldn't harm you either way though, since you're part Quabet, all you'd experience is a few years  spending time with it; they feel loneliness being so long-lived so it would likely request your company. Instead you only needed to grant three wishes in exchange for a Yggdrasil leaf.....a much steeper price than I thought, but it worked out perfectly in the end."

"Ok....., but wait! Why did it say it was expecting a djinn? What is the difference between a dgin and a djinn?" Tokito questions out loud not really expecting an answer.

Calamity rising up into the air facing Tokito says in a heavy voice, "Because Djinns are what originally what gave wishes when trade or wish pricing. Unlike their Genie siblings, Djinns form in high concentration of chaos, taking fifty to sixty years to form, then solely live off chaos one fully grown, however the peace stopped that. In the begining, Djinns could shape shift to anything they desires and in their human forms would either be colored red, yellow, or purple having no facial features except two eyes and hair. Soon enough, to stop their extinction, Djinns absorbed mana and spirit energy to live, but this is very incompatible for their bodies. As their numbers continue to lowered still, they were forced to mate with other races to live. After 40 years of peace, they startedto notice their powers and features were changing, but not for the better. Their wishing abilities degraded and soon enough many powerful Djinns devolved to become weakened Dgins. But with chaos returning, if you absorb enough chaos energy you could change to a full Djinn, and receive the true wish skill."

Tokitos brain couldn't handle so much information, soon tuckered from Calamitys history lesson, falls asleep as Berry crosses into the sand sea.

*********
In a red room looking out onto a balcony, sitting at a beige table a unicornam is plotting....

 

"Lido, have you pinpointed the location on the emission of chaos?" Versco ask his secretary as he partakes his afternoon snack of sourmint blazing cookies .

"Not yet your eminence, our instruments are being obscured by something of great power. The researches are doing everything in their capacity to find the energy readings." says a black unicornam bows showing off his gold cracked horn. Standing his grey hair and goatee brush against his pink butler outfit .

"Keep up the work with haste. The minute you locate chaos emissions, send some personnel to protect the source. I'm sure some of the other members are attempting to locate the source just as us, but the for exact opposite purpose. I don't have to tell you how important it is we properly secure the chaos source first, no." Versco finishes his snack, wipes his mouth with a grey handkerchief.

"Of course my liege." Lido takes away the empty food tray, saunters off to find if there new reports on the energy readings.

*********

 

'Tokito wake up!' Calamity screams in Tokitos mind. 'We will be reaching the borderline of the jungle soon. Since you want to leave so badly it is for the best you put your turban on. In fact take both turbans out and wrap one one of them around your face as well. Qaubets are not seen that often outside non-populated areas, even on the move, and your without a quad. People will just assume your out to make a quad yourself, since you don't have the exile markings, but if they see your part Dgin they'll question who your parents are. Like the tree spirit said, if people find out you are part Dgin, tell them your a price, but only if they find out.'

Tokito hearing this, opens his eyes to find it was late evening, soon the colorful jungle changes into a normal  forest of various greens the further Berry waled. Sitting up, Tokito did as what Calamity suggested, but couldn't as he heard rustling coming from the surrounding bushes.

"Seems we were followed by one of the predators that stuck around the camp. Don't worry I'll take care it, just jump off my back and it'll only take me a moment." Berry says laying down to let Tokito off.

"No.... Let me fight it...., whatever it is. I wanted to survive in the wilderness by myself originally, but that's the exact opposite of what I've been doing. It's time I really do try to fight without help or simply relying on luck." Tokito hops off Berrys' back, holds his Rambo knife ready to face the enemy.

Berry steps back, "I'll be here, remember hunt with your life as the most important fact to yourself. Retreat if you know you can't beat it."

Tokito nods, thn rushes knife first at the rustling bushes. Pouncing out of the red greenish leaves, over Tokito, was an unsightly Fire Jaded Tigon. It seemed to gone through some recent scuffle and hadn't eaten for days.

Tokito didn't let his guard down. Bringing his arms in a low hand guard position, in his left hand held the Rambo in a reverse knife grip. He circles around the Tigon making sure to keep his feet light so as not to trip on loose rocks. The Tigon anxious keeps up with Tokito uses [intimidate roars] in order to paralyze Tokito in place. Tokito flinches and that's when the Tigon swipes at him with [fire claws]. Tokito stumbles but dodges under the Tigon and swipes hitting the armpit. The Tigon falling back on its good paw yowls in fury and activates [earth spike], but Tokito flips backwards out of the way of spikes until his feet lands onto the side of a tree. Tokito activates [ice touch], his Rambo frosting over in ice and he springs off the tree in the direction of the Tigon. The Tigon sees him jump at it and leaps mouth opened wide to bite into Tokitos arm. Instead the Tigon catches the Rambo between its jaded teeth freezing its jaw onto the blade causing the two to fall entangled onto the sand almost causing Tokito to be pinned underneath. Tokito raises the Rambo and takes advantage of the Tigons distraction of momentary loss of jaw movement retrieves one of the paralyzing fangs from his chaos space. He stabs into the neck of the Tigon that has been trying to claw at him. The Tigon now paralyzed from the poison running through its veins stills bleeds, the blood dropping onto Tokito face and drenching his clothes. Tokito breathing heavily, untangles himself from the Tigon peers into its eyes. The Tigon wheezes through its slightly frozen jaw in pain, stares back, but ultimately closes its eyes resigning to its fate. Tokito swiftly thrust into its heart with the paralyzing fang, ending its suffering. He kneels before his preys fallen body, and silently prays for the first time since coming to Sultra.

Tokito Hazami

Lv:12 ^3 ->15

[Species: Dgin/ qaubet ]

[Traits: camouflage lv 8(active), high alert sense lv Max (passive), lucky encounters lv 4 (passive) , { chaotic energy absorbing lv 4 (active)} Heat resistance lv 9 (passive), Cold resistance lv 7 (passive) , poison resistance lv 4 (passive), Curse reflect lv 1 (passive) , {Chaos emitter lv Max (passive)}, {Chaos aura lv 6}, great caution lv 3^2 ->lv 5, acute hearing lv 4^1-> lv 5, acute smelling lv 3, keen eye sight lv 4, mana eyesight lv 2, iron stomach lv 4, iron tongue lv 2]

[Titles:{ Person of another world }, {envoy of ?????}, {child of ?????}, {living gate}, Wanderer, Survivor of sure destruction, Wish elemental, Absent Minded One-> Quick Thinker, Rott Eater, Limit Breaker]

[Job: Scavenger lv 8^1 -> lv 9, Tamer lv 7]

[Skills: foraging lv 6, butchering lv Max, random wish lv 3, danger sense lv 7 (passive), taming lv 4, {chaotic space lv 3},{ random chaotic wish box lv 2}, analyze lv 10, deal maker lv 2, crafting lv 11, Even Breathing lv 6^2 -> lv 8 (passive), fast reflexes lv 8^2 -> lv Max , climb lv 5, fire punch lv 3, fire breath lv 2,fire shot lv 3, ice breath lv 4, ice touch lv 4^1 -> lv 5, earth shot lv 3, earth spikes lv 4, earth shield lv 2, earth wall lv 5]
[Tamed: Golden Sand Hiphon(Berry)]
Stats: Hp +137,  Atk +112, Def +83, Agl +126, Mag 273/298, Lck + 382]

19