Prologue: The end of a family
65 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was an ambush, in the dead of night when the dark sky above the grand Jin Family manor lit up an ominous purple.

It didn't take long, only a few seconds, for the many great masters of the clan to take notice of the change. Even those locked away in secluded cultivation quickly rose to the sky to see who dared to come to their home.

Of the many immortal masters now floating in the sky above the manner, one figure stood out easily, draped in golden robes, his inky black hair flowing freely in the turbulent air of the night sky. The Head of the Jin family Jin Chen

"WHAT FOOL HAS COME TO DIE TODAY!" Jin Chen's voice shook the heavens the air around him rippling and distorting like silk.

The ground bellow was now full of spectators, consisting of the many weaker members of the family come to watch the battle that was about to transpire wholly confident in the formation protecting the grounds of the manner.

Appearing just behind the shimmering purple barrier that many of those with greater sight have noticed surrounds the manner for a significant distance is a man that cuts a no less impressive figure to Jin Chen draped in turquoise robes. 

"XIAO AN YOU DARE" Jin Chen's cuts out his eyes open in shock his teeth grinding in anger. Xiao An the current head of the Xiao family of the Bloom Empire one of the five great families along with the Jin.

"Jin Chen you should be thanking me," Xiao An says a happy smile playing at his lips "I've finely come to put your mutt of a family out of its misery"

Let it never be said that the Masters of the Jin family have thick skin, one insult is all it took to send nearly all the Jin masters to strike out at Xiao An for his insult though only one of them actually moves.

Jin Chen moves like lighting his full cultivation brazenly on display, An Emperor dragons among men the pinnacle of the world an unstoppable seemingly eternal force. 

Jin Chen focuses his energy in his fist coving it in his radiant golden aura, there is no technique with no special skill, there is no need no barrier can hold the power of a mighty emperor.

Jin Chens' mighty golden fist stricks parallel with the insufferable smirking face of Xiao An. 

His aura crashes against the barrier like a great wave the golden light coating it like mud obscuring the other side from sight. 

But it doesn't piece nor cracks against the strike that would destroy mountains and form valleys.

As the golden energy subsides like the tide there are three distinct reactions the joyful laughing of Xiao An, the shock gazes of all the members of the Jin member those in the sky and on the ground and the pained cry of Jin Chen.

"Jin Chen As I said I came to put you and your family out of your misery" Xiao An laughed out.

Jin Chen didn't respond, he was too busy staring at his now broken fingers, to hold the full power of an emperor was one thing but to cause damage to one? that is something Jin Chen is unable to comprehend and it is something he won't get a chance to. 

Xiao An uttered two more words as he stared at Jin Chen's form words that would echo for eternity words that the young golden-eyed boy watching intently from the below would never forget and never forgive.

"Kill them"

On that night with only the moon as their witness, one of the five Great families of the Bloom Empire was eradicated its masters killed its disciples slaughtered its servants thrown asunder its earth salted its legacy destroyed.

Only one Jin survived that night broken and beaten but alive. 

This is his path to immortality to divinity.

0