48 Fall Back Plan
40 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Labyrinth Boss room

<3r PoV>

 

Tokito hugged tightly on Calamity's egg.

Something was off.  His other senses were on high alert since his eyes were tight shut  needing to re-adjust. He could hear screaming and smelled... blood! 

His eyes snapped open. "What are you guys doing?!" Tokito shout alarmed.

Nahele, Aukia and a sickly Gilbert was battling the cursed waif.

 More precisely, the partially growing bloody red dress had seemingly grew a mind of its own floated to protect the waif. The dress wields the ax onto its shoulder and brutally slashes down into Naheles' arm cutting it half way off. Before the dress finished attacking, Aukai kicks past it at the hungry waifs head forcing the creature to deflect the blow. Gilbert hid behind the children trying his best to give healing support, but it was evident from his nosebleed that the priest wouldn't last forever.  With the boss unfinished, the kids having little battle experience and Gilbert nearly keeled over, the fight was surprisingly at a deadlock.

"System... Wh-why are Nahele and Aukai fighting the cursed waif!?" he stammers.

  The answer was unlike what Tokito first speculated.

[There are one-two many opposing God domains residing within the unstable Labyrinth. Time couldn't be suspended as too many conflicting laws would cause spatial cataclysm.

When the Labyrinth guest disappeared, the Boss [Starving Queen], assumed the attacker kidnapped you. Vice versa, your offspring surmised that the boss [Starving Queen] transported you to a trap room. The priest as the main attacker was forced into combat as the [Laws of Engagement] erected a barrier preventing any possible escape.]

Contemplating how he could fix this stupid situation from turning into a worst fiasco, a notification rings.

Warning! [ If the cursed host dies possessing the Berserker Queens ax, there's a 50% chance the curse will dissipate resulting in mission failure!] 

Alarmed, Tokito swiftly converge to disrupt the battle, but a resistant force ceases his advancement.

Warning! [Participating in a Labyrinth Boss will automatically revoke guest status will negate all potential future transactions!]

Powerless to physically reach them, Tokito thought of a new plan. Maybe a bright light could get their attention.

 A circle opens summing the bolt horse, Alaula. She neighs and whinnies angrily, "What is it that you want now pervert?!"

Tokito massages his temples for patience,"... Alaula can you get their attention?" he points to the battle.

She nods then sets off lightening sparks into the air, but the lightening show doesn't seem to catch their attention, the bloody brawl continues.

This is strange... Why isn't anything working? Could I be missing something.

 Observing the room, Tokito notices that he couldn't hear the fighting anymore. In fact, at the moment Alaula came, my side of the room dimmed a lot. Its as if, the area between us have been encompassed by an impassable invisible wall. Blocking any and all interference.

Looks as if the laws of physics don't apply like my original world. If only I played some of those DND games instead of just watching the Cr*cadile Hunter...  

Which reminds me.. 

Some of my skills aren't locked. I could try making something to get their attention. But there's still a possibility that using those skills could be seen as an attack. What do you think Calamity?

Looking down at my empty neck, it finally dawned on me.

Oh. Right... Calamity isn't here anymore...  Guess the good news is that now there's literally nothing collaring me down. Should be easy to solve as long as nothing else happens-

Creek!

Oh c'mon! He aha kēia manawa?!

I peer past the carnage and Alaula to see the doors open inwards revealing Belace and Luxtin dragging... a half dead waiter? 


 

Belace grinds her feet to a halt, nearly causing Luxtin to drop the waiter. He yells, "what the heck are you doing old bat!"

She points, "Unless ya wanna fight that thing, we can't go any further than this!"

"They'll get killed if we don't do som'thin!" Luxtin tries to sing to calm everyone but his attempts are futile. 

 While the elf and singer were busy, Tokito hurriedly puts the god egg and Alaula in his chaos space before joining them. Belace changes from dismay to delight as she spots Tokito jogging over.

"Tokito!?"

"Belace!"

"Bro!"

"...Thief..." Tokito says forgetting rat boys name. 

"Hey!"

"Shhhh! Too much hostility will draw over the Boss! We don't need be dealin' all heavy injured as we are!" Belace glances back to make sure the creature didn't noticed them. The mouse humanoid wasn't about to be detoured though as he started showing his diva side.

"Grr! Boss! You better give me a redo on our deal. Whatever you sprayed me with messed up my snout." Luxtin squeezes his nose in emphasis. "Everything stinks of fucking piss, gunpowder, and blood! Oh man, I can even smell those guys sewer sludge from here. Annn... I don't know how much how longer I can stand this-

Toktio grabs Luxtins' shoulders, "Wait. Repeat that."

Luxtin was bewildered. "... I want a redo-"

"No. After that-"

"I don't know how long I can stand this-"

Tokito shakes, "Before that. Tell me exactly what you said. IN. THE. MIDDLE!"

"Everything stinks? This place smells horrible-" Toktio clasp Luxtins' mouth shut as he studied this new information.

  Odors are still coming through, which means the area can't be completely isolated... but how can- 

Belace violently shook Tokito seeing that Luxtin was about to drop from lack of air.

"Tokito let go of your hand!"

"huh?" Tokito looks down then quickly lets go before Luxtin could faint. Tokito then turns to Belace, "Are there any strong stink items that can get these guys attention?"

Looking into her bag, Belace shakes her head, " I gots monster lure, but it won't do them any good - Gilbert!"

 Gilbert had finally fallen after praying one too many healing spell. The priest pale complexion constituting from the amount of blood pooling from his three orifices.  

With no more time, Tokito hurriedly took out the left over Tigen meat from his Chaos space. Grey blood cascaded over Tokito's arm from the meat that was imbued with too much chaos, unleashing a putrid spicey odor nearly causing everyone to keel over and bark. That is everyone except a dirty child figure running towards a kneeling green faced Toktio

-

The Starving Queen ax barely grazes over Aukai's neck before it suddenly stopped. It felt...  off. Like the hunger in its stomach was quenched. Why could it be feeling this? How could it be feeling this? It was the embodiment of its vessels hunger. So how could it feel full-

Wait... Where is the vessel?

A pulse ran through its connection causing Starving Queen to look back. Its host was beside the guest that had disappeared earlier... and eating their fill.

Everyone became uneasy as the room stilled with only the sounds of chewing echoing. No one could understand what was going on until a chime was heard.

Ding!


 

<3rd POV>

From the void Calamity and various gods stare through the spatial mirror at Tokito feeding the waif.

“This outcome was not in the calculations. And now without your god piece we can’t warn him of dangers to come. How do we proceed?”

The mechanical god notes.

“Better yet I want to know how had the power to be able to dislodge you from his neck ” The wish god asks bored while painting their nails.


 

He aha kēia manawa -> What is it this time


YIaPY44.pngNGlPLtm.png Starving Queen

0