Story Two- Apartment No.-666(5)
1.4k 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the dead of the night, Jonathan woke up abruptly by a sudden sound. Even though it was a warm night, he experienced chills down his spine and sweat was rolling down his head. Jonathan was frightened like no other time in his life. The room was becoming terrifying by the minute, and all this fear was making his throat dry. Still scared, Jonathan cautiously went towards his refrigerator.

As Jonathan opened the refrigerator to take the bottle of cold water to quench his thirst, he felt someone was standing beside him. When he twisted his head to investigate, there was nobody in sight. The fear inside Jonathan was intensifying by the minute.

“Help me.”

Soon Jonathan heard a whisper in his ear. The whisper seemed to be from a woman calling for help. Whichever room Jonathan went, the whisper followed him like his own shadow. Jonathan felt like he was going crazy, hearing voices even when he was alone in his apartment. All this was making Jonathan feel uneasy and in the end he couldn’t take it any longer. Jonathan ran straight towards his front door to escape. After coming out of his apartment, he ran straight towards apartment no. 666 to get help from Jasmine. He continuously kept banging her door in the hope that she would open the door but no one opened the door. When he stopped banging the door, the whisper called out to him again.

“Come inside.”

Jonathan saw the lock on the door of Jasmine’s apartment was unlocked. He realized something was wrong and should not stay in the apartment complex any longer. Now the problem was Jonathan didn’t know anyone who would shelter him for the night in the city. Jonathan decided he would spend the rest of the night in the park, and then he will talk about his experience with the Ramsey brothers. Jonathan started running frantically away from the apartment complex towards the nearby park without looking back even once.

After running for 5 minutes, Jonathan reached the entrance of the city park. The park was empty except for some stray dogs who were sleeping on the grass. Jonathan went inside the park and started searching for a bench to spend his remaining night. After searching for a while, he discovered one in the middle of the park. Within minutes of laying down on the bench, he fell asleep.

While Jonathan was sleeping soundly on the park bench, he felt someone was prodding him with a stick. When he opened his eyes, there was a policeman standing there with a police baton in his hand. He inquired Jonathan.

“Why are you sleeping here? Don’t you know, it is illegal to sleep in the park?”

“Sir, I have a valid reason to sleep here, there is a ghost in my house.”

“Are you drunk? There are no such things like ghosts.”

“Sir, believe me. I am not lying.

“Looks like you are not going to reveal the truth to me. I am going to take you to the police station to obtain the truth.”

“But?”

“You’re under arrest. You have the right to remain silent, and anything you say will be used against you in the court of law.”

The policeman handcuffed Jonathan and took him towards his patrolling car. Jonathan decided not to argue and continue to be silent. After driving for about 15 minutes, they reached the city police station. The policeman took Jonathan by his arm and dragged him inside the police station. The police station was busy with policemen and policewomen filing papers and listening to people’s complaints. The policeman stopped in front of the office of the Senior Police Officer and demanded Jonathan to remain on the bench outside the office. Jonathan sat on the bench just as the policeman asked him and the policeman went inside the office.

After waiting for 15 minutes, the policeman came outside of the office and signaled Jonathan to come inside. Still handcuffed, he went inside the office of the Senior Police Officer. There he saw a bald-headed man in his 50s sitting on an executive chair. He demanded the policeman who detained Jonathan to release Jonathan from the handcuffs. The policeman followed the order and released Jonathan from handcuffs and went outside the room. The man in his 50s signaled Jonathan to sit on the chair in front of him. He inquired Jonathan in a composed voice.

“I am the officer in charge of this police station. I heard about your case from that policeman; you were sleeping in the park even when it is illegal to do so. I would like an explanation from you.”

“I ran away from my apartment because I am afraid there is a ghost there.”

Even after hearing about the ghost from Jonathan, the Officer in charge remained silenced and asked him.

“What is your name?”

“My name is Jonathan.”

“So, you encountered a ghost in your apartment and ran away and decided to sleep in the park.”

“No, I didn’t encounter a ghost, but a whisper keeps following me in my apartment appealing for help even though I was alone in the apartment.”

“Didn’t you ask for help from your neighbors?”

“I did ask for help from my neighbor, but it seemed no one was home.”

“Can you tell me where you live?”

“I don’t know the name of the apartment complex, but it is a big white apartment complex in the Nirvana Hills. I live on the sixth floor in apartment number 663.”

“How long have you been living there?”

“I shifted only 3 days ago.”

“Where have you been living before that?”

“I lived in a shared hostel.”

“Are you a student?”

“Affirmative, I am a student. I am enrolled in the city university.”

“Okay, Jonathan. Since this is your first mistake, I am releasing you without any charges. Please don’t repeat the mistake again. You can go home right now.”

“But, I can’t go back. I am afraid I will go insane there.”

“Is there anybody in the city who can shelter you tonight?”

Although Jonathan didn’t know anyone in the city, he stressed himself to remember in hope that maybe there is someone he knew in the city. After much thought, Marshall’s name came to his mind.

“There is a student in my university named Marshall. He is in his third year in the city university.”

I have gone to police station only once so I don't know how is atmosphere there? In this part, police station scene is all my imagination.

13