Prologue
148 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is a phone typed rough draft for testing purposes, there will be errors that may or may not be corrected at a latter date.

 Thank you for your patience and understanding, sincerely Toxic Ghost.

I awoke with a sudden intake of breath as I struggled uselessly against the panic and terror of slowly being dragged down into the black depths. I coughed and sputtered and yet no water came, I floundered wildly untill I began sucking in large gaps of breath. The memories of the last moments of my life played through my mind.

It had been a hot summer as I drifted idly down the fast moving icy waters of the American river. Yet another one of my family's annual rafting trips, everyone was taking extra strength tequila jello shots and passing around a joint. It was good old fashioned fun, the white trash red neck kind of fun, the kind of fun that is so unpretentious that being hammered was perfectly fine as long as it was a day off.

I, being the loner black sheep of the family, rarely took the time off to spend time with my perpetually stoned father and narcissistic overly anxious step mother. I barely even made time to hang out with my step brother on account on not being able to stand his fat wife. There were also the niece and nephew left behind by my oldest step brother who was in and out of prison. Needless to say I came from what one might call a dysfunctional family, I called it living in a constant struggle for survival.

Every day of my child hood had consisted of being slapped around from my father because I was a severely mentally traumatized child who couldn't deal properly with school. Loud obnoxious parties that ended in drunken brawls followed by days spent spackling over holes. Near constant verbal and physical abuse not only from my father but also from my peers while my teachers turned a blind eye.

That didn't last for ever though, I had been too scared of hurting people if I had fought back. I had started lifting weights towards the end of elementary school but even before that I had a daily routine of push ups and sit ups. I may have been shorter than almost everyone else in my school but I was also a hell of a lot stronger than most of my peers.

It was middle school when I had snapped. I was on the way home when the leader of the pack of wannabe thugs had had made my life a living hell had decided to fuck with me while he was alone.

I'd had enough of his fucking shit, and let him take swing at me and head butted his knuckles, a little trick I learned from my grandfather who had been an amateur boxer and an old salty devil dog hard ass. The idiot lost the will to fight from the moment his fist collided with with my skull, I could hear the sickening crack as he suffered a boxer's fracture. I stepped in with a right cross to his chin knocking him cold.

The next day I got suspended because the school found out about the fight, and even though I didn't start the god damn fight they sure as hell were going to punish me for it. 

So yeah my life fucking sucked ass, but here I was drunk and a little high as we blasted Black Sabbath while floating down the river. Everything was going well until my niece fell out of the raft when we hit some major rapids.

 Seeing her panicked flailing figure I dove in to get her to safety, I managed to get ahold of her but we were to far away from the raft and I struggled to swim towards them while my twelve year old niece clung to my neck. With every breath burning my lungs as I struggled with every stroke I managed to get her back towards safety before it got really rough. 

I didn't fare so well, I got hurled down the worst of the rapids before I could get back into the raft. I could feel my body slamming into boulders as I flailed and panicked as I struggled to breathe until I think my head slammed into a boulder. 

Then every thing got fuzzy then my consciousness began to fade into darkness.

Now that I was awake I began to stare wide eyed at my alien surroundings.

I had expected to find myself in a hospital room, with it's stench of disinfectant and garishly bright white rooms.

Instead I was spread out in a massive four post bed adorned with horn, ivory and gold inlays. Furnished with fine silks of burgundy and crimson scented with lavender oil and sandal wood.

I rubbed my eyes then noticed what felt cold coagulated blood as I ran my hands down my face. From what I could tell it seemed to be coming from my nose.

Everything seemed as if it was indistinguishable from reality, were it not for my lack of other memories I would have questioned if all of my misery had been just a dream. Unfortunately I possessed no memories other than those I from before waking up in a bead that I would not have even dreamt of being able to afford.

Two soft knocks on the door of the chamber made my head swivel, "My Lord, permission to enter" questioned an alluring female voice.

"Permission granted" I replied with a powerfully deep masculine voice that quickly took me back, it was a long way from my obnoxious some what nasally baritone.

" I see you've finally recovered from your bender, was it corpse dust or powdered dragon pheromones this time" a woman asked with a mildly annoyed tone.

I just stopped and stared, standing before me was less of a person and more a collection of walking fetish wear. She wore a pair of knee high black leather high heeled jack boots, a garter belt with thigh high black stockings, and a form sitting leather corset. Around her slim neck was a black collar that I followed to a plunging neckline full of cleavage spilling out of her skin tight corset . From head to toe she hit every one of my marks, she had thick thighs, wide hips, a narrow waist, and gravity defying rack.

What actually had me staring stock still like a moron, aside from a hard on, was the fact that her god damn skin was a dusky shade of red. That and the god damn bat like wings that were folded up behind her, or the delicately curved horns like those of a ram that grew from her temples.

Still I couldn't help but stare hungrily at her luscious curves while trying also not to stare at the god damn demon.

The woman pushed a pair of spectacles up the bridge of her nose with a large sigh "dragon pheromones again, they may be hallucinogenic but they are also a powerful aphrodisiac. I also see that you've over dosed again, your father would be so proud" her voice was filled with a cold dry sarcasm.

