Prologue
48 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Oi oi, stop fooling around and help me kill this thing already!”

“Wait! I need to get a good angle for my recording.”

“Fucking help me! I’m gonna die! No! Shit! Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!”

The ominous statements coming from a certain café shop would alert other people nearby, but that never happened since it was a usual occurrence in that shop.

There were the two friends who were playing a video game of Monster Slayer along with other guests in the café shop. None were bothered by their screaming banter as if it was a normal thing for them.

“Ugghhhh…. I hate you. You left me for dead.”

“Ahahaha! I thought you were so good you can kill it on your own.”

“As if I can carry your ass when a multiplier is on in co-op mode!”

“Ahaha! Ok ok I’ll be serious next time.”

Their bickering continued on as they both exited the café and into the cold night of the streets. Building and houses were barely lit up, signaling that it was already past local business time for the city. Only open ones were convenience stores and cars passing by every few minutes or so.

Both went to a convenience store and bought their own drinks and snacks before settling in for a rest.

“Well that was fun even if you fucked me over.”

“Yea it was.  It doesn’t feel the same anymore though…”

“Yea…”

The duo was originally a trio of close friends who played together whenever their free time matched each other. A man who always had a friendly air around him, a simple plain guy who had an apathetic attitude to everything uninteresting to him, and lastly a slightly chubby dude who has a history of health problems.

The former was regarded as ‘lucky’ for being lucky in inopportune times, while the latter two were quite the opposite in opportune ones.

However, it was quite ironic that their ‘lucky’ friend was the first to depart their world.

“From the three us, he had to be the first. Really ironic…”

“What can we do? Truck-kun decided it was him first.”

“Haha…”

Trying to lighten the mood, the duo forcefully changed the subject into other topics until their snack break was over. They continued their talk on a sidewalk for many minutes to come.

Both called it a night and would soon part on their ways.

“Same time next week?”

“Dunno, depends if they don’t change my shift. We’ll see.”

“Is that so? See ya then.”

“See ya. Take care.”

As both say their farewells, something started glowing beneath the chubby man’s feet, no­— his feet were glowing and was rapidly consuming.

The simple man staggered away but the slightly chubby man immediately pleaded for help towards him.

“What’s happening to me?! Con help me! Help me!”

“Fuck shit Vin, stay away!”

Before Con could back away from Vin, his hand was already grabbed by Vin but by that time all of his body was consumed by the light except his head.

When Vin grabbed Con’s hand, the light was shared amongst them and also rapidly consumed Con.

“Fuck Vin! What did you do to me?!”

Con struggled to shave off the consuming light on him, but it was all to no avail as it mercilessly enveloped him. His whole body had been covered in light and before it did with his eyes, he noticed Vin was no longer in front of him. Vin had disappeared and in a few seconds later, so did Con too.

Although the bright light enveloping the duo would alert anyone nearby to them, it was already past midnight as everyone else was asleep. No one would even barely notice what happened as the disappearance occurred in a matter of a few seconds.

The two friends had completely disappeared from the world without anyone even noticing dead in the night.

 

——————————————————————————————————————————————

 

In a dark stony room illuminated only by light torches, at the center of it were two people unconscious on the floor. By coincidence both woke up at the same time.

“Uggghhh… My head…”

“My insides…. Hurt….”

Both unsteadily stood up and looked at their surroundings; immediately they noticed each other.

“Who are you?”

“Who are you?”

One had an average stature with slim build. His face had a sharp shape that gave off a cool air around him, supported by his slim green eyes and dull black hair. He overall gave off the impression of a late teen about to graduate high school.

The other had a short stature with an average build. Its figure gave off the feel of a cute young girl in her early teens. Her face supported that impression due to her amber round eyes along with her glossy black bob cut hair.

The slim man didn’t pay much attention to the short girl and instead observed his surroundings. The room had a cylindrical shape with no decorations whatsoever. It was illuminated by torches that were not burning but rather giving off a white light. There were no windows so he couldn’t tell if it was day or night; the only things worth noticing were the strange symbols they were standing on and a wooden door leading somewhere.

