Chapter Three: The Escape
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Human Hunter tossed Aria a long staff which he had folded into his armor. "Use that, it's far stronger than any regular weapon. It'll crush wherever you aim on the body of those things."

"Ahem.. sorry to bother, H.H., but if I may ask, how do you know that?" Benson was a little confused as to how Human Hunter was aware of the durability of these strange creatures.

"It's simple. I tested the effectiveness of my own blade on the creatures. Based on how easy it was to slice through, and how strong the blade is itself, I can compare its strength to my other weapons and tools. In turn, it shows me how strong each would be against the target I just attacked. It's sort of like power scaling I guess you could say." He rummaged through his belongings, finding something that Benson could use.

"Ah.. yes, I get it now." Benson confirmed.

"Hm. Alright then, good. Anyway, I have a weapon for you to use as well." Human Hunter pulled a small electronic part from his armor. "It enhances the abilities of all your electronic gadgets. Basically, all you need to do is eat this. The chip implanted into your brain, which is used to control your weapons, will drastically increase it's effectiveness."

"E-Eat it..?" Benson hesitantly questioned.

Aria walked over, and smacked the electronic part down Benson's throat with her newly acquired staff. "Uhh, yeah? Duh, he just said it five seconds ago moron. Now try not to choke and die." The staff rested along her shoulder, Aria asked everyone. "Now can we go? I'm getting sick and tired of having all of these weirdos staring at us. Actually, why the hell are they barley doing anything?"

"I'm not sure." Human Hunter scanned the area once more, "I may know how durable they are, but these creatures are still a mystery to me. Either way, they're getting in the way of our goal to eradicate all humans, which is something that I can't tolerate. As consequence.. they'll need to be killed too. But for now that's not the focus. We need to leave until we gain more information on whatever they are."

"I-Is Halt coming?" Benson asked, looking a little concerned.

"Of course he is." Cracking his knuckles, Human Hunter continued, "I have him guarding the entrance. I'll pull him into the aircraft with my chain once we leave." He then shifted his feet, "But for now, our priority is actually getting to the aircraft." Sprinting towards the enemy, he yelled. "Now let's go!!"

Benson replied, "C-Coming H.H.!"

Aria didn't say anything, and just started busting limbs while smiling due to her acquirement of her new overpowered weapon.

Cracking necks and busting skulls, Human Hunter ran through the onslaught of enemies. They finally began fighting back, but only with slow and sluggish movements.

Benson followed suit. Though he attacked with his gadgets. "Hah, Human Hunter was correct, this upgrade has certainly improved my gear in every way possible! Hahah, thank you sir!" He slid under one of the armored creatures, blowing it to pieces once he had already passed. This battle was going almost too well, but it was about to change drastically.

Out of the sky, a behemoth crashed through the trees and smashed through the fort. The impact of its landing caused the entire building to shake. It stood up.. slowly, revealing it's massive scale and vast selection of unknown gear.

Benson looked up, and fell back to the ground in shock. Aria dropped her staff. Her confidence had just been crushed. Halt barged in through the door, barking at the humongous monstrosity. It looked down at him, and prepared to crush the, now tiny looking wolf.

The gargantuan thing had armor the same color as his much smaller brethren, but had a wider build. It swung its arm at Halt. The blown air caused by the movement of his arm shattered the fort walls. At the last second.. Halt was saved by Human Hunter, who once again used his chain to grab him. This time though, he also grabbed Aria and Benson, and traveled towards the aircraft he kept mentioning at full speed ahead.

When the punch connected with the ground, it resulted in the complete devastation of everything nearby. It even killed the ginormous thing's smaller friends. Luckily for Human Hunter, he had built his aircraft so that it would be strong enough to survive a small nuclear blast. He needed this machine to almost always be in working condition in case a situation such as this were to arise. His cautious behavior has certainly paid off.

Human Hunter, who was 7 foot 7, looked tiny compared to who he was up against, just like Halt did. After a bit of maneuvering and dodging, Human Hunter finally arrived at what was remaining of the room that held his aircraft within it.

The aircraft was matte black, a color that went well with Human Hunter's brown armor. It was much smaller than Benson and Aria had expected, only about 25 feet long, and lacked any sort of wings. It had 5 seats. One for Aria, Benson, Halt, an extra passenger, and of course Human Hunter himself. Halt decided to sit on Human Hunter's shoulder. Before taking off he said, "Err-.. you're heavier than you look, boy." He then pressed a button. The back of the aircraft began charging up. The humongous opposing armored creature came over, and kicked the aircraft across the now exposed forest.

Everyone screamed. While upside down, the aircraft thankfully started. It spun around before rocketing into the air at a steady pace. Aria, who sat in the back, glanced back at the creature. It threw a piece of rubble towards them, but it was blocked by the invisible forcefield surrounding the strange flying machine.

The creature then just stared for a while. Human Hunter paid no attention, until he heard it.. begin to speak.

"Humans.. due to your reckless and problematic nature, we have been sent here to take care of you by ending your lives. We cannot allow you all to continue on these murderous rampages. You may have escaped for now.. however, know that we are the weakest of our kind. And soon enough, the stronger members will find.. and will bring you down. That.. is a promise."

Human Hunter kept his head forward, continuing to focus on driving. He did however, utter something to himself.

"Not likely."

0