Ch.8 Bai Lei The Bandit Lord
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of heavy, seemingly distant drums slowly teased Jin Chenxi out of his slumber, his eyes opening in confusion at the noise.

 

Then like a dragon's roar, horns started to blare out, loud and all-encompassing.

 

The staggering sound of the horns seemed to bring everyone in the tent alive, all five of the occupants of the tent were quick to their feet; Jia Waimin, Hu Meng, and two other men that he didn't know, all stood in confusion as the loud horn persisted.

 

It was Jia Waimin who seemed to catch on first as the noise slowly receded into nothing. Chuckling, he started to button his tang suit.

 

"Come on lads. It seems that we're going find out what the Boss was planning," he laughed, strolling out of the tent an excited smile on his face.

 

The two unknown men were the first to follow Jia Waimin's lead, Jin Chenxi, and Hu Meng finally catching on, moved to follow them not long after.

 

Jin Chenxi was surprised, he had thought that the chaos of last evening was bad. But as he walked out of the tent and into the world, it seemed that the chaos of the camp had doubled overnight, as a flood of men tried to make their way through the channels between the tents, and to wherever the horns had sounded from.

 

Staring at the group of men crashing into each other, Jin Chenxi attempted to find an alternative route, having no desire to be crushed into a bunch of grown men.

 

However, his desire to find another way would be cut short as some of the men bumped into him, propelling him into the current of men with no escape.

 

His only option was to walk forward and attempt to ignore the constant jostling.

 

Fortunately, Jin Chenxi didn't have to endure it for long.

 

Just outside the encampment, a stage had been constructed. Which given the stopping of the crowd, was the destination.

 

The instruments that had rudely woken him were nowhere to be seen.

 

Though Jin Chenxi wasn't that bothered. He was more focused on the man that occupied the stage. Bai Lei stood like a titan, his long Golden hair flowing like the mane of a lion, standing straight as an arrow his chest bare, displaying off a myriad of scars as he grinned like a mad man.

 

The most shocking thing about Bai Lei, however, was his cultivation, Lower False Immortal, the stage above Nascent Soul, a full realm above anything that Jin Chenxi had ever achieved.

 

What was a False immortal doing as a bandit, he thought? Although Bai Lei had probably only broken through recently, he reasoned. Even then, he was confused as to why someone with that kind of power was still hanging around as a bandit.

 

Bai Lei stood on the stage for a few more seconds passing his gaze over the small army of men, judging them, before smashing his hand to his chest causing an all most deafening sound.

 

"MEN!" Bai Lei shouted using some of his QI to punctuate his words.

 

"No, my brothers!" he continued, "I called you all here to make you a proposition," he exclaimed, opening his arms wide.

 

"I ask, Who Among you desires wealth beyond your imagination!" He roared; his fist clenched. The crowd responded with boisterous cries of I do.

 

"Well, I have on good authority that some piss ant of a sect, got their grubby hands on some spirit stones," Bai Lei divulged, in a more measured voice, though it didn't calm the crowd down, at the words spirit stones the crowd seemed to get even more passionate in their shouting.

 

"Now Don't you think that they should belong to us?" Bai Lei questioned.

The crowd's response was to chant yes, their shouts shaking the air.

 

"So why don't we just go TAKE EM'!" Bai lei Exclaimed, A massive grin blossoming on his face as the crowd roared in agreement.

 

"I knew you were my Kind of people." Bai Lei laughed out

 

"Now, go get packed up, we leave today." Bai Lei finished, clapping his hands together

 

The Massive crowd was quick to disperse, seeing that it was the end of Bai Lei's speech.

 

Most of the men in the crowd were chatting with excitement, at the prospect of raiding a sect, and drooling at the money that they would make.

 

Jin Chenxi, however, didn't know what to think. This is what he wanted right, he came here to fight and to make money. What better way to do that than attacking a Sect full of trained fighters? And the prospect of potentially getting a spirt stone no matter how unlikely was something to drool about.

 

Spirit Stones, even when he was a young master of a great family were supremely rare and were reserved only for those trying to breakthrough in the higher realms.

 

The benefit of absorbing one for someone of his level then, would be amazing, he would gain enough Qi to go straight to the peak of core formation. If he could control the Qi that is.

 

But attacking a sect. No matter how small would be extremely dangerous. He couldn't imagine that other sects in the area, let alone the Imperial office would let bandits that could destroy a sect just roam around anyway.

 

Though those were problems for the syndicate and Bai Lei to deal with.

 

He just had to survive and get stronger.

 

With those final thoughts, Jin Chenxi finally noticed that most of the crowd had gone and begun to pack up their tents ready to leave.

 

So, he started to walk back to the tent to find Jia Waimin and see if he knew where exactly we're going.

0