Chapter 48 – Ingenious trials
669 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I've just seen something like this. But it was in another state of being... The object before me looked similar, yet different. Yes... My keen eye immediately saw the similarities and the differences. When I walked into the hollow part of the tree this object was opened. But this one is closed. Two states. That means this one should be able to open as well. The beasts might have left the first one open as a challenge to invite intruders that passed the first obstacles inside to challenge them once more.

My face turned very serious as I studied the object. Like the one above me. This one was flat and stood out clearly from the wood around me. Iron was integrated into the middle part. Long with a slight curve. The iron seemingly diving into the wood around it... I must admit. This was something like I've never faced before. I tried pushing the wood with all my might, but it only slightly budged and did not open at all! Taking a step back I needed another plan of action... This was clearly their last line of protection against intruders. Normal tricks would not open this tree and let me gaze at its secrets...

After fiddling around with the strange object I only found out one thing. The strange iron part moved up and down. After a few more experiments I confirmed my theory. This truly was an object of great mystery...

Just before I were about to drain the mana out of the strange object in protest I suddenly thought of something ingenious!

Standing before the object I grabbed the iron part and pulled down. Okay. First step.

Then I readied myself and prepared my second step. I tightened my grip and pulled the object open.

Looking at the pathetic object I almost burst out laughing! I'm truly a master of deduction! When I saw the open version above me, it was opened outwards! I only ever pulled down and pushed! Sneaky beasts!

Making sure that there were no lurking beasts inside the now open hollowed tree I slowly entered. As I passed by the object I gave it a good huff as I showed my dominance.

 

Inside the hollowed out tree more strange objects littered the insides. I barely had time to blink as various interesting things kept stealing my attention. The insides were dimly lit by what looked like cores of some sort. Some strange wooden creations stood against the walls. They kinda looked like those that the beasts like to eat at. At the of the room another object awaited its fate as it defiantly stood closed. This one might be even more formidable...

I did not know how much time I had left. So I just quickly glanced around as I walked all the way over to the object.

After trying a few tries it still remained shut and refused to play by the rules. Having had enough I placed my palm against the wood as I made it rot away!

Feeling especially proud of myself, I passed through the now dying object, inside I was met with another easy climb down the branches.

 

 

22