Chapter 12 – A short leash.
1.1k 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the messy greeting the children ran back towards their mother with wagging tails. Still stunned by today's events I sat and watched the scene in front with blank eyes. As I felt a sour taste in my mouth I quickly closed it tightly as drool from the children still ran down my face. 

The two big deities had their once ferocious expressions switched out with lazy yawning as they laid down on the soft grass as the children soon started climbing all over them.

".... He.. Hello great Deity..." I said while trying to put on an somewhat serious fawning expression. As the words fell there were an short moment of silence in the cave as Father Deity opened his left eye and gave me an uninterested glance. The children were apparently used to the silent treatment as they continued to climb all over the big fur covered mountains. When they got too rowdy they would get a smack on the head with either a tail or a paw...

Slowly climbing to my feet I said "Well I'll be going then..." while slowly inching towards the exit. The Mother had been careless and left the exit wide open. I would not be me if I did not even make an attempt at freedom when it presented itself like this. I just wanted to leave before these deities changed their minds about dinner.

 

... But as usual. Deity Mother was the watchful type as I soon got dragged back into the cave. Once again covered in fresh drool.

There were no way for me to fight this oppression. The enemy mindful and powerful. Negotiations fell through and I was kidnapped into their home. For the first time in my life I felt a new feeling. Boredom. Somehow I felt like it would be a bad idea to use the mana in here to train my skills. So I scrapped that idea pretty quickly. At least I felt pretty mad when Mother Deity ate my core right in front of my eyes...

 

All I could do was watch the small children play around and secretly enjoy them tormenting Deity...  As I watched I slowly became more and more tired as I soon drifted off into deep sleep for the first time since I got hurt escaping the jungle.

 

After waking up I slowly stood up and looked around the empty cave seemingly forgetting about little me. Groggily looking around I confirmed my findings. Completely empty.

"That's so weird..." I said to myself in a soft voice. After watching the children bark for hours last night I thought that it would be good to get used to making sounds with my voice. Then I could communicate with ease when the time arrived. Feeling proud of my newly developed proactive mindset I slowly walked towards the sound of the waterfall.

As I got closer and closer I got progressively more and more suspicious. Mother Deity did not strike me as someone that would forget keeping me away from freedom... This might be an elaborate trap...

My thoughts slowly escalated into more and more unreasonable topics as I walked through the curtain of water into the bright outside world.

 

What I found outside shattered my dreams of freedom as the two adults cast a watchful eye towards me the second I arrived...

29