He wanted to know more about his situation but it seems something wouldn’t allow it. Footsteps were heard coming from the door, both quickly took notice of it as the sound was gradually getting louder.

There was brief moment when someone was saying something behind the door and was soon opened. Soldiers clad in armor with swords on their waist entered the room. Two other noticeable people came in after them and for some reason gave a surprised look but immediately discarded it away.

First was a pristine looking lady in a white dress embroidered with expensive looking decorations and jewels. Her golden hair flowed freely onto her back which was complemented by her golden round eyes. She always wore a gentle smile that radiates a serene expression to whatever she may do.

Behind her was a man wearing a dignified officer’s uniform in a dignified pose. His suit had medals pinned on top of it signifying his success of most likely a military field. He gave a sharp glare to us but that could be seen as him being guarded from us. With his blonde hair being pushed back, he gave of a feel of a handsome cool man.

“Greetings o’ summoned heroes, I am known as Princess Felisya Quartzine. The person accompanying me is my brother Arkonia Quartzine. I am sure you have many question, but I beg of you to quell your thoughts and please follow us. All your questions will soon be answered.”

The princess requests so as she bows her head towards them as well as pinching the sides of her dress. Her brother silently stared at them with a sharp glare.

There were no brief introductions as the two were hurriedly guided to another place. Guards escorted the two with the two royalties leading the way.

They went through long hallways that were adequately decorated. Looking at the occasional windows they passed by, it showed that it was day time as the light clearly passed through the large glassed windows.

They all arrived before a large double door, which was immediately opened as soon as the princess stood before it.

The two couldn’t observe the minute detail of the large doors or any other thing for that matter with so many things preoccupied in their minds; not even at each other.

As they led to enter large room and towards the center of it, a long crimson carpet was treaded along their path; large windows on the side of the room illuminated the room with natural light. The ceilings were adorned with sparkly chandeliers that gave off a white radiant light.

People with extravagant clothing filled the open space but never stood onto the red carpet. Even with a glance it was obvious they were all wearing extravagant clothing.

They were both stopped right before someone sitting on top a throne; with both the princess and prince standing beside that person.

It was a king in the grand hall of chamber.

Like the two beside him he had blonde hair with gold eyes. His face gave a rough charismatic look. His age could be roughly guessed by the wrinkles on his face. He wore no crown and instead donned a red mantle that was definitely something of high quality. Many jewels were decorated onto his dress and fingers.

As both people standing before king were busily observing their surroundings, the king stood up and welcomed both with open arms.

“Welcome O’ summoned heroes to my kingdom. I thank you for heeding our plea for aid.”

Both people before him stood in shock with round eyes as they heard some keywords from what the king had said.

They thought was a mess with the sudden events occurring but they both slowly started piecing together where they were and what had happened. Well it was already obvious when the princess had already said so beforehand. Both just happen to need another reminder.

“I am known as Freid Quartzine and the current king of the Quartz Kingdom. I apologize for the sudden summon but I please inquire of your names?”

He had excluded such charismatic introduction that it left the two with anxious expressions. Both would glance at each other as if silently inclining the other to go first.

The slim man inwardly sighed and decided to go first to get it over with. He didn’t know any formal speech so replied in a casual manner.

“Hello, I’m Connor Davis.”

The cute girl looked at Connor with surprise when she heard his name. The king did not mind her reaction and stared at her as if inclining it was her turn.

The cute girl noticed the attention she was suddenly gathering and stuttered with her simple response.

“Vi-Vinny Langst…”

This time it was Connor’s turn to be shocked by what name the cute girl introduced as such, perhaps even more shocking than her when she heard his name.

Both stared at each with disbelief in their minds but the king did mind them so and proceeded regardless of the inner turmoil they were in.

“Hero Connor Davis and Hero Vinny Langst, once again I welcome you to my kingdom. I apologize but I must formerly ask of you again.”

“May you please lend your strength to humanity and defeat the Crimson Demon Lord?”

The king declared so unto them only to be met with shocked stares from the two.

“What?...”

“What?...”

2