Xeno Flora: Acceptance (3/3)
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been three long months, and still no sign of the yellow mist clearing up. I had continued my daily workout routine and had been eating as little as possible. My supply stocks were running low. I had lost contact with most other bunkers due to them running out of supplies or utilities. No progress has been made on dealing with the xeno flora. It seemed like this was the end for humanity. Just a bunch of alien plants. No big spaceships like in the movies. Heck, we didn’t even nuke ourselves. Not even some sort of global pandemic virus that we unleashed. Not just a simple plant had brought all of humanity to its deathbed.

 

I thought long and hard about what I should do next. I didn’t think there were many supplies I could make too, and even then they were probably all tainted. Should I just starve myself out here? Should I just end it? 

 

No, I should go into the mist. Heck maybe I’d get to see Skags again. If there was an afterlife, I would surely see him there. 

 

Beginning preparations, I slowly touched everything. I put my journal inside a clear container so it wouldn’t get damaged. I played a tune one last time on my guitar, I had learned. It was hard to leave but, I knew it was time to go and meet the end.

 

Putting on my gas mask, I opened up the doors and headed into the yellow mist. It was so thick now I couldn’t even see barely five feet in front of me. I smiled and thought about Skags as I took off my mask and breathed in deeply.

 

The sensation felt oddly tingly, I became very light-headed and felt almost like I was in a dream. My body started to make its way to the direction of the plant I had researched before. It felt like forever but I made it there and as I arrived the top of the plant came down over me. I realized it was eating me. Alien carnivorous plants, that’s funny, giant fly traps.  Then darkness came over me.

 

I heard Skags barking. I opened my eye and there he was. I was so happy to see him. Was this the afterlife I mean it’s yellow all around but not all cloudy like heavin is supposed to be? An average man appeared next to Skags in a suit he spoke gently and confidently. “Welcome to the Interspecies  Universal Relay Hub, your planet has been redeemed and repurposed to serve as another outpost for all of our travels across the universe. Never fear though you won’t die, well EVER. Unless you want to, but I suggest you just suspend yourself for a while first. I will leave this little guidebook here to answer any questions you have as to where to go and what there is to do. Have fun, this little guy really was waiting for you. We could not convince him to leave your zone without you.” 

 

I just ignored the man and ran up and began hugging and playing with Skags. I took the book from the man but before I could speak he just disappeared. I spoke softly, “So I guess this is what’s out there”.

0