Chapter 11 Arsibal Canyon Day 2 and Incoming Threat
205 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the second day of the expedition.

Andre and the others were currently fighting a Two-headed zombie hound. It was ten times the size of the normal hound zombie and more savage looking. 

Mario (Fatty) was the only person in the frontline right now tanking the monster while Andre, Mark and Edgar are dealing damage from a far. Andre already switched his weapon to a spare crossbow w/c he brought from the camp. 

They already switched strategy. 

Having two person in front tanking a single monster was unnecessary so fatty was assigned to tank the monster by himself and Since fatty can deal with the monster's attack without being in a disadvantage, Andre switch to a crossbow to increase the damage output of the team and attack from a far. Also the help of the buff cast by Rika,  The damage they were dealing was significantly higher but it seems like there attacks wont go through. 

"That was one of a tough hide you got there"  Fatty said as he keep tanking the monster's frontal assault. 

"Fatty, Can you lure it closer? We are not dealing enough damage!  Our attack wont go through! It's defense is too high! Maybe there is somekind of weakness for that one" Andre requested as he kept shooting his arrows.

"Roger that!" fatty answered as he rolled backward luring the monster closer to the group.

 Andre quickly analyze the monster by looking  every part of its body that didnt have any protection of it's tough hide. But as he kept on looking he found none.

"How about you Edgar? Do you find any weakness?" Andre asked.

"There seems no weakness outside of its body" Edgar answered as he kept attacking the monster body with piercing arrow. 

'There is no weakness outside its body" Andre kept on thinking of any ways to deal damage to this monster.  

Suddenly, an Idea came to mind. 

'If we there is no weakness outside then.... '

"Fatty use your stone castle skill!  And taunt it more!  make it Angry! Mark and Edgar cease your attacks for a bit. I want you too wait for my signal and attack at full force.  I want to try something! " Andre requested. 

After hearing Andre's request,  Fatty immediately shouted making the monster more frenzy and used stone castle straight away w/c make fatty's defense higher when he was in stationary mode. 

Mark and Edgar also ceased their attacks waiting for Andre's signal. After being with Andre for a while now,  they came to realize that Andre's decision making was superb and most likely the right thing to do, so without hesitation, they trusted his instinct. 

The two-headed Zombie hound became more enrage attacking fatty endlessly. With the attention of the monster fully into fatty,  Ace bombarded the monster other head by a rain of arrows.

The monster howled in pain when some of the arrow hit inside of its mouth. 

"Now's the right time! Hit inside of it's mouth with everything you've got!"

Without wasting any moment, Ace signalled. 

"Piercing Arrooooow!!!" Edgar

"Fiiiiiiire Baaall!!" Mark

The attacks both entered the Monster's mouth. One head of the monster fell leaving the main body as it stumbled back in pain. 

"I'm not finished yet!  Detonate!"

Then a huge explosion ocurred inside the monster splattering it innards in every direction.  It was Mark's skill, Timed Fireball w/c he can triggered anytime in his disposal. 

Seeing the monster turned into ash and leaving a huge chunk of beast core,  The group celebrated.

"Nice one guys!" Andre called out as he gave a high hive on everyone

"Nice call, Andre!" Mark

"Good job, everyone!" Rika

"Nice Tanking Fatty!" Edgar

"Of Course! As expected of me! by the way Nice Fight Guys! " Fatty said proudly.

 

'Even though our teamwork is not perfect, our teamwork is improving in a very good pace.  I really have a very good teammates right now' Ace thought as they continued to celebrate.

--------------------->>>>>>>

the land of darkness, a land deprived of life. The soil was tinge in blood and no sign life can be seen,  It was a land that no human would dare to enter. A land were death itself resides. 

The wind there was always cold like everwinter and It swayed nothing but lifeless trees. The sun was always set, it was a land abandoned by the gods.

Many of the demons were starting to act under a new banner. 

The banner of the new demon lord. A powerful yet merciless leader.  

He conquered the land of darkness with sheer power and now he set his sight to the land outside of this barren land. 

Many of the demons pledge allegiance with him in search for power to overthrow and dominate the human race. 

After a short period of time, he conquered the kingdoms near the land of darkness..

It was the start of the rising of the demons. 

----------------------->>>>

In  room with all darkness and emptiness, A creature of nightmare can be seen. It has a humongous body covered with fur and have a deformed face of a ram. It was standing on two feet just like a human but it have the feet of a goat. It had great black colorless wings and eyes full of eternal darkness. For an instant, the figure consumed a whole human head in one gulp making cracking noises of shattering bones as the brain matter slowly dripped from its inhuman mouth. 

"Such a delicacy" the being let out an inhuman voice. Just by the plain sight, you can already distinguished that this being was a demon.

The demons name was Maz'Drearc Laz, One of Ancient Demon and the right hand of the new demon lord. He was a high ranking Arch Demon that already lived for more than 600 years. He was the brain of the Demon lord's Forces.

While Enjoying his festive meal of human heads,  A shadow appeared in front of him w/c made him stop from eating the remaining head. 

"You better have something important or else you are the next one in my plate" he grunted angrily. 

"Y-yes,  my lord!" The shadow gulped in terror. 

"Spill it out!" he banged his hand forcefully on the concrete table to his annoyance.  A huge dent appeared on the table w/c made the shadow wants to run for its life. 

"According to one of our spy on the kingdom....." The Shadow explained everything in detailed manner.  Maz'Drearc Laz smiled as he heard the news 

"Oh! So the Empire already making its moves now. Well,  that is already within our expectation. Even though the Lord said that we will focused on invading the northern side of continent,  It might not be bad if I stir a little bit of trouble on the southern side" He played the lifeless head on the palm of his hand and crush it like it was nothing. 

As Maz'Drearc Laz said,  Right now the demon lord was focusing his forces in conquering the northern side of the continent leaving the southern part unscathe. 

Base on the geography of the continent, The Land of darkness was sandwich between the southern and northern part .The reason that the demon lord  decided to attacked the northern side was because it doesnt have any natural barrier that can protect it from invasion unlike the southern one w/c was full of mountainous region that will protect it from invading threat. 

It may seems like they are surrounded from all side,  but that was not really the case. As it was stated,  the demon lord can't easily invade the southern part, but it also means  that  the latter can't also invade the land of darkness.  With these in mind, the demon lord decided to focus on conquering the northern part and build a stronger force before invading the southern one. 

"Gather a small Group and lead them to the empire. Deal with the troubles before something unexpected happens" Maz'Drearc Laz ordered.

"Understood, My Lord!" 

" and Don't forget to collect their heads and bring them to me! "

"Yes, My lord! "The shadow accepted before it vanished in thin air.  

"The rise of the demons will be on plain sight!! kikikikakakakakkaka!!!!" Maz'Drearc Laz boasted while giggling before turning it to a inhuman laugh that echoes through the darkness. He rose from his chair before becoming one with the darkness.

(A/N: I tried my best to make the demon scarier. I hope it suits your taste.

I really want to know if anyone if liking this story. I hope you let me know if I should continue this one :) you can leave a feedback below)

8