Chapter 2: The Aptitude Test
312 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Warm light caressed my body signaling that the sun was already up in the sky. 

As I open my eyes. I'm still wondering if yesterday was a dream but after I saw the unfamiliar ceiling, it instantly returned me to reality.

I felt a numbing pain on my lap and remembered that there was a girl sleeping in my lap. 

If someone saw me having such a beauty sleeping with me, it would create some unnecessary troubles for me.

Looking at the teenage girls face, an unknown surge of feelings suddenly crossed my mind.

I evilly pinched her cure cheeks without remorse.  

"Wake up sleepy head!"

"…."

"Wake up, Rei!"

"…hmm…."

"Rei!"

She opened her eyes slowly. As I looked at her, I realized that my boyish childhood friend was already a grown up girl.

"Good morning. Why are you in my room, Andre-kun?"

"Same to you. But it's not your room, it's mine"

I pinched her cheeks again and gave her a smile.

Realizing that she slept in my room, she became red as a tomato and quickly stood up and ran away.

Seeing her like that once in a while was enough to make me feel better. 

After a while, I also stood up realizing that the numbness in my lap was already gone.

I open the curtains to light up the room.

I looked outside the window, appeared in the horizon was place that was more amazing than our world.

Islands floating in the sky. 

Mountains that were glamorously bathed in color green and it doesn't even have any tinged of pollution. It was a world that technology was not yet founded, a beautiful green world. 

I also saw a town that was similar to medieval period.

This place was really a different world.

After feeding my eyes with the awesome view of the different world, I readied myself for the gathering in the training ground.

In the left outer part of the castle, where the training ground was, the students gathered around. It was spacious enough that can be compared to an Olympic size football field.

First, the student were introduced to the instructors which will be the one guiding them. All the boys of the group dropped their jaws when a blue-haired teenager clothed with a silver heavy armor stood in the elated platform. 

"1st class knight Evangeline Maelstrom a.k.a Eve, you can call me Instructor Eve and I will be in charge in your company" The gorgeous blue-haired girl was an instructor that looked like a teenager like us.

After introducing herself, she immediately continued to explain.

"Before the training start I would like to test your attributes. The knowledge in attribute is very important in battles. First, I would explain what an attribute is. Attribute is an inborn trait that a person possessed such as the power to use magic and overwhelming physical power. Attribute is classified into two: Physical attribute and Magical attribute. Physical attribute is the ability to strengthen the body permanently without the use of magic while magic attribute is the ability to convert mana to anything. Magic attribute is further classified into 6 which composed of fire, water, earth, wind, light and darkness…."

After explaining everything, Instructor Eve stepped down from the platform and gathered the student to an enormous crystal ball in the center of the training grounds.

"It's Huge!" one of the students cried in amazement.

"Beautiful!!" the crystal ball illuminated a rainbow-colored light that made everyone who saw it to feel the overwhelming beauty of the large ball.

"This ball of illumination will tell what attribute you have and what level you are. For example I'm a light attribute wielder which means I can use light magic. My magic level was high while my physical attribute was higher of a martial artist. These levels of strength are the ones who stood up in the top of the countries."

"Light release Magic, Pulse ray!"

After the chant, a beam of light illuminated the surrounding  and shot straight towards the heaven.

"M-magic!?"

"T-that was awesome!"

Applause of amazement filled the air from left to right. Magic was a dream come true for many of us. It was the one from the fantasy. The unattainable dream back on earth was now in front of us. 

"Now, let's start the test."

"I'll be the first!!"

Harvi stepped forward and lightly placed his hands in the giant ball. The crystal ball illuminated a red, brown, blue, green and black light and a 3-leaf sprout appeared in the center of the ball.

"Hoh! Already a 3rd circle martial artist and a 2nd circle mage! Not only that you are a penta-element user, as expected of a summoned hero your attributes are all over the top. I'm envious, my years of training is like a day for you."

Harvi puffed his chest with dignity.

One by one, the students stepped forward and test their own elements. Most of the students are tri-element users and quad-element users.

The most outstanding among the finished testers are Harvi, who is a penta-element user of the 2nd circle and a 3rd circle martial artist, Reina, who is another penta-element user of the 3rd circle (fire, water, earth, wind and light) and a 2nd circle martial artist, Erika, who is a light element user of the 5th circle and 1st circle martial artist, and Alfred, who is an earth element user of 1st circle and a 5th circle martial artist. These results are almost on par in the instructors who are the strongest existence in the country.

I, who was the last one who will take the test, stepped forward and slowly poked my fingers in the crystal glass.

One second…

Five seconds…

Ten seconds…

…..

…..

No light appeared.

Eh?? Is it broken??- I inwardly thought.

After sometime, the reality already hit me. Only a 1-leaf sprout was floating carelessly in the center of the crystal, which means that I don't have any affinity with any other attribute and I'm only as strong as a regular soldier. 

