Chapter 45 – Tested and true
685 4 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One thing was certain. The beasts ate slowly and talked fast...

Glancing around I could see some serious looking beasts as they walked around while looking into the darkness. They reminded me of Mother deity as she guarded the entrance to the cave... They probably made sure that all the beasts stayed within the clearing. Nodding to myself as I felt a bit bad for the trapped beasts. I knew the situation too well myself.

Something interested happened as soon as one of the beasts brought out something I haven't seen before. A long object. The light from the fire seeped through it as I could clearly see some sort of liquid inside it. The beasts around one of the fires erupted in cheerful voices as the beast somehow removed the top part of the object and purred it into something else. I glanced at the other beasts at the other fires and saw them looking enviously at the event. Feeling intrigued I kept my eyes locked on them.

By the time the object were empty. The beast from that fire stumbled around towards the weird objects. All of them except one went inside. That beast came straight towards me. As the beast walked past one of the stern looking ones he said something and walked underneath me into the darkness.

Grinning from ear to ear I waited for the beast to enter my domain as I crept down the trunk silently. Following behind the beast I suprised even myself at my stalking abilities. I moved almost silently through the vegetation. The beast did not notice me at all. I felt that I had somehow underestimated my own ability to be stealthy. The beast suddenly stopped up. It leaned against a tree and started to vomit. Looking at the beast I suddenly got an idea. This happened to me once as well. I tried to drink water like Mother deity and ended up in the same situation. Maybe this beast could only eat mana like me... But because of the other beasts it could only endure and eat that weird substance. Remembering back when I passed out from the cold and a lack of mana I felt sad for this poor beast. 

While deep in thought I made a fatale mistake. The beast had suddenly turned around and looked straight at me. There was a brief moment of silence between us as it somewhat dazed looked at me. The wind passed through the area as it carried a strong smell towards me. I furrowed my brows as I prepared to run for my life.

"He... Hey. Please keep it a secret miss. O-okay? I-I'm not a good drinker"

The beast spoke in a somewhat awkward tone as it looked at me. I understood most of its words. But one thing was clear. My disguise is perfect!

Filled with confidence I tried to say something. But I've only ever spoken a few words in my life... So it came out quite awkwardly.

"Y-yes. N-o p-roblem"

Nodding slightly the beast walked past me with awkward steps as it left towards the nest. Standing in silence for a moment. I walked away from their nest back towards Father deity. The sun would soon come out and even if my skills were tested and true. I still had to watch out for daylight...

29