Chapter 8 Fatty and Arsibal Canyon
197 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sky is completely dark and the moon was already shining brightly above my head when the meeting concluded. Almost everything was explained by Instructor Eve and the remaining time was given to us to plan about tommorow. 

The night was colder here than what we have back on earth. Maybe, There is no climate change in this world which was so envious. Back on my place, even at night it was hot. 

I was sitting with fatty together with the person we found during the meeting. 

Our group was consist of five people, you can say that we are the leftover group. The atmosphere is quite gloomy because the people we have are those rejected by the other group. Even though it would be a little awkward, I tried to break the heavy silence. 

"w-why not we first we introduce ourselves?"

"yeah,  That's right! introduction is very important" Fatty seconded as he nooded his head in approval. 

"What are you saying? we already know each other.  We're classmate right?"

Edgar, one of classmate wearing a glasses, said in a very deliberate and serious voice. 

"of course, this will be for formality sake and also why not we introduce ourselves and the skill we have so that we can determine what is the role each of one of us" 

It felt like they are still hesitant about it. 

"if your worried then, you can only reveal the things you want and I'll be going first if its alright with you?" 

Every nodded in response. I just noticed something about this situation,  trust really is a big issue in this kind of situation. 

"Even though we know each other, we are not that close.  My name is Andre and these are the skills that I have" I quickly showed them my skill status window. 

" As you can see I'm an all-rounder but I'm not that strong.  I have swordmanship level 3, spearmanship level 2 and bowmanship level 1 and I can also use some kind of powerboost to double my strength"

After I finished explaining my skills, next was fatty.

"The names Mario but you can call me fatty like this thin bones here and as for my skills, they are all defensive"

fatty showed us his skills and I'm surprised that he was calling it trash. 

If these are trash are my skills trasher than trash?

Skills:

Iron Hide Level 5: greatly improve defenses of the user. Upon activating User will have an iron like skin. 

Stone Castle level 5: defense will be triple when stationary.

Provoking Shout level 6: The user provoke the enemy with a shout allowing him to get the aggro. the enemy cant ignore the user for a certain peroid of time. 

"What the fuck is that OP skill! you said you also have trash skills!!" I blurted out. 

"of course these are trash skills,  who the heck would want to be a meatshield? I dont even have any offensive skills" Fatty pouted.

 

Some arteries started to pop out when I saw his trashy face.  I hold his shoulder and threw him a killer glare.  

"YOU TRAITOR! I THOUGHT WE ARE THE SAME" I gritted my teeth in anger seeing fatty looking at me innocently. 

"of course we are the same those are some trashy skills. Where the heck can you see a tank in mmorpg with no damage skills. even the shield hero have one or two" fatty said with a pouted lips. This damn ugly faggot.

"if you really hate it that much, why not give me your skills and I will give you mine"

"who said I hate it!  no way in hell"

"damn it! i thought I already have comrade! you traitor! Okay from now on we will make you the vanguard since you are a meatshield! Show us your almighty defensive power.  Catch those fucking damages for us and dont worry we will watch you till the end"

"Huuuuuuwhhaaaaat?? you're joking right"

"of course not, you have those almighty defensive power let make use of it, maybe 5 monster at the same time wouldn't be a problem. you will most likely survive" I looked at him with cold eyes.

"Survive your ass!  why would I be the only one in front?  you also have melee skills so you can be a vanguard with me" fatty retorted as she gave me a dirty finger. 

"Well you see, Fatty, I have this skill called bowmanship so you can tank all the monsters and I will also shoot from a distance. Just reserve yourself to fate hahahah" I said with the same dirty finger. 

"You damn, stick!!" Fatty lunged at me. I was thrown in the ground by catching gigantic like weight.  We grabbed in to each and pulled it as hard as we could. Fatty's face expanded like a rubber ball so as mine. This was a common thing to us, whenever we played games we trashtalked each other sometimes resulting to physical damages. 

we rolled a few times on the ground but stopped by laughters.

"PFFT! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! What are you two?  A comedic duo? " my groupmates started to laugh. The awkward vibe slowly dwindled and being replaced by a cheerful mood. 

Both fatty and I were dumbfounded, We never thought that a single argument would remove the tense vibe of the group. 

I winked to fatty and gave him a okay sign. 

"NAayyyyysuuuu! '

It was all thanks to fatty. 

After a moment of hearty laughters, we resumed the introduction.

"I-I'm next!" she was a blue-haired girl with a shoulder length hair. She was on the small size and her facial features are the as those of a child. 

"A-as you all know, My name is Rika" She said shyly. As I remember she was on the shy side of the class. 

"As for my skills,  It may be lacking but please bear with it" She showed us her skill menu. She has affinity with light magic so her skill are consist of healing magic. 

Skills:

Healing Light Level 5: Heal specific target with 20 meter radius. 

Light wisp level 5: attached to a target and slightly increase regeneration and damage to demons. 

Shield of Light: create a dome of light protecting the user and the surrounding area.  range:5 meter radius.

The next one is Edgar. His skill are on the range side and have affinitt with wind magic.

Skills:

Sharpshooter: improve eyesight and can determine weakness of the enemy. 

Bow mastery level 10: Give the user advance mastery to the bow. 

piercing arrow: through the help of wind magic, increase arrows penetration.  need to be charge. 

Controllable arrow: the user can control the direction of the arrows he shoot.

The last one was Mark, He was quite an introvert in class and dont want to talk that much. As for his skills he was on the mage type. He has affinity to both fire and earth. His skill were overpowered but they needed sometime to prepare. 

Skills:

Timed fire ball level 5: the user can create a ball of fire which can be triggered in the users command. Need a great ammount of focus. unable to use other skills when not yet triggered

Earth Manipulation level 4: manipulate a part of earth.  maximum area of effect 3 meters. 

Mana recovery level 10: Constantly recover certain amount of mana.

Thanks God, Our team was quite balance. It just that seeing their skills make me quite insecure but there is nothing we can do about it atleast I have very competent teammate. 

We are a 5-man cell, one of the most basic party number. With these number,  We can divide and adjust the roles.

We decided on doing One of the formations of 5-man cell which was 2-2-1 formation, A formation that can attack, defend, adjust and support. 

It consist of two vanguard that can aggro enemies or focuses on dealing damage, two rearguards that can both deal damage, and support the retreat of the front and 1 who mains in support w/c can heal or enchant or provide additional support for retreat.

We decided Fatty will be the one of vanguard. We'll it was already given that he will be the meatshield. His tanking ability and Aggroing skill would be a great help in this area.

  

The bad news is, I will also be a vanguard because of my skills but I will mostly doing damage while switching on attacking and protecting the backline in case we were ambushed. 

'I will be doing the running I guess'

Fatty looked at me with a mocking face and whispered "Welcome to hell,  Meatshield Bro"

Damn it!! 

Edgar and Mark will be the rearguard. With there long range attacks, they can deal damage and  support when we retreat.

Rika will be the backline doing the support since most of her skills were supporting one. 

After we finished talking about our roles and plans for tommorow, We took a rest preparing for the next morning.

8