"Who the fuck are you, and where in the fuck am I" I questioned while she began to wipe my face with a rag.

"Anaxshi, one of your father's hand maidens, he sent me here to look after you, remember" she explained with a bored rote as if this was not the first time her charge OD and got amnesia.

"As for where you are, you are currently in your assigned territory on the far reaches of the western half of the Alterran continent. Well quite frankly, you were exiled to a castle, in a mangrove swamp, in an almost uninhabited region beyond the border's of father's empire" she replied with some level of amusement.

"So who exactly is my father exactly, who the fuck am I for that matter" I muttered that last party while my face was scrunched in confusion.

" Your father is Alric von Eisenfaust, 62nd Demon Lord and Emperor of the Great Demonic Dominion(place holder name). As for you, you are Erich von Eisenfaust 99th born son of the Demon Lord, currently ranked number 120th in the line of succession" she explained with a practiced tone, as if this were not the first time she had to deal with this damned fool of a prince.

"What the fuck do you mean I'm the 99th son of the demon lord" I mentally shouted while siting there mouth agape like a stunned goldfish.

"Is 120th bad" I questioned slightly worried.

"Terrible, you're in dead last, it's a wonder your none of your brothers have tried to murder you yet, in all honesty your drug addicted womanizing lifestyle and the remoteness of your territory is probably what has kept you alive so far" Anaxshi chuckled seeming to take sadistic pleasure in my predecessors misery.

"How so" I inquired with a furrowed brow while wiping the drying blood from my face.

"Since your father has not taken it upon himself to choose a successor your brothers have more or less created a competition to prove who would be the most suitable successor to both the Empire and the title of Demon Lord. They compete through governance, economics, politics, and military might. There had been 156 candidates, however quite a few have died so far" her tail swished from side to side lazily as she spoke.

"Fuck and I thought my family was dysfunctional" I grumbled in my head while trying not to stare at the walking embodiment of lust that spoke with the poise and grace of a lecturer.

"The fact that you have no subjects, no wealth, and no territory to speak of has kept you largely off your brother's radar so you've been safe so far" she continued.

"Uh, what do you mean I have no wealth" I blurted out still in shock and trying to process the situation I had fallen in to.

"Thanks to your habits" she said that last bit with quite a bit of venom, "you've squandered the entirety of your inheritance on drugs, women, and liquor".

"I see, please give me some time to process everything" I spoke softly to which she obliged, exiting the room with a small bow.

"Shit shit shit, what the fuck kind of fucked up fantasy land crap have I wandered into. Am I dreaming this shit while I'm in a comma, or did I really die and reincarnate in the body if a demon prince that died from an overdose" I shouted while pulling at my long raven colored locks.

It wasn't as if I was a stranger to fantasy, be it videogames, books, or table top RPGs. In fact they had been my main way of escaping from my fucked up childhood, the only question was if there was anything in all that useless knowledge that could prove useful.

For starters I stood up and wandered over to a standing mirror in the corner of the room, if nothing else it may give me some clue go what species of demon I was.

"Holy shit" I exclaimed while staring at my naked reflection.

I was standing a good six foot two with a body that looked like it had been chiseled from stone by Michelangelo himself. Physically my body was reminiscent of a greek god, with well toned and defined musculature with a thin waist and a set of smooth toned abs. My jaw was more refined than rugged and it paired well with my slim roman nose, straight raven hair framed my face where it hung to my broad shoulders. While I was certainly pale, my skin lacked blemishes nor had any veins that showed, aside from my unnatural beauty I couldn't detect any outwardly demonic traits other than my glowing red irises, goat horns, and abnormally large cock. 

"Well if nothing else I can start a new career in modeling...or porn" I muttered while flexing my muscles in different poses, I had always been strong but I had been bulky where now I was fit.

Based on my appearance I was either a human with demonic ancestry or an arch demon, if I had to guess to my demonic ancestry probably some form of lust demon. That only left me with a number of other questions, like do I have any inherent powers and how do I use them. Now however it was time for my next expirement, not that I was too hopeful about this one.

"Please work, status" I mentally begged with with closed eyes, nothing would have made me happier at that moment than knowing if this world was governed by RPG mechanics.

"Fuck yes" I shouted while staring at a mother fucking character sheet while laughing maniacally.

Name: Erich von Eisenfaust

Race: Arch Demon(Incubus) Age:236

Class: None 

Level:1(racial)

Strength: 23

Dexterity: 28

Constitution: 22

Intelligence: 30

Wisdom: 21

Charisma: 32

Racial Abilities: Charm Person(greater), Regeneration(lesser), Polymorph(humanoid), Demonic Presence(lesser), Poison Resistance(greater), Spell Resistance(Minor), Mental Fortification(greater), Charming Presence(lesser), Demonic Contract(lesser), Summon Demon(minor), Tongues.

A devious grin split my face, I was starting with a seriously stacked deck if this world was anything like what I imagined. There was no way in hell I was willing to just sit on my ass all day like the previous cocksucker that inhabited this marvelous body, the only question was where to start. It wasn't as if I had any particular goal in mind, not yet anyways, for now I just wanted to see what this world had to offer.

6