I was the only one in class that is normal. Even the instructors were also at shock in the depressing result.

For the first time, I felt extreme depression. 

I felt useless. I wanted to slap myself.

When my other classmates heard my result, they already started whispering and looked at me with pity. It is clear that I'm not only the weakest but also relatively had a huge gap in terms of power with my classmates.

While bursting in laughter, Harvi, who was overjoyed with my misfortune, screamed out.

"Oi oi, as expected weaklings are always weakling in any place. Being useless is already fixed ever since in our world."

Harvi's laugh became even louder along with his lackeys who also laugh at my misfortune. 

He strongly threw his hand in my shoulder which pained me a lot.

I may depressed inside but I am already immune to this kind of insult so I just kept it in and do not care about what they say.

"Useless!!"

"You're just an average weakling!"

While Harvi and his lackeys were still drowning in their laughing party, someone let out a voice filled with anger. It was Reina which immediately shielded me.

"There you are again, Harvi! Remove your hand immediately! I won't allow anyone to bully Andre! I definitely won't tolerate this kind of thing!"

"tss! Let's go, our fun was already ruined."

They turned their backs and went away.

"Are you okay? Don't mind them. A person's value is not measured by those things."

Reina worriedly asked me.

"I'm okay. I'm already immune." 

I smiled wryly. Thinking about the things happened I could see that the road ahead was quite hard for me.

"Okay I will now teach you how to see your status window" Instructor Eve declared. my classmates' eyes lit up. 

"hooooo! very game-like!!!! AWESOME!!" Many of my classmates, who are anime fan, jumped like up and down wild horses. I just smiled, seeing one of the most amazing thing. 

" okay now listen! this is very easy okay, you just need to chant "status" While imaging yourself as the medium. It will allow you to see your status window."

Instructor Eve started to explain the details about the status window. While explaining, instructor Eve Looked us with a very serious face. 

"Before you do this, i would like to remind you that don't let anyone easily see your status plate, oKay? " she stated, emphasizing the importance of what she said.

"W-why?" some of my classmate asked in unison.

"without  knowing once ability how can we trust them" Edgar, one of my classmate with eyeglasses which could be describe as a nerd,  raised his opinion.  His words is dictating the truth,  how can you trust a person that is hiding something. 

"That is correct but the other point is, it could  also be use against you. The key here Is trust. Only those who you trust are allowed to see it. Okay you can know summon your status window.  Without your permission no one can see your status window." instructor Eve answered. 

"status! " I chant and a box appeared in front of me. It's not like other status window in games, it was very simplified. 

"what you can see in your status window are the following condition,  Mana, physical proficiency, magical proficiency,  inborn skills,  acquired skills, and title" instructor eve continuously explained. 

Andre Crux

Condition: Healthy

Mana: 20/20 (Very Low) 

Physical Proficiency: O

Power: 15

Magical Proficiency:  O

Power: 5

Inborn Skills: Armamentalist Level 1 (Upgrade Locked) 

Acquired Skills: None

Title: Summoned Hero

Upon checking my status, I already know that my stats sucks. 

'What the hell is that 20/20 mana even Teemo would have more mana than me in level 1. I'm also curious about my skill armamentalist, I hope it's a strong skill. This is the first time I met this word and what the hell is upgrade locked? I can't upgrade it?  Will it stay at level. If thats the case then I'm doomed to be a weakling! '

'Damn it all' I cursed the bad luck that clinging on me.

"let me explain every detail to you,  Condition is your body's current status. If you can see healthy in there then that's good. Condition will vary Depending on what you are feeling, such as when you are sick then it will change to Sick condition. Do you understand?" (Instructor Eve)

"Yes, Ma'am! "(students) 

"Next is mana. Mana is like energy that you can spent. For exampLe chanting a spell will consume mana. When your mana reach zero you will not able To Perform magic and you will feel exhausted. And for magical proficiency and physical proficiency are the measure of how powerful is your magic and strength . No circle means your power is  below 5 cOmparable To common people. 1-circle Means your power is 5 To 49 which are comParable to soldiers and regular magicians. 2-circle means Your power is 50 to 99 which is comparable to élite magicians and so on and so forth " After instructor Eve finished explaining, she left the group and let us talked to ourselves.

Reina showed me her status window which means that she really trust me.  I was quite envious of her stats.

Reina Kirasaki

Condition: Healthy

Mana: 349/349 (Very High) 

Physical Proficiency: O O

Power: 97

Magical Proficiency:  O O O

Power: 143

Inborn Skills:  

Fire Manipulation (max) 

Water Manipulation (max) 

Earth Manipulation (Max) 

Wind Manipulation (max) 

Light Manipulation (Max)

Acquired Skills: None

Title: Summoned Hero

         Penta-element magician

 I also let her see mine which was quite pitiful compared to her.  She justbm looked at me and said " we can train together to get stronger"

(A/N: I am a new writer.  Please leave any feedback on what can I improve :) )

10