Ch.4
93 8 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch.4

My first instinct had been to go running back to fuck boy's sex dungeon, perhaps it was due to the comfort of familiarity. There was just one problem, the girl in my arms was burning up and I didn't having anything on that that I even remotely trusted giving her. With a groan I flapped my wings with all the strength I could muster and launched my self northward towards where I had seen some hints of civilization.

I had no idea whether any of the small fishing villages would have a half decent healer so I blew past them, my figure outlined by the setting sun. At least four such villages lay behind me, easily recognizable by their small boats and salt crusted shacks, I was probably hitting a good sixty miles and hour based on watching the terrain fly by. Occasionally flocks of sea birds would squawk angrily at me as I punched through them, moving forward with a singular goal like an arrow loosed from a bow.

Honestly I had no idea why I was rushing into human held lands like a god damn mad man, perhaps I wasn't quite as broken as I had originally thought. I mean I had always been a bit sadistic sexually speaking, I just had the need to feel dominant and in charge. I knew it was a serious psychological issue from what had happened to me when I was five, you can't experience violent sexual assault and not wind up with a few screws loose. Still I had more or less over come my trauma by any reasonable standards. Besides, I only took pleasure from sadistic bedroom activities if partner took pleasure from receiving them.

This was more an issue of my general apathy towards people in general, unless you were a close friend or family member I really didn't care what happened to you. I might have even have taken some minor enjoyment from your suffering as long as it was nothing too serious.

 Yet here I was putting putting my neck on the line for this random stranger, "alright I admit it I'm totally a sucker for cute things" I mentally grumbled.

Still if I didn't find help for my cute otter, I'd have a dead otter, and nobody wants a dead otter.

Finally in the distance I could see a an actual city looming in the distance, complete with stone walls and everything. It was impressive, most people have this strange image of medieval towns and castles being made of plain dull grey stone. What every one gets wrong is that these stone buildings were often painted with various shades of limestone plasters, like this one which was a vibrant shade of yellow that almost glowed orange in the waning sun.

From what I could tell it was a smallish town, probably a little over one thousand inhabitants judging by the number of building. As for the walls, they were a rather impressive two and a half stories in hight with crenelated towers and the entrance even had proper guard houses. 

Unfortunately I had to land well out of view and try my hand at another racial skill, thankfully this one was about as easy as creating wings if a lot more painful. Slowly, and with agonizing pain, my Baphomet horns receded into my horns and my flesh warped to a more natural tone, finally it felt like my eyes were being gouged out as they became those of a human.

I hadn't quite realized just how different my eyes actually were, it was much darker out than it had been and everything was a bit fuzzier. Still I got the job done, good by incarnation of night mares hello overly handsome human.

"Hold on, just a bit longer" I cooed as I picked up the pace and started jogging towards the town's gate house.

Damn this was strange, it was if I really had gone back to being human, I knew I didn't quite have the absurd strength that I previously possessed. Now I was sweating almost as much as the damn sick girl, still I was in way better condition than I had been in my previous human body. It probably took me fourteen minutes to run roughly a two mile distance.

Two men stood at the entrance to the gate house, dressed in riveted mail over gambeson with bascinet helmets. An arming sword hung from their waist while a heater shield was hun over their shoulder, finally each man had a halberd resting against their shoulders.

In all honesty it was a bit much for guard duty, something clearly had them on alert.

"Halt and prepare for inspection" one of the men called out to me moving his halberd from a rest position.

"Can we hurry this up sirs, kind of carrying a dying girl in my arms and I need to get to an apothecary now" I called back trying to not appear hostile.

"Drop your weapons and prepare any identification if you have any" the man replied with a firm but smooth tone while leveling his halberd in my direction.

I swallowed nervously, the last thing I wanted was to be fighting a couple men-at-arms while carrying an incapacitated person, luckily it didn't come to that.

"Is there a problem here Hanz" a warm feminine voice called out from behind me.

I was so focused that I didn't notice the clip clop of a horses hooves until she was almost on top of me, that was unnerving I probably would have immediately notice in my true form.

"No Lady Greyhawk, it's just we can't be to careful, the bandits have been more active of late" Hanz replied with a deep brow.

"No kidding, I was ambushed by five of them earlier today near that huge mangrove swamp, so that's five less you'll have to worry about. Unfortunately that's also where my partner got injured" I chuckled with a smirk before switching to a more concerned tone.

"Silence Braggart, I could have you flogged for perjury" Hanz barked back.

"You'll do nothing of the sort Hanz, infact since you seem to be unable to control your temper you are hereby reassigned to kitchen duty. Inform Captain Steinberg that your post need a replacement" the woman's voice flowed like warm silk, never once a harsh tone in her rebuke, that some how made it far more intimidating.

"Yes, Lady Greyhawk" the man replied with a bit back tone before scurrying off.

"I apologize for my men's conduct, see to it that your companion get the help she needs, and if you truly did slay five of the brigands  please come see me in the town manor, Sir" her words were like honey to my ears, perfectly matched by the cascade of flaxen locks that poured over her shoulders.

"Of course, my Lady" I replied with the best bow I could considering the circumstances.

"Oh my, he even has manners, good evening to you sir" she chuckled before ridding into the town leaving me staring at her platemail clad back.

