Chapter 1: Hello World
181 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a rainy afternoon where you could hear the raindrops slapping onto the window of a flimsy apartment building that seemed to take up too much space in this modern neighborhood in the college district of the Union. The Union was one of the largest federations in the world, taking up the old United States, along with Mexico and Canada. This was the year 2177, almost 100 years after World War 3 had ended. The devastation of the fighting between United States and China had ripped apart the continent of North America, and only certain parts of the land could be habitable. Axel was a very normal college student that lived in a region that was once called California, which was renamed as Area 7 after Union was established. Axel looked at the clock, and it displayed, "3:21 P.M."

He had been up all night spamming shadow missions in the world famous online MMORPG, Mabinogi. He was preparing to upgrade one of his new weapons, the Soluna Blade, into a Step 7 weapon, which was the last upgrade you could do to a weapon in the game. Not to mention, the Soluna Blade was an ultra rare two-handed sword you could only get from clearing the hardest dungeon in the game, Rabbie Phantasm a good several hundred times to get the materials to make it. And the blacksmiths that were skilled enough to make the Soluna Blade could only be counted with the number of fingers one had.

He had just slept over a college class, one that he didn't need to show up for as it was a philosophy class where a professor just lectured on and on until he lullabied everyone to sleep. Axel zipped out of bed like batman and did a quick rinse of water in his mouse before heading out the door. He put on his rain jacket and rain boots and closed the door behind him to head to the nearest 7 Eleven to get some beef tacos for dinner.

Upon entering the 7 Eleven, he quickly told the attendant to bring out 3 beef tacos to go. He gave him a bill of 5 Unis, which was the new currency for the Union Federation. The inflation in currencies hadn't changed much since the 21st century. You could buy 3 small tacos with 5 Unis, or 5 dollars back in the days when the United States was a single country. Now that United States, Canada, and Mexico had combined into one country, it had truly become a melting pot of different people and cultures. English wasn't the only official language anymore, and every new child that enrolled in public school had to learn English, Spanish, and French, as they were the major languages that most people spoke in the Union.

"Come again", waved the attendant, as Axel went out the automatic door. As he walked towards the direction of his house, he heard a thunderbolt jolt in the distance. Luckily, it wasn't near where he was. He thought to himself, "When I get home, I'm gonna pulverize those weak guild leaders and newbies to show them who's boss again, hahahaha!!"

Axel was one of the most renowned solo players in Mabinogi. He had completed every single difficult dungeon and shadow mission one could complete, and completed nearly the best gear in the game, with the exception with the Soluna Blade. It had been stuck at Step 6 upgrade sequence for more than 4 months, and he was ready to take his demon-like power to the next level. He couldn't wait to show the guild leaders that often teamed up on him with their guilds to steal his hunting grounds in dungeons. Although he could defeat the guild leaders of major guilds easily, it was a different story if they brought their entire guild to combat Axel. In his mind, Axel thought, "F**k those guild peeps, using their numbers like a cheat."

He was going to get revenge after his Soluna Blade completed the Step 7 upgrade. As he finished his thoughts, he took another step and felt his body slide forward like a rocket. It was only then he realized there was a soda can where he had taken his step, and what happened next was horrific.

Axel not only slide and rolled forward, but after rolling, there was a telephone pole right next to where he was going to fall supposedly right into the floor if there was nothing there.

"Gong!"

Axel felt the world revolving around him, and he couldn't keep his consciousness in check. Next thing he knew, stars were appearing in his line of vision, and his entire world went black.

This blackness persisted for a while, and he thought he had fainted, but it was weird how his consciousness was still there, as if his spirit had escaped his body.

"What the hell is happening here?" Axel thought. He was going crazy. He thought he had most likely died most slipping on the soda can and then crashing into the telephone pole.

"Whoosh!"

Suddenly the world around his consciousness became white, and he saw the sky. It was nighttime and he could see the constellations above. Then he looked down and he gasped. In front of him, was a familiar view that he thought he saw everyday while logging onto his favorite MMORPG.

"Is this....real?" Axel thought to himself. He saw the old Market Board, which was used for selling and buying things before the Auction System was released. He saw the town office, where the pretty blond Eaven worked to support new players. He saw Walter, who was in charge of the General Store. Then he did a 360 degree check up on his surroundings. He saw all the things that belonged to one town in Mabinogi, Dunbarton.

Axel exclaimed, "WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!! WHY AM I IN DUNBARTON!!!!!!!!!"

What he really wanted to yell was why he was even in Mabinogi as his character in the first place, and he couldn't believe the next thing he saw.

Axel was wearing the most basic beginning t-shirt and jeans, along with a wooden stick in his hand, which was the starter weapon that all beginners got. He saw that he also no absolutely no gold and nothing else except a bread in his inventory.

No words could describe the pain in his chest. He almost spat out blood.

"I CAN"T BELIEVE ALL MY MONEY IS GONE!!!!!!!!! NOT TO MENTION I'M ONLY LEVEL 1!!!!!!!"

Axel thought to himself afterwards, "How I am supposed to survive with this shitty gear and low level?"

He wasn't too surprised about being summoned to another world, but now his problem was he only had a bread to his name, and this was the start of his journey into his favorite MMORPG, Mabinogi.

2