Chapter 27 – Lucky find (Part two)
765 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

****Chapter playes out at the same time as Chapter 24

 

As Henrey's party reached safety outside Anbriot's forest. Harley and Henrey let out a combined sigh of relief as the slumped down on the ground. Richard were still unconsciously laying on the ground besides Harley as they sat in silence for a moment.

Henrey were the first one to break the silence as he slowly said "How's Richard looking Harley?" as he looked over towards his two friends.

Harley looked down and checked him for any external wounds.

"He looks much better after we left the forest... I think he just ran out of mana..."

As Harley reported Richard's situation he kept silent for a moment before he continued with a low voice "Something really weird went down. I've never heard of something that powerful appearing in the outer parts of the forest before. And did you see how the forest looked? I've never seen anything like it. Richard might've been able to tell us... Hopefully he'll still remember what happened when we report back to the Guild."

Giving a slight nod in response as Harley continued in a low voice "That giant wolf was really powerful. I've never seen anything quite like it. I just can't understand why it suddenly left after eating that core..."

The two of them decided to wait for Richard to wake up and get back on his feet before going back home towards Karusha...

 

After a hours of walking through the night. The familiar sight of Karusha's outer walls came into sight. The light from the walls guided them for the last 20 minutes of their journey as they at least passed through the open city gates.

Richard had been unusual quiet after he woke up. His skin color and energy had slowly returned to normal. But he seemed absent minded. Only when directly spoken to by either Henrey or Harley would he break out of his thoughts for a brief moment before returning into a daze afterwards.

"Hey Richard. Should we report to the Magican's Guild first or the Explorer's Guild?" Henrey knew that Richard had a lot on his mind after today and would be anxious to share it with like minded people.

Richard immediately nodded and responded with a stern voice as he recalled the mission towards the inner part of the forest planned for tomorrow by the Magican's Guild.

"We should report this at once. I need to explain the situation clearly to the Guild Master before we proceed with the planned flight tomorrow"

As both Henrey and Harley both nodded towards Richard in understanding. They quickened their steps towards the inner city to meet with Guild Master Henrik.

When they reached the Magican's Guild. Richard immediately went towards the receptionist on duty.

"Excuse me. I urgently need to see the Guild Master. We just returned from Anbriot's Forest and have vital information" afraid to lose time he quickly explained the gist of the situation to the secretary.

After showing his card to the receptionist. She reached underneath the table and rang a small bell.

After a short moment an young man came down and showed them into the reception room. A few minutes later Henrik walked in the door.

After a quick greeting he asked "What's so important that you'll come rushing here during the night?" with a slight hoarse voice Henrik voiced his disbelief that anything could be more important than sleeping during this hour. He had been working late every night in preparation to Senna's mission tomorrow and had almost just finished up as these three barged into his turf.

Richard quickly stood up and made a bow. After that he quickly opened his mouth "Greetings Guild Master. We have just returned from Anbriot's forest and we have vital information concerning tomorrows research mission" finishing that last line. Henrik's last speck of drowsiness vanished as he turned serious.

23