Chapter 3 – The Core 1
1.8k 1 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After draining a few more handfuls of pebbles I felt very comfortable.

 

...The thing I'm interested in is Mana.

It came to me suddenly while absorbing the Mana from the pebbles. Clarity washed through my mind as Mana pulsed throughout my veins.

Answers to my questions suddenly appeared clearly in my mind. As Mana kept causing through my veins I suddenly felt a sense of clarity.

I understood that Mana is the foundation of everything in this world. When elements are formed they originally come from what's called Origin Mana. Origin Mana predates everything else. As time passes Origin Mana slowly lose its consistency as it spreads across the universe, forming what's commonly known as Pure Mana. Pure Mana is the originator of the physical world as it formed the base elements from Pure Mana in order to construct elements such as iron and bronze.

In turn this shaped the world as commonly seen by the eyes.

When a lifeform is formed. It's usually not because of Pure Mana. The elements forming the lifeform is already in existence. It's also common knowledge that during the lifeforms lifetime it forms what's known as a Mana Core. The Mana Core itself is not formed by Pure Mana but by Common Mana. As a lifeform absorbs Common Mana from the atmosphere it slowly forms a core near the heart. This core allows a lifeform to utilize Mana stored within the core itself.

I myself was formed by Origin Mana. I understood that now. By subconsciously absorbing the concentrated Pure/Common Mana my sense of self slowly formed. And by directly absorbing Mana from the creek's pebbles I further understood the nature of this world.

 

After collecting my thoughts. I made a decision.

Moving towards the creek I slowly reached down my hand towards the bottom. As I felt my palm connect I began to focus.

The sun was starting to hide behind the tall trees and night would soon arrive. I needed to find shelter for the night as the temperature would fall drastically compared to daytime.

Nevertheless, I still felt heartbroken about leaving all the Mana collected in the small pebbles. There were no way I could absorb it all. A few handfuls of pebbles were already enough to make me feel bloated...

Therefore I chose to take all the Mana with me. The only issue was that it would take far too long to collect and transport the pebbles with me. So I had no other choice than store them in a convenient way.

From my newly-acquired knowledge. I understood how a lifeforms core was formed during its lifespan. So I gathered that I could somewhat do the same thing. With all the Pure Mana around here, it would be no issue to form an artificial core to carry it around in. 

As I stood there in the middle of the creek. A serious expressing suddenly formed across my face as I started working. With my palm pressed against the bottom of the creek I focused all my attention on the area just below as I formed an image in my head of what I desired. I thought about the specifications of the material and what uses it should have. And as my mind worked the surrounding Mana started slowly moving towards the spot where my palm was touching the ground.

Underneath my hand I felt the core slowly forming as more and more Pure Mana was drained from the surroundings. A few minutes later I felt that the first objective were complete. Now I had a suitable container for the job...

Still standing in the same pose. I used the newly formed core as my target as I slowly drew in the surrounding Mana...

 

 

 

 

 

41