Chapter 21 part 1 Daily Life
151 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haaaaaaa! " I gave a long yawn,  seeing the morning sun rising.

I left the warm bed and gave a light stretch while still sitting.  This is a small cabin in the backyard of Old Man's(Arnold) House. In other words, I became a good for nothing freeloader to a family that I didn't have any connection to. Well, they did understood my situation, that's why they let me stay here in this cabin. Well, my life here was pretty good.  It's like a good old farm life. 

'I've been here for a week now. I'm also fully recovered and ready to go back to the empire but the problem is I don't have any money for the transportation. Not only that, this place is on the other side of the continent so it will take months to travel. I need money for food, transportation and many more. Another problem is this part of the continent are in constant attack of the demons.  If I want to go back, either I will pass my way to the demon realm or take the longer path, to ride a ship and make a round trip.' Just the thought of it made my head in pain.

'Looks like I need to find a way to get money because if I want to go back, I need to travel a long way. I also have to find change of clothes, foods, and other necessities.'

I continued to think as I fixed my bed, then walked out of the room. 

I walked out from the cabin on my way to the backyard. The beautiful sunrise was already over my head.

'Maybe It's already six' I was not sure but I always wake up at 6 in the morning.  It's my body clock so It might be right.

I walked to the stone path and soon saw a well made our of stone. Yume seemed to has used it already as the surrounding  of the well was already wet. She would always woke up early to water their plants. A very hard-working girl indeed. l dropped the wooden basket with the rope attached to it in the well, and the echoing sound of the basket colliding to the water could be heard. I dragged the rope and lifted up a full pail of the well's water.

I scooped up a mouthful of wells freezing cold water with my hand to gargle my mouth to remove the dried saliva. I also wash my face and drink some of the well water. It was so sweet that it reminded me of my grandparents' farm back on earth.

After another scoop of water, I wiped myself with a clean cloth. 

"That was refreshing!"

Just after I finished cleaning myself,  Yume walked towards me, holding an empty pail of water 

"Good morning, Big brother Andre!" Yume greeted me with a big smile on her face.

"Good morning, Yume.  Done watering plants?" I answered back. 

"Yes!" once again, she gave an even brighter smile. 

'A smile we must protect' I inwardly thought.

"Good Job, Yume!" I place my hand on her head, gently caressing her silky hair. I couldn't even blame myself for doing such a thing.

'such a cute and  kind little girl. FBI,  I willingly surrender myself to you'

"Ehehehe!" Yume giggled happily, receiving the head pats. 

"By the way, big brother, breakfast is ready." She added. 

"Okay,  Let's eat then! Where's your father, by the way?" I asked. 

"Father's on the workshop. I will call him, now"

"It's okay, you can go first. I will call him"

"Okay" Yume quickly went inside the house. 

I walk my way through the workshop. 

Clank! 

Clank! 

Clank! 

As I went closer, I could hear the hammering sound coming inside the workshop. Old man Arnold was a blacksmith.  He provided some of the equipment to the soldiers of Border Town. 

Knock! 

knock! 

knock! 

"Old man, It's me Andre!  Yume said breakfast is ready" I shouted after knocking three times at the door.  

"Oh! Is that so,   Okay!  I'll just clean this up for a bit" Old man Arnold answered.  After a while,  He came out from the workshop,  You still see the remnants of his work in his body. 

-------------->>>>

After we finished eating, I helped the old man by chopping the woods. I've done this since yesterday but I couldn't get the idea how they split the wood in half with one swing.

"Hiyaaah!" Once again, I swung the axe in full force, aiming at the wood. When I hit it, it wasn't cut it in half but instead scattered into pieces. 

I tried again with a lesser strength but this time it just flew away.

" Ahh damn it! There must be something wrong here! Is it my swing or the angle? " I cursed as I tried to figure out what's the problem.  I often saw it in movies, I thought you'll just need to swing the axe.

"you're doing it wrong, lad!"

6