Chapter 5 Schemes
234 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Days quickly passed by.

Sweats were streaming down  my face and my breathing was somewhat ragged.

I was alone swinging my sword as my regular everyday practice. My classmates, who have different training regimen, were in the other side of the training grounds. 

My days of training were somewhat fruitful. I already feel the changes in these past few weeks.

Compared to my body back when we were summoned, I already gained some muscle though it may not as noticeable, as a part of my own, I could feel that I'm stronger than before.

My sword practice also improved and my strength continuously increase in swift pace. Practicing Ki greatly increases my raw strength and now I can already manipulate the small amount of Ki in my body though it was not  that much. 

"Practicing hard as usual, Andre-kun"

A voice interrupted me. The gold-haired girl, which is my childhood friend, approached me.

"It's you, Rei. Already finished?"

"Nope. We were just having a short break. You are always training these days. You don't even hang out with me anymore."

She cutely pouted. That face of her was really something, I can't imagine why did this beautiful girl didn't have any boyfriend to begin with. 

Ever since we were small, we were really close to each other. She's a very important family to me. 

I can still remember it was just like yesterday, this girl was tomboyish back then but since we entered high school she became more and more attractive. I think there was a confession every week so it was possible for her to be interested to other guys. Crushes are already normal at this age though I don't have any. Because of this girl, the bottom line of my beauty meter was high.

So why did this girl don't have a boyfriend? Is she in love w/ me? 

I laughed at my self.  what a jerk, that's impossible were like siblings born and raise together.

or 

This perfect girl… d-don't tell me she is….

"Not really, it was just became a habit of mine. Hey Rei, can I asked you something?"

My curiosity approached me.

"What is it?"

She happily replied.

"Are you lesbian?

I unexpectedly asked.

Silence…

It was complete silence…

This is bad.

A bad premonition, Rei, who broke a smile, suddenly glared at me.

I saw black aura coming from her then I realized that I just step on a land mine.

I'm dead! I'm really dead this time.

"O-of course not!! Andre-kun, you stupid!" Rei's face overheated, turning red in anger. 

"S-SOOOORYY that was my bad! waaAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Pak! A hard slap on my face. 

That was an absolute critical hit.

Ouch!

The pain was still in my face. A big palm mark was heating up.

After that scene, Rei walked away angrily.

I was walking in the hall way holding my face in pain.

That was my fault, I guess. Talking about that kind of things was no good.

"Ahh! It hurts, that slap almost shattered my cranial bones"

The hall was big. We, the summoned heroes, have the freedom to walk in the castle premises. After the summoning, the king didn't restrict our freedom and give us really warm accommodation.

I  enjoyed this kind of freedom, so I take advantage of this to freely check all the reliable documents in the royal library and other places in the castle.

I was on my way to the royal library when…

"That girl was always in our way, we don't even have any fun anymore"

The scumbags and the leader of the scumbags were discussing something. I immediately hide myself to spy on them. Listening to the earlier statement, they were up to no good again.

"That bitch Reina! I'll waste her someday!"

"We don't even have any fun with the trash anymore because of her"

"If she meddles with us again for that trash, we'll just gang her up in the middle of the training in the Arsibal Canyon. Three versus one, I doubt she will win against us." They laugh.

These damn delinquents! If they do something to Rei, I won't forgive them!

All of my reasons left me and intense rage enveloped me.

I already have enough! Hurting me was okay I can tolerate that but hurting the people important to me is a different matter. I will not forgive you!!

I clenched my trembling fist and charge straight to them. Putting the strength in my arms, I landed a straight punch in one of Harvi's lackey slamming him to the wall.

"Y-you!!"

Seeing his companion was already down in the floor, Harvi looked at me in hatred.

"You damn f*cker!! You dare!!!!"

Seeing the incoming punch of Harvi, I quickly shifted my weight and slightly lower my core.

There is no attack that cannot be dodged nor blocked if you know where it will come from. This was one of old man Ornn's lessons.

Utilizing my momentum, I quickly shifted my aim to the person near him. The lackey tried to block but I already seen through, there are many flaws in his move. When my right fist made contact, my left fist was already directed to his abdomen.

"GAHHHAHH!!"

Harvi's lackey growled in pained curling up in the ground.

Harvi immediately bombarded me with continuous punches. 

Even though I evade many of his attacks, there are punches that are unavoidable to me.

Arg… I could feel the pain run through my shoulders.

An attack from a hero was different as expected compared to the soldiers I spar.

"Eat this!!"

Harvi continued to throw punches at me.

Harvi, his weakness lies to his temper, the more you make him feel anxious the more irritated he was.

His moves were poorly executed. 

His taking his training as joke, I guess.

The path of his punches can be easily seen allowing me to easily dodge or block it.

Seeing through his attack, I dodged Harvi's punch by a hair's length and charged with my whole body, focusing my attack to his abdomen.

Shit!

A grave mistake happened.

Harvi, who was In a state of panic, jumped back.

"GUH!"

His dignity was hit.

I think that was rather painful.

Harvi writhed in agony from the pain of his precious balls.

Yep, that attack was unintentional. It was his fault for jumping back.

"D-damn YOU!"

He was still lying in the ground like a wailing pig.

11