Chapter 31 – Another outing
743 5 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After returning to my humble self. I quickly found myself with a puzzled expression slowly forming.

Standing up while huffing I looked at my two greatest creations so far. My left hand held the core and my right the circle. Slowly moving them towards each other I got even more puzzled... Now I have two things that does not fit together at all.

I took a few glances while rubbing them gently together. I don't think this will merge all that well... The core currently had around 25% of its maximum capacity filled with mana. I had no clue what would happen if I were to reforge it... Might even brake it.

Shuddering at the thought of losing another core I cherished I quickly shook my head. I'm not losing this one...

Looking down at it intently I tried to figure out a way to go about making it hang from the circle.

Surpassing even my own high expectations of my creativity I quickly found a decent solution. Forming a tight circle around the bottom part of the fang. I merged another circle onto it so that I could hang it onto the large circle around my neck.

After making sure it was properly stuck there I held my combined masterpiece in front of my eyes as I evaluated my own craftsmanship.

The circle was meant to go around my neck and was formed of a lot of small circles of smooth iron. The glare from the sun only intensified how divine this object looked in my own eyes. It felt almost unnatural with the extremely tight tolerances as it was formed without the need for tools. The fang was resting just below my throat while it hanged down from the circle. The sharp pointy top pointed down towards my chest.

I felt extremely satisfied as I walked around a bit while jumping and shaking my head to make sure it was secure.

Confirming my own prowess in design I quickly looked up towards the sky to judge how much time I had left before nighttime came. The sun was currently around the middle so I decided to get back on track and find a way towards the top of the waterfall.

Before I had the chance to sneak off on my own Father deity came out of the woods just to catch me take my first step into the point of no return. Being caught at the scene of the crime I looked awkwardly at father deity as he walked over towards me.

A low growl followed by the sky and earth switching places before my eyes.

I suddenly found myself in a delightful place. Currently I occupied the most desired spot in the whole area. Father deity's back. The view was absolutely eye opening from here. The forest had a lot of tall trees. But if I stood up I would be able to stick my head up and look above most of the lower trees in the area. Looking down I felt that father deity was truly enormous... It was really weird how he was able to move through the forest without causing much noise. Feeling slightly proud of him I stood even more confidently on my legs as I lorded over the forest below us.

As he took slow and considerate steps away from the cave we entered the forest. I don't know where we were going. But this beat my previous plan by a mile! I completely stopped wondering and just enjoyed as the scenery slowly passed us by as time went by.

When we had walked for about 20 minutes father deity suddenly slowed down and started glancing around the area. He almost seemed like a king checking up on his kingdom as he made his way around.

But after stopping completely he shook his back abruptly causing me to fall down on my stomach. Afraid to fall to my death I grabbed on to his fur with all my might as I pressed myself against him.

Turning his head towards his left and took a quick glance at me he suddenly let out a deep warning growl. As soon as his voice fell he suddenly started slowly accelerating until he was in a spring. The leaves and trees gave way as we brushed past them like the wind. After a short while the speed was becoming unbearable for me as I shut my eyes and held on for dear life.

 

26