Chapter 18 part 1 Burning Soul
167 7 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'So this is my end, huh!  I have no strength left.  Even my Ki was already use up. Atleast, I bought time for them to run' I mumbled silently in my mind. I already lost my ability to. talk because of the intense pain. My eyes was already blurry from the lost of blood.

It felt like I was thrown away again but I could not even feel the pain anymore.There was already enough pain in my body. 

"KAKAKAKA! HOW DOES IT FEEL BEING TRAMPLED BY ME!!" mocking sounds kept ringing in my ears.  I felt a heavy thing on top of me, crushing me slowly. Thoughts kept piling up in my mind. 

'I'm sorry, Mom and Misa. I can't return home'

'I'm sorry,  Rei, for leaving you behind and being a jerk. At least,   I know you are safe'

'I'm sorry every one for being a burden'

Slowly, memories flashed like unending picture panorama. 

They said that when a person was on the verge of death, they would start to reminisce the past. I saw everything from the joy and the pain of my life.  My mom, who was always there for me everyday, taking care of us even though she was already tired from work.  My sister, who would always look at me with bright eyes.  Rei, my bestfriend, who stayed with me through thick and thin and never left me. And Fatty, who understood me the most.

'My mom's,  my sister's,  everyone's smiles, I want to protect them but I am too weak.'

"I-I am S-sor--ry for B----eing weak, e--every---one! " I tried my best to mutter the words I wanted to say. Every word was so heavy, that my horse voice was breaking like a glass. Tears slowly fell down from my eyes. Emotions started to flow like an unending river.

"AFTER KILLING YOU,  I WILL GO TO THE OTHER HEROES! I WILL KILL THEM AND PRESENT THEIR HEADS AS GIFT BUT OF COURSE I WILL FIRST ENJOY KILLING THEM!"

I could still hear the demon laughing in glee.

he was saying that he would go after my friends and kill all of them.  My friends, Rei, all the people I wanted to protect were going to be killed. 

'Are the sacrifices I made was not enough? Am I that useless' I didn't want anyone of them to die.  There's no way I would allow such a thing. 

'Even if I need to sacrifice everything,  my soul------anything, I wont let you kill my precious friends! '

I could feel that there was still some life left for me to burn. 

'Atleast let me burn this remaining life and take this demon with me to the underworld'  

'I dont want to die without accomplishing anything'

'i dont want any of my sacrifices to be for naught'

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

I focused every energy in my body, trying to get up from the demon's weight. 

'My life, my soul!  burn it with me!'

<New Skill Unlocked!  Burning Soul>

I thought I heard something but I shrugged it off because right now, It wasn't even important. 

A new found energy burn inside my body, circulating and burning everything.  I could feel the intense heat as if my life was burning away. 

"W-WHAT!?" 

I could feel the demon's bewilderment as I slowly lifted its foot that was crushing me. 

"I-I----- wont -----let-----you----go----AWAY!"

"W-WHAT IS THIS HEAT? IT'S HOT!!" 

I clung myself to the demon. Red like aura was already coming out of me like a fire that could burn anything. 

"We shall die together!" 

"NO!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? LET GO OF ME!!" The demon tried to shake me off but I just sticked my body like a glue. I didn't have any intention of letting go. 

<SOUL CAPACITY IS DECREASING TO THE DANGER LEVEL>

Something unknown was ringing in my mind.

"I dont care! JUST BURN EVERYTHING!"

"GAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!  LET GO OF ME!!! " the demon cried in agony as I kept clinging to him. 

It was slowly burned by the heat I was emmiting. 

"WAHHHHHHHHHH!" 

After his final struggles, The demon turned into nothing and leaving nothing behind.  I collapsed in the ground with my consciousness slowly fading away in the darkness. 

--------------------------

<Host has entered a very dangerous state! initiate auto-recovery?> 

'We can't do that yet!  The host is still too weak for that'

<.....>

'consume the demon's soul and make it the a factor in healing the host"

<Unavailable>

'Then just seal it and integrate it slowly to the host body'

<Initiated.....>

<Sealing Demon soul...> 

A ball of light came out from Andre's body,  It floated to a black sphere and started to suck it away.

"WHAT IS THIS!? IT'S SUCKING MY SOUL.  I-I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE OR ELSE I CANT BE REVIVED"

The black sphere quickly run away only leaving a part of his soul to be sealed inside the ball of light. 

<Due to host level, only 30% have been sealed remaining 70% got away>

After sealing the demon's soul,  the ball of light once again entered andre's body. 

<Initiating healing process>

<Failed!>

<Not enough mana! seeking alternative...>

<Failed!>

'quickly prepare transfer to one of the origin caves. Make sure it was close to one of the **********!'

<Initiating suggestion.... >

<Transfering..... consuming remaining mana>

<Once maintence over... preparing for temporary shutdown...>

A magic circle appeared on the ground where andre was lying unconscious. Light covered his body and quickly disappeared somewhere.

7