"The voice on that woman foes not at all match her appearance, is this what they call gap moe" I pondered with a brow furrowed in confusion before rushing deeper into town.

"I hope like hell that, Tongues, applies to more than just spoken languages" I grumbled as I made way through what I assumed was a residential district.

Every where I looked there were crammed together two story brick and mortar buildings that had at one point been white washed but were begining to fade. Every so often there would be a break in the buildings that contained open courtyards, small gardens, even the an out door dining patio in front of a pub.

Spotting a group of people sitting around a small out door fire drinking mugs of ale I rushed forward, throwing away any sense of common decency.

The froze and stared at me like I was a mad man, which I was as I shouted "oi, the fuck is the god damn apothecary around here".

The men blinked at me like a deer in headlights before noticing my murderous glare, "uhhh, go straight till you cross the river bridge then hook a right, keep going till you see a sign with a mortal and pestle"

"Thanks" I shouted before tossing the helpful stranger a pearl from the otter girls bag, before he could even process what had happened I was already long gone.

The shop was right where he said it would be, I didn't even think about it kicked the door open scaring the crap out of a little old man dressed in a shabby robe.

The man jumped up, crazed expression on his thickly mustached faces with a wand in one hand a dangerously glowing potion bottle in the other.

"Burglar, you'll not steal from I, Pyromaneous the Great" the old man shouted in a crazed frenzy.

"Ah shit, I got the crazy old man alchemist instead of the chill big titted onee-san type. I would have even settled for a loli baba, over the mediaeval magical equivalent of Fritz fucking Haber" I mentally screamed panicking over how I was probably about to go boom.

"Grandpa, sit your ass down ya old coot, it's no wonder we hardly ever have any customers" an annoyed yet sweet feminine voice called out while stepping out from the back of the shop.

"Damn, aren't you a sight for sore eyes, shit, I mean fuck, got a dying girl in my arms here who could really used some god damn help" I accidentally blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

She really was a sight for sore eyes too, long auburn locks with a soft face and deep doe brown eyes. Heavy in the hips and just shy of being chubby, with naturally large breasts you could get lost in.

"Don't just stand there, get her into the back now" the woman barked a firm command while holding open a curtain for me to pass through.

Once I got her onto the table the woman began rapidly going over the girls body with a damp cloth trying to get as much mud and muck out of the way as she could.

"Any idea what caused this" she questioned not even stopping to address me.

" No idea, she was like this when I found her" I replied shaking my head.

"Where at, how long ago" she quickly fired back.

"Near that giant ass mangrove swamp, roughly four hours ago" I really felt useless here watching the woman work like a chipmunk that snorted cocaine.

"Damnit, I keep telling people to stay the hell away from that place, its nothing but trouble. Luckily this isn't the first time I've treated this, poor thing is lucky she's a demi-human or she'd already be dead" the woman huffed in annoyance before rushing over to a massive cabinet of ingredients.

"So what the hell did this" I questioned for future reference, brow furrowed in contemplation.

"It's an aquatic vine called Creeping Death, as for the name, all it takes is a scratch, and death creeps up on you" she explained with a dark chuckle as she grabbed what she needed.

"Here rub this on any scratches you see, if they're deep make sure it goes in side. I'll handle the hard part" she handed me a bowl of off white cream with a pungent medicinal smell.

I went to work rubbing the stuff where ever I could find any cuts and scratches, which was harder that I though it would be considering most of them were on her arms and legs, concealed by her short but dense silky smooth fur. While the woman who didn't know, who but I'd to get to know was busy pouring a couple different potions down her patients throat with a tube and funnel. How she figured out that trick was beyond me, but I was glad me and my mystery companion were in good hands.

"There's nothing else we can do at the moment, there's a cot in the back you're free to use while you're intent on hanging around" the woman spoke while taking a seat near by.

"Thanks, name's Erich by the way" I spoke with a warm smile and an outstretched.

"Annabel, I would say it's a pleasure, but" she replied taking my hand before looking towards the woman sprawled out on what passed for her operating table with a soft motherly expression.

I could understand her expression, the poor girl was tiny, like barely five feet tall and covered in more bruises, cuts, and scratches than I think I had had throughout my whole life. A lot of scars too, most of those looked like they had been inflicted by flogging. What ever she had been through I could guarantee that her life was just as fucked up as mine hand been. 

I couldn't help but gently stroke her soft gray hair before making my way to the back of the shop where the cot was.  Today had been one hell of an overwhelming day, I still hadn't really had time to process everything yet. It didn't quite feel real to me, even when I crushed some dude's heart like it was a grape. Then there was another issue that I had been ignoring, I was horny as hell, like really terrifyingly horny. Now that there wasn't anything immediately important to keep me focused I was filled to the brim to drag Annabelle back here with me and take her to pound town.

This feeling, if I had to guess were my instincts as an incubus trying to take over. Eventually I'd have to sate the beast with in but for now I could still ignore them to a degree.

A heavy tired sigh escaped my lips, " died, came back to life, killed some bandits, and rescued a damsel in distress. Not bad for my first day, not bad at all" I mentally chuckled as I lay my head back and closed my eyes.

7