Chapter 25 – Crisis averted?
848 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once you taste it you'll never want to be without it, even for a second...

 

A rhythmic beat slowly brought me back as I relaxed my tense body. A familiar sense of security washed over me as I slowly regained consciousness. The soft warmth that protected me from the outside world slowly filled my senses as I snuggled closer and closer. The soft texture and the familiar sensation brought my chaotic mind to rest as I once again found myself back home.

I don't know when and how I returned. But these thoughts were irrelevant right now. 

 

As I became fully awake I glanced around. Currently I was almost merged into deity mother's soft fur as I laid between her front leg and her neck. Completely covering my once cold body.

My slight movement alarmed the sleeping deity. She slowly turned her head so she could look at me clearly. Her eyes clearly visible as she studied me closely. After a short while she gave a low growl and laid back down to sleep.

Unable/unwilling to escape this divine grace I slowly drifted off to sleep once again. This time brought about by a deep sense of security.

 

The next morning as I freed myself from deity mother's grasp I felt shocked. Something must've happened when I passed out yesterday evening. Currently the mana inside my body acted very chaotic and surged around like never before. I somehow felt stronger but also extremely unbalanced. A sense of crisis washed over me as I rushed outside the cave towards my usual training spot.

Sitting down on the grass I tried to settle my chaotic feelings. Currently my arms and hands were covered with highly radiant blue veins as my body was overflowing with extremely unstable mana. I don't know how I managed to sleep with all this highly unstable mana in my body. But I had to get it out before something bad happened.

Somewhat able to focus my mind I had to make a split second choice. Do I use this mana or do I vent it out? Can I successfully make something in this state? What would happen if I failed? A thousand questions with zero time for answers rushed through my overburdened brain as I chose to make a core with everything I had in me.

Slamming my palm against the ground as I've done a hundred times, I immediately threw caution to the wind and decided for this to be my so far greatest creation! When would I ever have this much mana in my body in the near future? This is a risk I'm willing to take. If I could get a core capable of storing this much mana then I would be able to make even more complex creations in the future!

As I activated my powers I released almost everything I had in me. The mana surged through the soil as it immediately became extremely hot. The water vaporized in a 2 meter radius around me as plants dried up almost instantly. The heat almost became unbearable as I reforged the ground below into my desired result.

As I held my creation in my hand I felt extremely proud. It was unlike anything I've ever created before. Usually I would form uniform cores but this time I wanted it to be special...

The core was the size of my palm and shaped like a sharp fang. It's grayish in color because of the mana and soil I used as the foundation... Not much I could do about that without using more mana than necessary... But looking at it now I felt that the color was quite good. It looked like the real thing. Only the slight transparent look gave it away.

Without any thought I ran back towards the cave to show mother deity my newest creation.

28